Shoot falling blocks with the same color ball to remove them. Create a full row of blocks for extra points. If the blocks stack too high, its game over.
The game has many settings, so change them to fit your skill level.
Easy mode is for casual gamers.
If you are an avid gamer with good reaction time, you should be playing on Normal or Hard.
Static speed means that the blocks will not fall faster and point values will not increase over time.
10) Added preloader in case of server crashes (mine)
9) Edited leaderboard to bypass browser caching so it updates right away.
8) Improved how boxes and balls are handled memory wise. Rather than creating new objects over and over, created a fix number and cycled through those. Less GC.
7) Box drop rate is now framerate based rather than being a timer event in case of FPS drops. Ive noticed variable rates in FPS when using Firefox and I made this change because it is a popular browser.
6) Bumped up the framerate to 60.
5) Fixed keyboard rotation controls to be smooth and reliable.
4) Fixed a bug with Easy mode.
3) Changed easy mode music.
2) I wanted to give users who jump right in a little more feedback on how to play. Inactive blocks that reach the bottom now become highlighted to indicate that something special might happen if you fill the bottom row.
1) Based on user feedback, defaults to "Increasing" speed and "Normal" difficulty rather than "Static" and "Easy".
This game is a result of an extra credit assignment from a scripting class and I'm trying to get it portfolio worthy. Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.