00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jestyx3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

546,101 Views | 5,469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-21 04:18:50

At 2/21/08 01:14 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Combo breaker, bitches!
Wow, this thread really has been dominanted by Coop, gfoxcook and Bahamut lately. :/

This is nothing new, really... I'd say it's been a trend for far longer than just "lately," in fact.

P.S: gfoxcook, you are less than 200 posts away from hitting the 10000 mark. You once said that you would update the list once you got there. Do not let everyone down! ;)

Yes, I think we've all noticed I'm less than 200 posts away, man. Especially since a week ago or so I announced I'd hit 9800 posts and all. #;-}>

I will update the list AFTER I get there. Not the MOMENT I get there or anything. So yes, I won't be letting you all down, but you have to keep your end of the bargain (no hassling me just because the update doesn't come out right away).

I've got to take a lot of time to get a lot of data checked, make sure I'm including as many people as possible, not overlooking people who've joined the list, etc. etc.

It's going to take more time than it will take me to get to 10,000 posts from right now. But it WILL happen, trust me, in one form or another.

GOODNIGHT, ALL!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-21 04:22:51

Arghles. I hadn't reloaded this page in the past hour, so when I replied to what I thought was the only post.... that being DoD's.... silly me didn't know Coops had teh posted. ;_;

At 2/21/08 03:28 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/20/08 11:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Still, you = John Petrucci
Do I? I'm still not convinced :P

Do you.... know that? I don't get what you mean by do you.

If you mean "Am I?"... then yes, both Bahamut and I can tell you that yes, you are clearly equal to John Petrucci. The jury is IN on this one.

!_!
Is that the sound of Greg choking I hear?

No, just eye-bulging. Which I believe is silent.

SHORTEST COOP POST EVAR?
Nah, one of my posts in Cyberdevil's thread about quoted text length was just one letter.

Oh yeah. But that was because the quote/new text ratio detector thing is broken or something, right? I'm not sure that really counts, since it was just a technical test.

You're getting adjusted to ol' #8 turning into #88 and switching teams, eh?
I was a bit down on Sunday - I couldn't instantly spot my car and I gave Kasey Kahne (New Budweiser car) some choice words before realising it was car #9 -.-

Ooo, that reminds me... what on earth does Jr's car look like? What's his main sponsor, what colours/patterns? I seriously haven't seen it, so I have no idea.

And what car/sponsor was Kasey driving last year?

9th place so far for me. I'm expecting a win for Jr very shortly.

I'm sure he will, but the wins don't matter unless they win that whole "playoff system" thingie... it kinda makes the early season less impactful.

At 2/18/08 03:48 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Anywho, hope everyone had a good weekend. Goodnight, all!
You can't leave it here! Come back here this instant!
Can't leave it here? Huh? Every night of posting has to end sometime, doesn't it?
Aaaaaargh!

NEVER GONNA GO TO SLEEP! NEVER!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-21 08:29:32

At 2/21/08 04:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Arghles. I hadn't reloaded this page in the past hour, so when I replied to what I thought was the only post.... that being DoD's.... silly me didn't know Coops had teh posted. ;_;

LOL@COOP Stealth posting :)

At 2/21/08 03:28 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/20/08 11:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Still, you = John Petrucci

If you mean "Am I?"... then yes, both Bahamut and I can tell you that yes, you are clearly equal to John Petrucci. The jury is IN on this one.

Long nights, plus early morning posting when the MD is walking around the office, hastliy clicking between work tabs and NG tabs, means that grammar checking goes out of the window :P

!_!

So is a tree falling over in the woods, if there is no-one there to hear it!

SHORTEST COOP POST EVAR?
Nah, one of my posts in Cyberdevil's thread about quoted text length was just one letter.
Oh yeah. But that was because the quote/new text ratio detector thing is broken or something, right? I'm not sure that really counts, since it was just a technical test.

Meh.

I was a bit down on Sunday - I couldn't instantly spot my car and I gave Kasey Kahne (New Budweiser car) some choice words before realising it was car #9 -.-
Ooo, that reminds me... what on earth does Jr's car look like? What's his main sponsor, what colours/patterns? I seriously haven't seen it, so I have no idea.

British Racing Green, with a white rear and doors. He's sponsored by AMP (Mountain Dew + Caffiene) and National Guard are his secondary (Swap the green for a metallic blue) See below for details

Dodge, sponsored by UAW / Dodge Dealers. He's gone from Red / White to Red / Black. Same number.

9th place so far for me. I'm expecting a win for Jr very shortly.
I'm sure he will, but the wins don't matter unless they win that whole "playoff system" thingie... it kinda makes the early season less impactful.

I'd rather watch it now, because people like Matt Kenseth can't walk away with the championship after the Birckyard 400 in August.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-21 10:29:38

Wow, this thread really has been dominanted by Coop, gfoxcook and Bahamut lately. :/
P.S: gfoxcook, you are less than 200 posts away from hitting the 10000 mark. You once said that you would update the list once you got there. Do not let everyone down! ;)

lol glad you did that. my eyes were about to roll round in my skull

But yea it would be interesting to see what stats everybody has come up with now

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-22 02:18:30

At 2/21/08 08:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: LOL@COOP Stealth posting :)

Yeah, you really stealthed me there.

Long nights, plus early morning posting when the MD is walking around the office, hastliy clicking between work tabs and NG tabs, means that grammar checking goes out of the window :P

Okay. Glad I wasn't just... totally missing what you meant or something. #;-}>

Or so they say.

British Racing Green, with a white rear and doors. He's sponsored by AMP (Mountain Dew + Caffiene) and National Guard are his secondary (Swap the green for a metallic blue) See below for details

That shade of green is actually called British Racing? It's a nifty colour, but I think it would look a lot better if it was solid that, or with black or grey or something... the white on the side and back looks ugly as fugs with it, IMHO.

The blue's okay... but both of them with the white bg behind the 88 on the side doors just doesn't appeal to me. I miss his old pure-red 8 Bud car already. So surreal. I see what you mean.... I won't even notice him when the pack is coming around a curve past the cameras. o_o

Dodge, sponsored by UAW / Dodge Dealers. He's gone from Red / White to Red / Black. Same number.

