Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
This is a short cartoon sketch about birds.
I havn't submitted anything in over a year or done any flash cartoons whatsoever. I thought I might have another shot at doing one and see if it will get through and what score it will get.
I hope you enjoy the flash. If you review this cartoon please give constructive criticism. Thank you.
What? Hand Drawn?
With a MOUSE? Wow, Man. I Can't Draw Crap with a Mouse Except a Squiggly Line. Nicely Done, and the Animation Stuck Together and Didn't Vary Too Much. Creative Criticism? I Liked Your Style Fine. The First Part With the Mocking Was Hilarious, I Laughed Out Loud. The Rest of It Didn't Seem to Have a Point and I Was Waiting on Another Balloon to Explain What Exactly Was going On. But It Was Great in Any Case, I Commend You For Drawing All of that By Mouse. Hard Work and a Nice Outcome. Make More, and Maybe Have Some more dialogue [Even with Balloons and No Audio, Cool] .. :)
Hehe, drawing with a mouse is hard and took a long time as I've already said. I did orginally come up with the Mocking bird sketch but doubted it would get through with just that, It kind of petered out a bit but anyhow thanks for the review.
I like your style!
I really liked the concept and feel of this one. Point or no point, it was humorous and very cute. You do not see a lot of that here or anywhere on the net for that matter.
Chin up! Here are the things I like:
1)I like the squiggle technique, and you used it very well. Even hand animated you managed to pull it out! Good work.
2) Your animation style is grand and I am quite envious. I can barely sketch a stick man lest hand draw over 300 frames. WOW!
3) I appreciate the attempt at visual humor. Flash is a hard medium to pass off subtle humor in. That is why everyone sqwaks on and on about scripts and dialouge and voice over work. Anyone can make an oral joke, but few can pull off a visual one. Even without recorded dialogue you seen to pull off an oral joke! NEAT!
4) Short peices are refreshing. I do not view a lot on newgrounds because of the length of presentation and file size. (I am on dial up by curse not choice!) So kudos on keeping a low size and straight to the point humor.
My only suggestions are as follows:
1) The music did not fit the feel, not for me at least. It seemed tacked on later. Like an after thought or a filler.
2) The individual sketches could use more sound. I know how hard sound effects and music choosing can be. I spent 7 hours the other day tacking incidental sounds onto a flash. *sigh* But in the end it give your flash more depth. Not necissaraly voice over, just sound effects.
3) The only progaming choice I would have done differently would have been to make a menu so you could play each part seperatly.
Well I hope I was not too harsh. Good luck and I look forward to seeing more!
Wow big review! I think I might do a big reply. I agree that you don't see many small cute sketches anymore if any just wanted to be a bit different 1) Thanks i also like the squiggle effect, wouldnt really be any good without it.
2) Yep 365 frames did hurt my hand a little, okay a lot! I do think I have a unique style even if Im not the best at drawing.
3) Witty replies is what Im good at, but when Im asked to sit down and think of something funny thats where I have trouble. Even when I do think of a joke to articulate it on flash or even paper is just as hard.
4) I like short pieces aswell, I dont have a good attenetion span, 30seconds is long enough for me!
1) It kind of was but I really liked it and had to have it, maybe Ill put it in a faster moving cartoon in the future!
2) Your right finding sound effects or making them is a very tricky task, and adding them into music to make it sound good is practically impossible.
3) Hmm good point didnt think of that, thought it might be a bit uncessary as each part is 10 seconds long.
Thanks for the review, i prefer ones that say how to improve than ones that say "Yeah, cool, awsome" and definetly more than "crap, rubbish" without explaining why. Thanks again, Im making a new movie which Im going to try and spend a long time on so if you ever see Beane or Elderon you know its me! Gooday.
I enjoyed it
Don't be too down on yourself, it's true about what you say that movies on newgrounds don't have to have sex or violence in.
To the review before this; this movie does have a plot. A sketch is a plot.
A couple of points I want to say; I liked the music and it did go well with the movie but at times the music seemed to overpower itself. Frame-by-frame with a mouse is hard and you seemed to have pulled it off. It could be smoother but that comes with time and consider getting a tablet in the future. It'll really help. I bought one for £30 ($50) and it's great.
Thanks kind sir for the review. I was thinking of getting a tablet but they do take some time to get used to it!
Not bad graphics/animation stylings at all. Might well get through. But of course, a flash needs more than that. You know, a point. Story, voices... The good news of course being that if you have a story to tell you have the tools to tell it.
This is what suprises me about reviews, there are a lot of popular cartoon sketches out there which everyone loves but then there are lots of people commenting on my cartoons that there has to be a point. I'm making these cartoons to show you don't have to have violence, nudity, dumb people or homosexuality in a cartoon to make it good. It seems to me that only popular people can get in cartoons like this. Meh thanks for the review, I guess.
Do I sense either Garageband programme or the eMac
I'm not sure, but I definetly have heard and used most of those tunes myself on the eMac's Garageband.
Hmm, Well basically it was pretty bad.
Maybe better backgrounds, better blending of the music and better animation would do fine
Ah yes you guessed right. I did use garageband for this piece. Thank you for the constructive cristism, I think you have some good points there which I'll try to improve on.
Blue Pencilmate meets Red Pencilmate, but things don't go so well...
While taking the day off work, Lloyd and Glynis take in a movie
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.