5th episode to test with fun how much you know about art4.07 / 5.00 8,826 Views
Cars and tanks and UFOs, oh my!4.17 / 5.00 24,481 Views
Unity Point & Click Escape Game4.03 / 5.00 8,461 Views
v1.3 = Updated December 24th 2010 (see bottom)
Created in the style of a Gameboy Classic title, this is a space-action pixel-art adventure!
There is much planet exploring, bot shooting, bomb exploding, lazer wall hacking, sentry gun evading, cat finding fun to be had :)
We like to think of Cat Astro Phi as a mini-Zelda in space. Obviously we'll never be as good as Zelda, but you've got to have something to aim for, right?
The fantastic soundtrack was created by Rich Vreeland of disasterpeace.com - hit the Extras option in the menu for more details. The pixel magic was spun by Ilija Melentijevic. Yes he used only 4 colours for the whole game, and a resolution of 160x144 (just like a real Gameboy). There are more details to be found in the End Credits scroller, if you manage to complete the game ;)
Oh and please - don't be fooled into thinking this is just some lame Asteroids shmup. If that's all you think, you didn't play it far enough :)
Many thanks to Adam Atomic for his support, Tom Fulp for believing in us and sponsoring, and you guys for playing!
Good luck Space Cadet :)
This addresses a few bugs people have found:
1) You can't die if the lazer wall override panel is open
2) Pausing while hacking the lazer wall used to lock the game, now fixed
3) Removed console key
4) You no longer need to save bots from Sentry Gun fire to get the Pacifist medal
5) You can't blow up space on level 3 (sorry :)
6) You can't fire / move while the space ship is taking off
7) If you paused while the pause overlay was tweening out, it got stuck
8) Fixed small bug in the M41-A medal where it wouldn't reset bot killed counter between planets properly
9) Version number is now displayed on Credits screen in the text at the bottom
Note: I've re-submitted the SWF to NG, but because this is a featured game it may take a while for them to approve it. Basically if it says v1.3 in the Credits screen (it pops-up at the bottom) then cool. Otherwise, try again another day please!