Oh, he was in the red car with the white Dodge Ram logo on the hood? I remember that car. So that one's gone, or did another driver take it over?

I'd rather watch it now, because people like Matt Kenseth can't walk away with the championship after the Birckyard 400 in August.

Yeah, but the Chase for the Championship strikes me.... as the same thing as having all the MLB teams still playing in October, but it only "counts" for 8 of them.

You know what I mean?

I'm not suggesting that they reduce the field for each race down to 10 or 12 or 15 or whatever number they're changing the Chase to this year, but.... well, hell, maybe I am.

Less crashes (oh noe), but more drama, and whoever wins a race actually MOVES TOWARDS THE NEXTEL CUP ITSELF, whereas there's no guarantee of that with the full 40+ field still racing during the Chase. But yes, yes, all the teams want a chance at each race's prize money, I know.

At 2/21/08 10:29 AM, DUDE4U wrote:
lol glad you did that. my eyes were about to roll round in my skull

Glad he broke up the combo of Coop/gfox/Baha posts?

Well, that's all well and good, but it's not the three of us to blame for that, it's the blame of everyone else who used to post in here and has ABANDONED MY BOY... I mean... my topic. #;-}>

But yea it would be interesting to see what stats everybody has come up with now

It will be the... MOST... EPIC... UPDATE.... EVAR.

I hope I'm not overselling it, but I think that would be hard to do with all the natural anticipation. I mean, you and Duke are the only non-hive-mind people to post in here lately, and both of you mentioned the upcoming 10k+ update, so... clearly there are still some folks out there who care besides my core of listfan supporters. I SHALL ATTEMPT TO PLEASE YOU ALL, but please be patient with me.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-22 04:41:26

At 2/22/08 02:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/21/08 08:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: LOL@COOP Stealth posting :)
Yeah, you really stealthed me there.

*Cracks a smoke granade and dissapears into the shadows*

Or so they say.

Ah, but they can't prove it... what if the tree falling was caused by the sound of something, for example, somebody sneezes while walking along, walks in front of the tree that was falling over and gets crushed, being killed instantly. Then they aren't there to hear it, are they?

That shade of green is actually called British Racing? It's a nifty colour, but I think it would look a lot better if it was solid that, or with black or grey or something... the white on the side and back looks ugly as fugs with it, IMHO.

BRG is a darker shade, but it's close enough for this demonstration. To be fair, I can see where you're coming from with the dislike of the '60s two-tone' scheme

Oh, he was in the red car with the white Dodge Ram logo on the hood? I remember that car. So that one's gone, or did another driver take it over?

I think that Gillette Evernham Motorsports ended their deals with UAW / Dodge Dealers. Elliot Sadler (19) is driving a car sponsored by U2 3D / Best Buy for the California Race

Yeah, but the Chase for the Championship strikes me.... as the same thing as having all the MLB teams still playing in October, but it only "counts" for 8 of them.

You know what I mean?

I'm not suggesting that they reduce the field for each race down to 10 or 12 or 15 or whatever number they're changing the Chase to this year, but.... well, hell, maybe I am.

Less crashes (oh noe), but more drama, and whoever wins a race actually MOVES TOWARDS THE NEXTEL CUP ITSELF, whereas there's no guarantee of that with the full 40+ field still racing during the Chase. But yes, yes, all the teams want a chance at each race's prize money, I know.

I see where you're coming from, but with the whole NASCAR / mlb thing, you can have a decent baseball game with only 2 teams, when that would make for a rather shit auto race.

Plus you can factor in that Baseball games aren't played for a prize pot of several million dollars, which the teams all fight for the biggest slice of, by finishing well. Sure, there are prizes for the eventual finishing places (i.e. 1st and second) in the World Series etc, but it is a different sport.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-22 05:08:31

Oh yeah, forgot to mention (cause there was no replying with Bahamut, of course, and he and I were the ones that'd been carrying on our consecutive streak discussion #;-}>).... 21.... 22.... 23 straight days of posting as of today, 2/22, TEH CATS DAY!

At 2/22/08 04:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Cracks a smoke granade and dissapears into the shadows*

OH NOE, HE DID *NOT* JUST GO ALL METAL GEAR SOLID ON OUR ASSES!

Ah, but they can't prove it... what if the tree falling was caused by the sound of something, for example, somebody sneezes while walking along, walks in front of the tree that was falling over and gets crushed, being killed instantly. Then they aren't there to hear it, are they?

So the tree fell over thanks to vibrations in the air.... yet caused no vibrations in the air itself when crashing into the ground, eh? Fascinating.

BRG is a darker shade, but it's close enough for this demonstration. To be fair, I can see where you're coming from with the dislike of the '60s two-tone' scheme

It's not that I dislike two-tone schemes, I do NOT like white as a background, unless you commit to it as the ENTIRE background. To me, it just ruins the car to not have it be a solid colour, or if you HAVE to, use a black/____ (fill in the colour... blue, green, red, whatever) two-tone scheme.

I think that Gillette Evernham Motorsports ended their deals with UAW / Dodge Dealers. Elliot Sadler (19) is driving a car sponsored by U2 3D / Best Buy for the California Race

U2 3D and Best Buy? Holy shit. My fave band of all time, and one of my fave stores.... LOOKS LIKE I'VE GOT A NEW FAVE DRIVER! #;-}>

I see where you're coming from, but with the whole NASCAR / mlb thing, you can have a decent baseball game with only 2 teams, when that would make for a rather shit auto race.

They're such different sports, yes. But I just feel bad that more than half of the participants... way more than half... don't really have a dog in the race.

Plus you can factor in that Baseball games aren't played for a prize pot of several million dollars, which the teams all fight for the biggest slice of, by finishing well. Sure, there are prizes for the eventual finishing places (i.e. 1st and second) in the World Series etc, but it is a different sport.

That was the main part I was admitting to being the difference, yes. The lack of a pot for each game/race, yes.

