00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NanoSoft just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Vent Thread

1,661 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-08-24 10:55:29

Welcome to the NewGrounds Vent Thread

First off I like to thank all the people that have been doing the Upkeep on the Vent before I get into all the info about the Thread I would like to give out a brief history, FAQ, Mod list, Application, Reason to use this vent, and Rules to the vent. Before I get in detail about This vent

Ok the History of the NewGrounds Vent

Long time ago (about half a year) I had been talking to a lot of guys in the NG Hip-Hop Portal. I had a Ventrilo so I invited them in there to just goof off get to know some of the guys and Trade tips about making music, Well as time went on I invited more and more people in the vent, we all like to get on from time to time just to check up on each other like how things are going like a little click or like I call it "Brother hood" it was never dull when you have guys like War-Spawn, YunVeroz, KillBillvolume2, mseemercury, and others (I can keep listing but it might take some time) and I started thinking to myself. "Hey we all are on NewGrounds, right"? "Why not open a Vent for all NG users"! So I did, and here I am now telling you about NG's Unofficial Ventrilo.

Some F.A.Q's about vent

There a few things people will ask me in PM, when they app in. stuff like

Q. What is Vent?
A. Vent is short for Ventrilo, Vent is a User to User communication device that others (with microphones) can talk to each other with, through there computers.

Q, How do I get Vent?
A. Easy this like here will send you to the main Down loader for Ventrilo.

Q. Is Vent Free?
A. Oh indeed it is... for the users. But Me on the other hand I pay for the service.

Q. How do I put in the info for Vent?
A. well this one is harder. As you can see once you Downloaded vent there will be Three box's that can Scroll down the top Box will say "User Name" you will see a "->" you can click. "Click that Arrow" and it will let you make a user name by clicking "New". Once you make a user name you can Set a "Phonetic" for your name (so when you log in people can hear who you are). *Side note here, If you have Vent and you know how to log in, I like the users of My vent to use there NG user name, If you want make a new name (as your NG use) and do that, if you put it in as the main user you use you can Click "Clone"*

Once that is done you will see a Window under "User Name" called "Server" click the Arrow "->" and a window will pop up. This window will pop up and you can set your info in each sub window as listing

Hostname or IP
Port Number
Pass Word

Once that is done click "OK" at the bottom. Once that is done click "Connect" and your good to go!

Q. What is a PTT?
A. A PTT stands for "Push to Talk" I like this because it lets you talk to people when you want to say some thing, so the others don't hear you cough, sneeze or shout really loud in the microphone and make our ears bleed. To do this click "Setup" on the right hand side of your Vent menu. You click this little box that says "Use push to talk hotkey" and then you will see a box down the line that says "Hotkey" if you mouse click in the hotkey box you can then push another button to set a "PTT key" like mine is "~"

Q. Is vent fun?
A. Oh yeah its fun, I mean listen to the Track we recorded on the fly. All that was just recorded. If that don't sound like fun, I'm sorry pal but you're a Nazi

Q. Is every one Welcomed in vent?
A. Yep, if they fill out the App.

The Mod list are

wyldfyre1
war-spawn
ingenius
druids-warcry

Not so active mods (do "not" send an application to these users)

mseemercury
killbillvolume2
yunveroz

Application to this vent

Now do note, this app maybe a little silly but fuck if you cant fill out a simple app like this you don't need to be here

"Follow these directions"

Directions: Send any of the Moderators a PM with this title "NG App" then copy and paste these questions and do answer them.

Name:
What do you do for NG? (flash, Audio, Art, Mod, User?)
If Audio, what Style do you do?:
Are you ok with Mature content?"

*Do not copy this* "If you agree to these list of rules and Accept them just reply with a "Yes. Or a No" *Do not copy this*

"This is the Unofficial New Grounds vent! We are Private owned, This means the Views and Actions are not based on NG its self! But The Vent Moderators Do have the Right to Ban any one who misuses this Vent!"

Do you agree to this statement?

After you send Your App to a Mod lets see some Reasons, This vent is a good idea and why you would want to use it!

There a lot of guys in here that are cool, fun, and good at what they do, just like the main reason I started my vent the idea still stayed. I just want to bring the NG community together, Vocally. With others idea styles and View, I mean NG is Every thing By every one, so lets get every one in here to talk about every thing!

And last The Rules of this vent.

1) Must be a User of NewGrounds!!!!
2) Be Respectful of others and there "Genre"
3) Be Respectful to all User on this vent
4) Do not Give out the info to the vent to any one...
5) Use your NG account name when logged in Vent!!!!
6) Don't Be a Prick!!!!
7) Don't stream music in the NUG Main lobby's
8) Do Not Stream Music in the New Grounds Radio Channel!

And that's Just about it, I hope I didn't forget any thing. Well I hope you Enjoy this vent. And we hope to see you there.

The Newgrounds Vent Thread

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-08-24 11:28:58

This is great. We needed an official "Vent thread"

I think we'll get more people to join!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-08-24 11:58:35

first off, motherfuck snoop, motherfuck dre, motherfuck death row.

now here come mah left blow

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-08-30 16:02:29

Two things people should Check out to Promote this Vent

Momma Masturbation

Unofficial NG Ventrilo Song

rawr over 26 people in vent and still going!

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-08-30 16:04:34

I demand to be a mod!

^_^

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-09-01 20:34:48

yah, its beautiful.. vent is fun!

Wyldfyre1

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2008-09-03 12:33:58

Cock Joke... oh and stuff...

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-28 12:30:51

any ventrilo server for nG??

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:26:50

Way too bump up an old thread. The vent has been closed I think because of the spam, and the amount to pay for the server. lolololl

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:28:29

a vent is needed

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:31:31

At 5/29/10 10:28 AM, SessileNomad wrote: a vent is needed

Are you willing to pay for it? :P

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:34:20

At 5/29/10 10:31 AM, Sealander wrote:

you didnt read ops post did you?

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:37:31

At 5/29/10 10:34 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 5/29/10 10:31 AM, Sealander wrote:
you didnt read ops post did you?

"Q. Is Vent Free?
A. Oh indeed it is... for the users. But Me on the other hand I pay for the service."

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 10:40:04

"Q. Is Vent Free?
A. Oh indeed it is... for the users. But Me on the other hand I pay for the service."

k? so you get it then?

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 11:31:59

At 5/29/10 10:40 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
"Q. Is Vent Free?
k? so you get it then?

lol. I'm not paying for it :P

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 11:50:31

At 5/29/10 11:31 AM, Sealander wrote:
At 5/29/10 10:40 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
"Q. Is Vent Free?
k? so you get it then?
lol. I'm not paying for it :P

ho..wh..i just...you know what, nevermind...

Response to The Newgrounds Vent Thread 2010-05-29 13:08:36

At 5/29/10 10:26 AM, Sealander wrote: Way too bump up an old thread. The vent has been closed I think because of the spam, and the amount to pay for the server. lolololl

Vent was closed due to the lack of usage. That was several months ago

~Mike~