00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Simple question about movie clips

922 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Simple question about movie clips 2001-07-08 22:40:48

Ok I have a movie clip called "left hand" with it punching a face. and i have a button (the guys face). I made it so when you click on the face it plays the movie clip.
on (press) {
tellTarget ("left hand") {
play ();
}
}
But, I need to put in a stop somewhere because with no stops, the fist punches over and over again without me even clicking the face. please tell me where to put this stop. i have tried every keyframe.

Response to Simple question about movie clips 2001-07-08 23:40:17

At 7/8/01 10:40 PM, FluffDaddy18 wrote: Ok I have a movie clip called "left hand" with it punching a face. and i have a button (the guys face). I made it so when you click on the face it plays the movie clip.
on (press) {
play ();
}
}
But, I need to put in a stop somewhere because with no stops, the fist punches over and over again without me even clicking the face. please tell me where to put this stop. i have tried every keyframe.

you need a stop in the first frame of "left hand"

Response to Simple question about movie clips 2001-07-09 16:06:58

Do i put a blank frame with stop at the beginning, or can i just put it on the first keyframe? neither of them worked.. :/

Response to Simple question about movie clips 2001-07-09 17:03:27

At 7/8/01 10:40 PM, FluffDaddy18 wrote: Ok I have a movie clip called "left hand" with it punching a face. and i have a button (the guys face). I made it so when you click on the face it plays the movie clip.
on (press) {
play ();
}
}

what you need to do is in the movie clip put stop at the end of it thats all

Simple question about movie clips

Response to Simple question about movie clips 2001-07-09 22:55:32

Do i put a blank frame with stop at the beginning, or can i just put it on the first keyframe? neither of them worked.. :/

do you want the fist to be visible before you click? if you do, then just put it on the first keyframe, if not you need it on a blank keyframe

what you need to do is in the movie clip put stop at the end of it thats all

if you do this the fist will hit the face once, whether or not it is clicked, and then stop. but maybe that's what you want...

im willing to take a look at the fla if you want to send it to me, my email is: osm@rochester.rr.com