But I don't think most baseball players are thinking about their share for finishing first or second, even though the money amount is different, yes. For one thing, they're already paid handsomely per year.

Most baseball players in the postseason want to win and nothing else.

Most of the NASCAR drivers in the postseason want to win but only for the money, not for the actual championship. That saddens me. ;_;

But I recognise that the old system was even worse, in a way, since it could have already been long-ago decided.

Still, I think with the old system if it comes down to the final race of the year between 2 or more drivers... THAT is the essence of drama in racing. But I suppose that only happens once every 5 years or so under that system, and thus they had to change it to stir shit up and increase the amount of drama each year. It may help the sport, but it just feels like such a disconnect.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-23 23:20:51

I know Bahamut's M.I.A. for a reason.. but... no posts from anyone else at all in over 36 hours? A day and a half of topic stagnation? THIS WILL NOT STAND.

There, I've fixed it.

Oh, and in personal update news:

I voted for Barack Obama today and then signed up on his site and donated $100.00, thus sending the first donation to a political candidate of my life. Both actions felt great (the former was best, though... nothing beats democracy in action... fundraising is more of the "dirty, gritty reality" side... still, Obama's donation page is even inspiring, it's truly awesome).

Peace!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-24 08:52:15

At 2/23/08 11:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote: There, I've fixed it.

Oh, and in personal update news:

I voted for Barack Obama today and then signed up on his site and donated $100.00, thus sending the first donation to a political candidate of my life. Both actions felt great (the former was best, though... nothing beats democracy in action... fundraising is more of the "dirty, gritty reality" side... still, Obama's donation page is even inspiring, it's truly awesome).

Oh yeah, elections. That reminds me. I have to go and cast some votes today. It's the election of the state parliament of Hamburg (it's a town AND a federal state in Germany ;) ).
It's the first time the new voting system takes place. Before we only had two votes. One for the party and one for a candidate who is voted directly into the state parliament if he gets enough votes (it's a very complicated system and if you don't understand it don't worry. No one over here understands it either :P ).

But this time we get to cast a whopping TWELVE votes!
It's one vote for a party and 5 votes for my electoral district.
I get to do that once for the election of the state parliament and once for the "Bezirksversammlung". Hamburg is divided into 7 districts and every district has it's own "parliament" (don't know if this is the right word for it, but I don't know how to translate that better, sorry ^^). In this "parliament" are decided things concering the districts. So it's not as important as the state parliament, but I get to vote for it anyways ^^.

Peace!

Yo!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-24 16:45:16

At 2/24/08 08:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Oh yeah, elections. That reminds me. I have to go and cast some votes today. It's the election of the state parliament of Hamburg (it's a town AND a federal state in Germany ;) ).

And most importantly, it is the benefactor to the world of the greatest invention of humanity: the Hamburger. Mmmm mmmm mmmm... it's been a day since I've had one. MORE MORE MORE! Nah, my gf wants sushi tonight. Oh well. ;_;

It's the first time the new voting system takes place. Before we only had two votes. One for the party and one for a candidate who is voted directly into the state parliament if he gets enough votes (it's a very complicated system and if you don't understand it don't worry. No one over here understands it either :P ).

Heh.

Could the candidate you vote for be of a different party than the party you voted for?

So that's 6... wait, are the 5 votes for different offices, or all for one candidate or... what?

I get to do that once for the election of the state parliament and once for the "Bezirksversammlung".

God, I love long German words I can't pronounce correctly. #;-}>

Hamburg is divided into 7 districts and every district has it's own "parliament" (don't know if this is the right word for it, but I don't know how to translate that better, sorry ^^). In this "parliament" are decided things concering the districts. So it's not as important as the state parliament, but I get to vote for it anyways ^^.

Hamburg the city or Hamburg the state?

If it's within the city, I'd call it a "city council" more than a parliament or congress. But I dunno which you mean. If you mean within the state... then the districts would kinda be like counties or parishes or townships here in America, and... I'm not sure what you'd call it then.

Peace!
Yo!

Yao!

(there's a commercial here in America with Yao Ming where every time he says his name is Yao, people say "Yo!" back to him because they think he's saying Yo, and then he has to say "YAO!" back to them to correct them... I doubt you've seen it, it wasn't even played on American TV that often, and that was back when he first came here to Houston in 2002 or whenever.... still, couldn't resist stealing the joke from that commercial #;-}>).

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-24 17:22:34

At 2/24/08 04:45 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/24/08 08:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Oh yeah, elections. That reminds me. I have to go and cast some votes today. It's the election of the state parliament of Hamburg (it's a town AND a federal state in Germany ;) ).
And most importantly, it is the benefactor to the world of the greatest invention of humanity: the Hamburger. Mmmm mmmm mmmm... it's been a day since I've had one. MORE MORE MORE! Nah, my gf wants sushi tonight. Oh well. ;_;

Cheeseburger > Hamburger ;)

Heh.

Could the candidate you vote for be of a different party than the party you voted for?

Yes. We used to have (or still have if it comes to elections for the Bundestag) two different lists.
On one list I could vote for the candidate of my electoral district. It's very complicated to explain (especially since I can't translate all the necessary vocabulary :/ but I'll try my best ;) ), but each party has a list with all their candidates. If the candidate of my district is on place 4 for example and the party he is in gets 4 seats in the Bundestag, the candidate is voted into the parliament. If the party only gets three votes, "my" candidate isn't going to be in the parliament. But if he gets more votes from the so called "Erststimme" ("first vote") than the person on place 3, the two swap places.

To make things even more complicated, there is a so called "excess mandate" (or "Überhangmandat" in german), but I'm not entirely sure how this excess mandate works, heh...

The second vote we get is for the paries. With the "Zweitstimme" is determined how many seats every party gets in the parliament, and by that how many votes those parties have (if a party has 20 seats in the parliament, they have 20 votes if it comes to deciding things ^^).
Which people of each party get to be in the parliament is determined via the first vote I tried to explain above.

