I finally managed to put together my second zombie shooter. It's still not like I wanted, but the best I can do right now. I'm still learning how to code and coding and making graphics takes a lot of my time (although Flixel helps a lot). That's why this game lacks a story line and music. Hopefully I'll make the next one better and longer...
Its a simple top-down shooter with 10 levels, 3 challenges and 23 achievements.
Control the player with W,A,S,D or Cursor Keys.
Press SPACE at the exit sign to complete level.
Press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 for firearms.
Press Z,X,C for melee weapons.
Press Q,E for previous/next weapons.
Press R for reload.
Press F to turn Flashlight on/off.
Aim and shoot with mouse.
Break the boxes and collect supplies.
Use supllies to upgrade weapons and buy ammo.
Each level's score will be added to your main score when you complete a level (if its higher than your previous score).
You can play the levels you completed to get more supplies.
When you unlock new levels, there will be more zombies in the previous levels. So you can get your main score higher.
If game is running slow, you can turn off overlay lighting effects to increase performance at the options screen.
I think that's all there is. I hope you like it...
And please give me some feedback so that I can make the next one better :)
P.S: You can find the first game here: http://www.newgrounds.com /portal/view/542474 if you would like to compare.
* Made walk speed faster
* Can run faster but for much shorter duration and regains stamina slower (hopefully balanced)
* Made upgrades cost a little less
* Removed unlock everything key since it was for test purpose only and I forgot it :)
* Made bullets a little faster
I will try to improve it more as soon as possible.
* Now all weapons have unlimited ammo. Who would want to run out of ammo when there's a bunch of zombies around. What was I thinking.
* Supplies are now used to upgrade weapons only.
* Replaced bullet based shooting with instant shooting. Now shots are more accurate and faster. No more zombies dodging bullets.
* Simplified weapon upgrade screen. Who cares about weapon stats...
I hope you enjoy it. Please leave some feedback. Thanks!