So that's 6... wait, are the 5 votes for different offices, or all for one candidate or... what?

Well, I could have cast my 5 votes all for one candidate or I could have voted for 5 different candidates (each one would get one vote if I'd done this).

I get to do that once for the election of the state parliament and once for the "Bezirksversammlung".
God, I love long German words I can't pronounce correctly. #;-}>

Heh, don't know how to write down the pronounciation right now ^^.

Hamburg is divided into 7 districts and every district has it's own "parliament" (don't know if this is the right word for it, but I don't know how to translate that better, sorry ^^). In this "parliament" are decided things concering the districts. So it's not as important as the state parliament, but I get to vote for it anyways ^^.

Wow, that's a hard question. It's really hard to distinguish between Hamburg as a city and Hamburg as a state, as Hamburg is a so called city state ;) .

If it's within the city, I'd call it a "city council" more than a parliament or congress. But I dunno which you mean. If you mean within the state... then the districts would kinda be like counties or parishes or townships here in America, and... I'm not sure what you'd call it then.

I think "parliament" is the right translation, but well.. I'm not entirely sure about that ^^.

Peace!
Yo!
Yao!

(there's a commercial here in America with Yao Ming where every time he says his name is Yao, people say "Yo!" back to him because they think he's saying Yo, and then he has to say "YAO!" back to them to correct them... I doubt you've seen it, it wasn't even played on American TV that often, and that was back when he first came here to Houston in 2002 or whenever.... still, couldn't resist stealing the joke from that commercial #;-}>).

Sounds quite funny. I think I have to search for that on youtube ^^.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-25 04:18:33

At 2/24/08 05:22 PM, Haggard wrote:

I was using hamburger in the universalist sense. i.e. covering all variants of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, bacon cheeseburgers, and all doubles, triples, etc.

Double cheeseburger is my favourite hamburger variant. 99% of the time I'm having a hamburger, there's cheese on it. Worry not, my friend. #;-}>

Yes. We used to have (or still have if it comes to elections for the Bundestag) two different lists.

Cool.

On one list I could vote for the candidate of my electoral district. It's very complicated to explain (especially since I can't translate all the necessary vocabulary :/ but I'll try my best ;) ), but each party has a list with all their candidates. If the candidate of my district is on place 4 for example and the party he is in gets 4 seats in the Bundestag, the candidate is voted into the parliament. If the party only gets three votes, "my" candidate isn't going to be in the parliament. But if he gets more votes from the so called "Erststimme" ("first vote") than the person on place 3, the two swap places.

Okay. I'll pretend I understood that. :::nods:::

To make things even more complicated, there is a so called "excess mandate" (or "Überhangmandat" in german), but I'm not entirely sure how this excess mandate works, heh...

!_!

The second vote we get is for the paries. With the "Zweitstimme" is determined how many seats every party gets in the parliament, and by that how many votes those parties have (if a party has 20 seats in the parliament, they have 20 votes if it comes to deciding things ^^).
Which people of each party get to be in the parliament is determined via the first vote I tried to explain above.

Zwei meaning two.... so does Zweitstimme basically mean "vote #2" or "second vote"?

Well, I could have cast my 5 votes all for one candidate or I could have voted for 5 different candidates (each one would get one vote if I'd done this).

Ah, cool, cool. I was hoping that's what you meant. Much better than being restricted, and much more point to it.

Wow, that's a hard question. It's really hard to distinguish between Hamburg as a city and Hamburg as a state, as Hamburg is a so called city state ;) .

Yes, but you said it was both a city and a state, which made it sound like there were two distinct "Hamburg"s, and thus I thought the gov't/organisationalness was different for state vs. city. A city-state, like say Athens around 500 BC... is a whole other beast.

I think "parliament" is the right translation, but well.. I'm not entirely sure about that ^^.

Okay.

Yo!
Yao!

Let me know if you find it, I'll add it to my faves. #;-}>

Goodnight, all! Have a good week. I'll be around, of course. Gotta keep my .... 24... 25... no, 26 day streak going (at least all the way through Februrary!).

Laters.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-25 04:48:11

At 2/25/08 04:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/24/08 05:22 PM, Haggard wrote:
I was using hamburger in the universalist sense. i.e. covering all variants of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, bacon cheeseburgers, and all doubles, triples, etc.

For me a cheeseburger and a hamburger are two different things. Don't know why... maybe Mc Donald's is to blame for that ^^

Double cheeseburger is my favourite hamburger variant. 99% of the time I'm having a hamburger, there's cheese on it. Worry not, my friend. #;-}>

Same here :) .

As I've said: Not much people here know how the voting system works, either. And if it wouldn't have been for wikipedia, I would not have been able to at least try to explain it XD .

Zwei meaning two.... so does Zweitstimme basically mean "vote #2" or "second vote"?

I read through some forums now (dict.leo.org, it's a great dictonary as well! *shameless advertising*). Some people there suggest "personal mandate" for the first and "party mandate" for the second vote.
I think that's a much better translation, as it also shows that both votes are of the same importance wheras a translation like "first/second vote" might indicate that the first vote is more important.

Yes, but you said it was both a city and a state, which made it sound like there were two distinct "Hamburg"s, and thus I thought the gov't/organisationalness was different for state vs. city. A city-state, like say Athens around 500 BC... is a whole other beast.

The english wikpedia states that Hamburg is a city-state.
The definition of "city-state" says, that there are only three cities, which bear any resemblance to the classical definition of a city-state.
After reading through the article I think, Hamburg's status can be compared to the District of Columbia.

Ah, damn those stupid language barriers and the trouble finding appropriate translations! ;)

Yo!
Yao!

Let me know if you find it, I'll add it to my faves. #;-}>

Heh, that was a quick find -_-

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-25 08:14:41

At 2/22/08 05:08 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/22/08 04:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Cracks a smoke granade and dissapears into the shadows*
OH NOE, HE DID *NOT* JUST GO ALL METAL GEAR SOLID ON OUR ASSES!

I'm not a Metal Gear fan. I did my own special brand of Orky camel-flarge!

So the tree fell over thanks to vibrations in the air.... yet caused no vibrations in the air itself when crashing into the ground, eh? Fascinating.

Curse you and your physical logic! *shakes fist*

It's not that I dislike two-tone schemes, I do NOT like white as a background, unless you commit to it as the ENTIRE background. To me, it just ruins the car to not have it be a solid colour, or if you HAVE to, use a black/____ (fill in the colour... blue, green, red, whatever) two-tone scheme.

I couldn't agree more.

U2 3D and Best Buy? Holy shit. My fave band of all time, and one of my fave stores.... LOOKS LIKE I'VE GOT A NEW FAVE DRIVER! #;-}>

Buht yew cayan't underhstayahnd a worud he sayahs.

Still, I think with the old system if it comes down to the final race of the year between 2 or more drivers... THAT is the essence of drama in racing. But I suppose that only happens once every 5 years or so under that system, and thus they had to change it to stir shit up and increase the amount of drama each year. It may help the sport, but it just feels like such a disconnect.

You're not the first person to come up with a solution to the dilemma, nor will you be the last, sadly.

Wierdest crash ever - 24th February 2008

At 2/23/08 11:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I know Bahamut's M.I.A. for a reason.. but... no posts from anyone else at all in over 36 hours? A day and a half of topic stagnation? THIS WILL NOT STAND.

There, I've fixed it.

Sorry, I've been occupied with trying to sort out a few bits and pieces - an update of a list for one ;)

At 2/25/08 07:28 AM, Yamor wrote: I wonder if I will ever get on one of these cool list

With commitment, you will. This isn't something where you need to get voted on, you can do this just be getting your stats up. Simple.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-26 04:44:17

At 2/25/08 04:48 AM, Haggard wrote: For me a cheeseburger and a hamburger are two different things. Don't know why... maybe Mc Donald's is to blame for that ^^

Well, the cheese IS important, yes.

A plain hamburger is dry and boring unless the meat is just... SUPER juicy and greasy. Mmmm mmm.

Mmmm... so... hungry...

As I've said: Not much people here know how the voting system works, either. And if it wouldn't have been for wikipedia, I would not have been able to at least try to explain it XD .

Yeah, I knows, you said that before. That's probably why I didn't try too hard to understand. If it's that complex.... egad. I just read it over quick and went "hm... okay...."

I read through some forums now (dict.leo.org, it's a great dictonary as well! *shameless advertising*). Some people there suggest "personal mandate" for the first and "party mandate" for the second vote.
I think that's a much better translation, as it also shows that both votes are of the same importance wheras a translation like "first/second vote" might indicate that the first vote is more important.

For the most part, I believe that first and second, in English, just mean time-wise. This one happened first, this one happened second. They don't necessarily imply whether something's important or not.

Now, you add PLACE to the end (first-place, second-place, etc.), then of course they do.

But if you want to imply importance more than timing, instead of first/second, you say:

Primary
Secondary

A "secondary vote" would sound less important, yes. But a "second vote" just means it's cast after the first one, just means there's two votes.

The definition of "city-state" says, that there are only three cities, which bear any resemblance to the classical definition of a city-state.
After reading through the article I think, Hamburg's status can be compared to the District of Columbia.

Three cities, eh? Washington D.C., Hamburg, and... The Hague, I'm guessing?

Ah, damn those stupid language barriers and the trouble finding appropriate translations! ;)

Nah, it's fun. Usually, at least.

At 2/25/08 08:14 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm not a Metal Gear fan. I did my own special brand of Orky camel-flarge!

Orky? Is that some He-Man character or something? No wait, that's Orko, isn't it? WTF?

Hahahaha. Unshakable, unbreakable, unmistakable!

I couldn't agree more.

Glad to hear it. Us straight guys have SOME colour sense, damnit. Freakin'... overuse of white in glaringly bad situations. Grrrr.

I can't remember how he speaks, but that's like 60-70% of NASCAR's drivers, dude. I'm from Texas, and while we don't have Southern accents (we have drawls, you see), and while I personally have a fairly standard "Midwest/standard" American accent, not even a Texan one... I can understand most South-speak.

I'll bet Welsh and Irish folks can understand thick-accented Southerners from the US better than Englishmen can, too, considering the linguistics folks say they have more in common. And also with Shakespearian English, too.

You're not the first person to come up with a solution to the dilemma, nor will you be the last, sadly.

I came up with a solution? O_o

Wierdest crash ever - 24th February 2008

That is somewhat weird, but I dunno about weirdest. I went in person to an open wheel race here in Houston a few years ago (The Houston Grand Prix, either in the CART or IRL series, I can't remember which... they're merging as of this year now, so it doesn't make of a difference anymore)... and one of the openwheel racecars ran up right underneath the one in front of it, kicking it way up in the air just like those two NASCARs..... now, I guess it happens less often with the heavier NASCAR vehicles, but.... a car that gets sideways and has force still applied to it perpendicular... is gonna get pushed over/upside down/begin rolling,

Sorry, I've been occupied with trying to sort out a few bits and pieces - an update of a list for one ;)

You'll note I didn't call you out by name or anything. Sure, I was thinking "hey, where's teh Coop posts?" but I don't consider it your job to post in my topics or anything. That's why I made a general call to action to all who might hear my message of postinvitation. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-26 05:24:30

At 2/26/08 04:44 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/25/08 04:48 AM, Haggard wrote: For me a cheeseburger and a hamburger are two different things. Don't know why... maybe Mc Donald's is to blame for that ^^
Well, the cheese IS important, yes.

A plain hamburger is dry and boring unless the meat is just... SUPER juicy and greasy. Mmmm mmm.

Hmm, greasy meat....

Mmmm... so... hungry...

Too bad that the McDonald's with the best cheeseburgers in town is so far away :( .

For the most part, I believe that first and second, in English, just mean time-wise. This one happened first, this one happened second. They don't necessarily imply whether something's important or not.

Now, you add PLACE to the end (first-place, second-place, etc.), then of course they do.

But if you want to imply importance more than timing, instead of first/second, you say:

Primary
Secondary

A "secondary vote" would sound less important, yes. But a "second vote" just means it's cast after the first one, just means there's two votes.

I see. I actually had something like "first place, second place" in mind and thought that it may sound as if the "first vote" was more important than the "second vote". Good to know now that this isn't the case :) .

According to Wikipedia: Singapore, Monaco and the Vatican City. Those come close to the classical definition of a city-state like Athen 500 BC.
If Hamburg would come close to it, then Berlin and Bremen would do so, too ;) .

Nah, it's fun. Usually, at least.

Sometimes it's funny. But sometimes it can be really frustrating, too.

At 2/25/08 08:14 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm not a Metal Gear fan. I did my own special brand of Orky camel-flarge!
Orky? Is that some He-Man character or something? No wait, that's Orko, isn't it? WTF?

Orko, Grimsha/Battlecat and Man-at-arms. Oh, sweet memories...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-26 10:56:57

At 2/23/08 11:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
I voted for Barack Obama today and then signed up on his site and donated $100.00, thus sending the first donation to a political candidate of my life.

nice - aren't you in one of those weird places that allows you to vote twice, in both a primary and a caucus?

urgh, shame this list isn't updated anymore, and same about the top 2k exp list, don't know who I'm chasing for #88

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-26 15:52:40

Damn, I'm late doing my catch-up. I should have done it yesterday, but forgot to do so. :( So here it is.

At 2/20/08 11:03 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Seems decent enough. Song, to me, was more drum and keyboard driven, though, so I'm not sure it was the best highlight of his guitarwork or of that other dude (though the two-handed tapping was fun).

I actually showed you that song because it's a fan favourite. But there are many other awesome songs by them such as A Change of Seasons (23 minutes long), Octavarium (24 minutes long), In the Presence of Enemies (25 minutes in total), Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (42 minutes long), Stream of Conciousness and many more.

TWO... MINUTES... TO MIDNIGHT!

The hands that threaten doom.

I'll try not to.

Hey, over 9900 posts now. :)

The fact is undeniable.

Except to Coop. :P

Yeah, it's been like that for MONTHS now.

At 2/21/08 03:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nah, one of my posts in Cyberdevil's thread about quoted text length was just one letter.

My shortest post is 0 characters. XP

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-27 08:28:11

At 2/26/08 04:44 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

By Orky, I meant Ork-like. Reflects my upbringing as a general of green-skinned hordes that scream 'Waaargh!'

I shall have to research *finds new physicists to make new theories, which contradict said physical logic*

I can't remember how he speaks, but that's like 60-70% of NASCAR's drivers, dude. I'm from Texas, and while we don't have Southern accents (we have drawls, you see), and while I personally have a fairly standard "Midwest/standard" American accent, not even a Texan one... I can understand most South-speak.

West Virginia is where he hails from, I think.

That is somewhat weird, but I dunno about weirdest. I went in person to an open wheel race here in Houston a few years ago (The Houston Grand Prix, either in the CART or IRL series, I can't remember which... they're merging as of this year now, so it doesn't make of a difference anymore)... and one of the openwheel racecars ran up right underneath the one in front of it, kicking it way up in the air just like those two NASCARs..... now, I guess it happens less often with the heavier NASCAR vehicles, but.... a car that gets sideways and has force still applied to it perpendicular... is gonna get pushed over/upside down/begin rolling,

Can I get a link to that? It's not really something I want to search for at the moment.

Coop's being a little emo at the moment, apologies.

You'll note I didn't call you out by name or anything. Sure, I was thinking "hey, where's teh Coop posts?" but I don't consider it your job to post in my topics or anything. That's why I made a general call to action to all who might hear my message of postinvitation. #;-}>

Yeah, I'm back now that the issues at home are nearing closure. It's been a rather emotional / hectic 18 hours for me and the family to be honest.

At 2/26/08 05:24 AM, Haggard wrote:

Meh, I was always more of a Thundercats fan.

At 2/26/08 03:52 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/21/08 03:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nah, one of my posts in Cyberdevil's thread about quoted text length was just one letter.
My shortest post is 0 characters. XP

So if I take these two beans and add two more beans, how many beans do I have?
Some beans.

It's a vaguely number-related quote, at least.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-27 15:11:41

i would be nice to hit the 10000 mark

life is a trick of the mind fool

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-27 18:02:37

At 2/27/08 08:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: It's a vaguely number-related quote, at least.

Remember the days when we could easily make blank posts with a link? I really miss 'em.

I heard there were other ways, but they're not as good as the method I know.
At 2/27/08 03:11 PM, 121dmx wrote: i would be nice to hit the 10000 mark

I see you like gfox's sig. I like it too.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-28 04:02:51

At 2/27/08 06:02 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/27/08 08:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: It's a vaguely number-related quote, at least.
Remember the days when we could easily make blank posts with a link? I really miss 'em.

I heard there were other ways, but they're not as good as the method I know.

I actually don't remember that. I must have been a n00b when we could do that.

I might have to make some sort of bastardisation of the new ranks for that. A piss poor tribute, but possibly worth it...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-29 04:29:35

Hmm, greasy meat....

Mmmm... yes.... but then add super gooey melty cheeeeeese... and you have NIRVANA.

Mmmm... so... hungry...
Too bad that the McDonald's with the best cheeseburgers in town is so far away :( .

Huh? Different McDonald's in your town have different quality cheeseburgers? #;-}>

I see. I actually had something like "first place, second place" in mind and thought that it may sound as if the "first vote" was more important than the "second vote". Good to know now that this isn't the case :) .

Yep. You gotta have the "place" to make it really mean more/less important. Without that, it doesn't directly imply it.

According to Wikipedia: Singapore, Monaco and the Vatican City. Those come close to the classical definition of a city-state like Athen 500 BC.

Oh, I thought you were saying that Washington DC and Hamburg were two of the "only three cities" that resemble a city-state.

Singapore, Monaco, and the Vatican = city nations basically, yep. Aren't there more than just those, though? Anywho.

I was never much of a He-Man fan, I must admit. I was much more into Transformers, Thundercats, and even G.I.Joe compared to He-Man.

At 2/26/08 10:56 AM, jonthomson wrote:
At 2/23/08 11:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I voted for Barack Obama today and then signed up on his site and donated $100.00, thus sending the first donation to a political candidate of my life.
nice - aren't you in one of those weird places that allows you to vote twice, in both a primary and a caucus?

Yep. I can go back to the polls next Tuesday and "vote again" in the caucus, basically. It starts around 7PM, when the polls close on election day.

I am definitely going to try to be there for it, but at least I've already cast my primary vote, which is like 75% of the delegate-choosings.

My gf works from 2:45PM to 10:45PM Tue-Sat, though... which means that there's no way in hell she can come to caucus with me. So oh well. ;_;

urgh, shame this list isn't updated anymore, and same about the top 2k exp list, don't know who I'm chasing for #88

Dude. Look how close I am to 10k posts. This list WILL be updated again. Once more. By me. #;-}>

I lost like 5 posts in the past 24 hours, though. Wonder how that happened... did some big topic deletion wave happen?

At 2/26/08 03:52 PM, Bahamut wrote: I actually showed you that song because it's a fan favourite. But there are many other awesome songs by them such as A Change of Seasons (23 minutes long), Octavarium (24 minutes long), In the Presence of Enemies (25 minutes in total), Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (42 minutes long), Stream of Conciousness and many more.

Jebus. TOO LONG.

TWO... MINUTES... TO MIDNIGHT!
The hands that threaten doom.

TO KILL THE UNBORN IN THE WOOOOOMB!

Hey, over 9900 posts now. :)

Exactly!

The fact is undeniable.
Except to Coop. :P

What, "the resemblance?" #;-}>

Yeah, it's been like that for MONTHS now.

YEARS, I TELL YOU!

At 2/27/08 08:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: By Orky, I meant Ork-like. Reflects my upbringing as a general of green-skinned hordes that scream 'Waaargh!'

I see....

I shall have to research *finds new physicists to make new theories, which contradict said physical logic*

THOSE BASTARDS.

West Virginia is where he hails from, I think.

Oh dear. Nevermind. Those WV hillbillies are almost totally unintelligble. Point to Coop. #;-}>

Can I get a link to that? It's not really something I want to search for at the moment.

Coop's being a little emo at the moment, apologies.

I saw it in person, so I never looked up a clip of it. I suppose I could search for it, but I can't be arsed either, really. #;-}>

Just take my word for it... the doorstop/wedge shape of the one behind just slid in underneath the tail of the one in front, pushing it up into the air. It was right at the start of an S-curve we were sitting near.

Yeah, I'm back now that the issues at home are nearing closure. It's been a rather emotional / hectic 18 hours for me and the family to be honest.

I read your post about that in response to someone else with a sick family member or something. I'm sorry to hear the craziness has overtaken your family IRL. Care to discuss it, or is it too private/personal?

Meh, I was always more of a Thundercats fan.

EXACTLY.

At 2/27/08 06:02 PM, Bahamut wrote:

There is none better for teh EGSC statwhore!

At 2/28/08 04:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: I might have to make some sort of bastardisation of the new ranks for that. A piss poor tribute, but possibly worth it...

!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing that... but it's very unlikely I'd wear it in place of my classic b/p rankbadge sigpic, I'm afraid.

For one thing, the main thing I love about those icons are the laurel wreaths...

Now the high b/p ranks are dominated by NG tanks instead of wreaths. :::shrugs:::

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-29 05:18:59

At 2/29/08 04:29 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Hmm, greasy meat....
Mmmm... yes.... but then add super gooey melty cheeeeeese... and you have NIRVANA.

I think I have to eat some burgers now...

Mmmm... so... hungry...
Huh? Different McDonald's in your town have different quality cheeseburgers? #;-}>

Yes. Sometimes it's because so many people go there (central station, for example) and the cheeseburgers are churned out like there's no tomorrow. But of course the quality suffers by doing so.
And then there are some, where it just doesn't taste that good... I don't know why the quality differs from restaurant to restaurant so much, but it really does ^^.

Oh, I thought you were saying that Washington DC and Hamburg were two of the "only three cities" that resemble a city-state.

Singapore, Monaco, and the Vatican = city nations basically, yep. Aren't there more than just those, though? Anywho.

The article says there are only those three.

I was never much of a He-Man fan, I must admit. I was much more into Transformers, Thundercats, and even G.I.Joe compared to He-Man.

I always thought Transfomers are pretty boring. Thundercats were great, but I didn't saw them that often.
However, the best series definetly was Saber Rider!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-29 14:27:40

At 2/28/08 04:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: I actually don't remember that. I must have been a n00b when we could do that.

Maybe you didn't browse the General forum often enough to find out. :P

Back when the General forum was decent.
I might have to make some sort of bastardisation of the new ranks for that. A piss poor tribute, but possibly worth it...

You mean with the redesign badges?

At 2/29/08 04:29 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Jebus. TOO LONG.

But super epic!

MIDNIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Exactly!

Exactly 75 posts left. :O

What, "the resemblance?" #;-}>

Yes, that's right.

YEARS, I TELL YOU!

But years ago, iscrulz posted often. Now, we have Haggard posting as well. :)

There is none better for teh EGSC statwhore!

Old badges >>> New badges

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-02-29 23:40:46

OH YEAHS. I almost forgot.

Happy Leap Day, everyone!

Or as some people call it... "Leap Year Day," but I think that's a bit too much. And hell, I'm wordy as fuck, so if I think something's overlong, you KNOW it is, baby. #;-}>

HAVE THE FUN LEAPS WHILE THEY LAST, AMERICA.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-03-01 03:11:23

At 2/29/08 05:18 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 2/29/08 04:29 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Hmm, greasy meat....
I think I have to eat some burgers now...

Sounds like a plan, my good man with a plan!

Yes. Sometimes it's because so many people go there (central station, for example) and the cheeseburgers are churned out like there's no tomorrow. But of course the quality suffers by doing so.

I see. So you need to find a McDonald's restaurant that's not super-busy... but presumably not one that's deserted, either.

And then there are some, where it just doesn't taste that good... I don't know why the quality differs from restaurant to restaurant so much, but it really does ^^.

Hm.

Different management/franchise owners handling things better or worse, I guess.

There are, of course, issues like that with fast food chains here in America, too, but mostly in my experience it's that some locations get special orders right more often than others do. It's pretty rare to find substandard quality food, everything's so standardised. And nothing is more standardised than Mickey D's.

The article says there are only those three.

Wild.

Wait, what about Monte Carlo?

Oh, nevermind, I just googled it to get to the wiki page, and it's just a district of Monaco. I don't know why I thought they were two places, both city-states. OH WELL.

I think that was the main thing I was thinking of yesterday, so yep... looks like wiki was right about it just being the three. PERHAPS.

I always thought Transfomers are pretty boring. Thundercats were great, but I didn't saw them that often.
However, the best series definetly was Saber Rider!

Not sure if I've seen that. Can't recall it offhand, at least.

Transformers wasn't boring, damnit! #;-}> Thundercats was great, yes.

At 2/29/08 02:27 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/28/08 04:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: I actually don't remember that. I must have been a n00b when we could do that.

GASP. Not enough General forum browsing? What on earth will we do with Coop? HE'S MALNOURISHED!

NOT.

Back when the General forum was decent.

Ah. Good, glad you were "notting" too, basically. #;-}>

That's what he was getting at, yep.

At 2/29/08 04:29 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Jebus. TOO LONG.
But super epic!

There's super epic songs I like, man. The Gathering, Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, etc. etc. have some awesome long songs. But I'm thinking of 1, 2, and 1 respectively from each of them (How to Measure a Planet? from The Gathering (28:33 long)... Echoes (23:31) and Shine On You Crazy Diamond (26:02) from Pink Floyd.... and Dark Star from The Grateful Dead (26+ minutes, sometimes up to 47 minutes in some performances).

But every single song you're mentioning from Dream Theater is.... long! Not a single short song to break up the longness. The three artists I just mentioned loving long songs of... surround those long songs with nice 3-6 minute type songs so your brain doesn't explode. #;-}>

MIDNIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

ALL NIGHT!

Damnit, man. That's the end of the song. Why'd you have to go there. Here, I gotta restart this motha:

KILL FOR GAIN OR SHOOT TO MAIM... BUT WE DON'T NEED A REASON!

Exactly 75 posts left. :O

Exactly your mother!

Yes, that's right.

"That's right" is now Wendy's slogan/motto/catchphrase/whatev.... so... I can't hear it without thinking of the commercials and the very silly/insane voice that says "That's right!" in them. JSYK.

But years ago, iscrulz posted often. Now, we have Haggard posting as well. :)

NOW IF ONLY WE COULD GET BOTH TO POST SIMULTANEOUSLY-LIKE!

Old badges >>> New badges

That is exactly the correct formula, my good sir.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-03-01 05:12:20

At 2/29/08 02:27 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Probably not then. I spent most of my time in the Very English Post, when I was in General in the early days

Yeah, call it some sort of 'progress of Coop' and use the old badges up to EG General (penultimate rank, as was) and then add the new Commander and Supreme Commander ranks, for that was the way I ascended

At 2/29/08 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Happy Leap Day, everyone!

It was quite happy - I only lost £2 in the race night. It's all for the charity of the cricket club, so a good night was had.

At 3/1/08 03:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 2/29/08 02:27 PM, Bahamut wrote: Exactly 75 posts left. :O
Exactly your mother!

The epicness of having only 2 figures of postings left :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-03-01 06:07:34

At 3/1/08 05:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: Probably not then. I spent most of my time in the Very English Post, when I was in General in the early days

JOXA.

Yeah, call it some sort of 'progress of Coop' and use the old badges up to EG General (penultimate rank, as was) and then add the new Commander and Supreme Commander ranks, for that was the way I ascended

Hm. It's been so long since I changed my sigpic because I ranked up a new b/p rank... that I don't even really think of it as a "progress indicator" any longer, or even a "record of ascent," as you might put it.

It was quite happy - I only lost £2 in the race night. It's all for the charity of the cricket club, so a good night was had.

Huzzah!

At 2/29/08 02:27 PM, Bahamut wrote: Exactly 75 posts left. :O
Exactly your mother!

Indeed. But the epicness of only ONE figure of posting left... so close at hand. 9990, here I comes to begin the countdown at T-minus 10!

.... hey, speaking of countdowns...

COOP'S POSTS: 11,110

Holy shittola, man. YOU'RE POISED ONE POST AWAY FROM THE HOLY NUMBER. INITIATE INFINITE 1'S FTW!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-03-01 12:18:25

At 3/1/08 06:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/1/08 05:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: Probably not then. I spent most of my time in the Very English Post, when I was in General in the early days
JOXA.

I haven't seen him for an age - I really need to get my brotehr to ping him on the olde email.

Hm. It's been so long since I changed my sigpic because I ranked up a new b/p rank... that I don't even really think of it as a "progress indicator" any longer, or even a "record of ascent," as you might put it.

It's a shame - I get all of these half decent ideas for forum signatures and the like, but I can never

a) Be arsed to make an attempt at producing them, mostly because of

b) I can't seem to do shit like that.

Huzzah!

We certainly needed the fundraising from last night, as the roof of our score-box actually blew off during the event. Cue improvised targets for the fundraising :P

Indeed. But the epicness of only ONE figure of posting left... so close at hand. 9990, here I comes to begin the countdown at T-minus 10!

.... hey, speaking of countdowns...

COOP'S POSTS: 11,110

Holy shittola, man. YOU'RE POISED ONE POST AWAY FROM THE HOLY NUMBER. INITIATE INFINITE 1'S FTW!!!!!

I've already passed it, but who would have thought that I'd actually reach 11,111 Posts before you reached 10k Posts? I certainly didn't!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature