00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Me = Furious

2,705 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Me = Furious 2008-08-18 19:46:39

I love everyone who listens and appreciates my music; you're the reason I love to make it to begin with. The problem is when people make money off of my own shit. That's when it gets too fucking far.

I remember vaguely talking to some people asking if I would like music a little disc make with some of my music thrown on there. It was called "Topix 101" I didn't have a problem with it; I wanted to get out there and get known. Who doesn't? Well, one afternoon I was getting songs for the girl on iTunes, and typed my name in for shits. My fucking songs are on there!! Maybe I wouldn't care so much if I was the one getting the money! I found the Myspace page.

I'm taking legal action if I have too. This is horse shit.

</rant>

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 19:49:08

Sorry about that confusing first sentence. I'm just so angry. I meant to say:

I remember vaguely talking to some people asking if I would like my music thrown on a disc."

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 20:03:41

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 20:12:50

Maybe people in charge of NG can help you, is a violation of the license of the site itself ... so ...

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 20:17:19

that would make me angry as heck

any kingdom hearts info u need? just click on this!

and BTW, i hate....cheese...

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 20:19:39

well, did you tell the guy, ("don't post this shit on the internetz, or i'll get srs bszns on you asses!")

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 21:41:31

Report it, i'd seriously advise taking legal action. Since it looks like there was another artist involved, make sure you let them know about this too.

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 21:52:27

At 8/18/08 07:46 PM, dj-Nate wrote: </rant>

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO RANT!

I'm taking legal action if I have too. This is horse shit.

Do it man! Sue him/her and take all the money they made of your songs and then some. They violated a LEGAL contract. Your case would win hands down.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 22:12:40

I would say take legal action, shit they even took your name, On the myspace it says DJ-N and say Nate throughout the page. Take em to the books.

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 22:16:15

Well, Ya, take legal action.

That sucks man, I'm sorry about that happening.

However, I would consider it lucky that ur songs at least had your Name tied to them. It could be worse where your songs are being sold under a different artists name.

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 22:26:53

ya that would suck dude thankfully my music probly isnt good enough to be stolen haha im a dumbass with fl studio

I dont know what the fuck to write here

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-18 23:08:48

At 8/18/08 07:46 PM, dj-Nate wrote: typed my name in for shits. My fucking songs are on there!! Maybe I wouldn't care so much if I was the one getting the money! I found the Myspace page.

I absolutely agree with and support you on this.

If the music is posted on NG, then send all parties involved a poor-man's cease and desist.
Refer them to the Creative Commons deed which clearly spells out commercial limitations in section 4C and tell them to immediately stop exploiting your work for commercial gain.
Do not send only an email - if you can, get a mailing address and send them a notarized hard copy with proof of delivery. A notary will onlly ask a few dollars at most to stamp it (you may be able to get this done free at your local court house) and it only costs a few bucks more to have it signed for. Demand that they send you written verification of proof of compliance - ask for a response within 10 business days.

You may also be able to get legal help/advice from creativecommons.org. You can always contact them and ask - it couldn't hurt.

Anyone who is commercially exploiting your work is very clearly commiting copyright infringement.
Technically, they could remix or change your work without permission, but it would still be illegal since any adaptations must fall under an identical license to the one that your work was released under.

This is total bullshit - you really should take action.

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 00:28:26

Thanks for the support. And apologies for throwing this on everyone.. It just get's me so.. so... irate! I mean, seriously, why would you do that? Maybe I understand how those famous bands feel about file sharing..

I'm going to look through my PM inbox and try to find his user name. Maybe I can PM him back. Would like to get some information, and hopefully a phone number.

Thanks again guys. LJ, you can close the topic or whatever. I've got everything settled. Appreciate everyone who listened to me rant ;)

~Nate

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 00:42:15

I understand where you're coming from, but file sharing has NOTHING to do with this, because it's FREE, not somebody making money off of it. Like you said, free marketing = exposure...so nobody should be opposed to poor asses marketing your shit by downloading it and showing it to their friends... At least that's how I feel as an artist. Just thought I'd put in my .02

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 00:48:30

At 8/19/08 12:42 AM, jrhager84 wrote: I understand where you're coming from, but file sharing has NOTHING to do with this, because it's FREE, not somebody making money off of it. Like you said, free marketing = exposure...so nobody should be opposed to poor asses marketing your shit by downloading it and showing it to their friends... At least that's how I feel as an artist. Just thought I'd put in my .02

-Joel

Way to read, genius.
His shit is on iTunes, where it's being bought for $.99 a track by people who don't realize that it's on NG for the world to see.
Nail their nuts to the wall, bro. You've got all the legal right in the world. Make them cry like babies.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 01:02:23

At 8/18/08 07:49 PM, dj-Nate wrote: Sorry about that confusing first sentence. I'm just so angry. I meant to say:

I remember vaguely talking to some people asking if I would like my music thrown on a disc."

Oh shit!

You've basically been robbed. He'll be getting 70% of all income made from those purchases (30% to iTunes) you best email Tunecore and request for the album to be taken down

That's some serious shit.

http://www.tunecore.com/music/topix101

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 02:25:33

Oh no ohh no.

ive gotten a pm a few months back that i deleted, it asked if the person who sent the pm could use one of my songs on a mix cd that would be given out as a party favor... now im worried... thanks alot :C

also that bastard should BURN. do what LJsaid

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 02:41:40

Sorry to hear about it dude. But this might help you feel better: You have about a million civilains willing to defend your case if you DO take legal action, W00t Newgrounds! Also, refer to the date you created your account here on NG vs when he made his myspace/NG account.

It was a bad move by him to use YOUR username, as youve been around longer and will pwn him. We wish you all the best in kicking his ass, and if there's anything we can do to help...

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 03:21:26

Damn Nate, good luck with this one.

My advice is to keep ALL upload emails that you have got from newgrounds. This is at least something with a time and date on it which is valid and legal. Its really sad that other people just *walk away* with other peoples creativity, but heej, I have seen supersize me yesterday, now nothing suprizes me anymore...

Retro never get old!

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 05:47:10

At 8/19/08 12:28 AM, dj-Nate wrote: Thanks for the support. And apologies for throwing this on everyone.. It just get's me so.. so... irate! I mean, seriously, why would you do that? Maybe I understand how those famous bands feel about file sharing..

~Nate

At 8/19/08 12:48 AM, TwilightNecrosis wrote: Way to read, genius.
His shit is on iTunes, where it's being bought for $.99 a track by people who don't realize that it's on NG for the world to see.

Who's the "genius" that can't read??? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your own fail...

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 07:56:07

At 8/19/08 05:47 AM, jrhager84 wrote: offending stuff

well, i don't know if you got the picture here
someone took dj-Nate's music which he posted here for free and:
1-Pretends that is his original work
2-Selling it on iTunes
that's a copyright infringement

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 08:11:37

Nate, I highly suggest you take legal action against him.

That's blatant, severe copyright infringement. This person knows exactly what they're doing and the Newgrounds copyright clearly states that it is not there for commercial use.

We all got your back, go for it.

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 09:05:45

Nail their nuts to the wall, bro. You've got all the legal right in the world. Make them cry like babies.

HA! Look who can't read now! He was making a comment about DjNates previous post in which he said that he Knows what famous band feel like about file sharing. He wasn't saying that DjNate was having his songs file shared.

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 10:10:13

At 8/19/08 09:45 AM, Bjra wrote: Does this mean I cant sell anything I've uploaded to newgrounds?

no, that means that no one else can sell YOUR work or use it in commercial projects without an specific agreement on it

Does this mean any remix of something on newgrounds cant be sold either? even if you didnt sample the original song?

don't mix terms, remix means re mixing material that is already made, what you make without samples from the original work is a "cover version" and those are accepted

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 11:37:53

Wow guys, I didn't realize I had this much support. It does me heart good :D. As for getting his user name, I'm having no luck. But I just e-mailed Tunecore and requested it be taken down. I offered Tunecore proof of the songs' creation by the .flp, along with this website itself. Along with that, I'm going to have to find out who posted that album and send a letter. A very threatening letter.

I'm going to state that I want to be reimbursed for all the profits he's made so far. No more, no less. I don't wanna be a prick, but at the same time, he stole my music, and shit's gonna hit the fan.

You guys are teh bomb <3

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 13:47:23

Well, if it makes you feel any better nate, the top 5 songs of the album on itunes are all yours :D

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 14:42:11

and dj-Nate, please keep us informed of how's going on

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 15:00:21

At 8/19/08 09:05 AM, Rawmin wrote:
HA! Look who can't read now! He was making a comment about DjNates previous post in which he said that he Knows what famous band feel like about file sharing. He wasn't saying that DjNate was having his songs file shared.

Thank you. Someone who actually understood what I wrote.

The sad part is, even ANOTHER person didn't fully grasp what I was referring to. Hopefully the OP did. Copyright infringement sucks, if someone's banking off of your sweat, take their ass to court. I was only referring to my personal opinion on file-sharing. I just didn't want the OP to make an association with FREE file-sharing, and someone getting PAID for sharing it.

-Joel

BBS Signature

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 15:57:51

At 8/19/08 10:10 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 8/19/08 09:45 AM, Bjra wrote: Does this mean I cant sell anything I've uploaded to newgrounds?
no, that means that no one else can sell YOUR work or use it in commercial projects without an specific agreement on it

now to slightly veer in a different direction- do all the audio artists that get their music used in front page submissions get a small share/royalty fee? or games- because most popular games are sponsored by game websites, such as Armor Games, Free World Group, Kongregate, etc. I dont think all artists get a small sum of the money when it is indeed commercial :/

i'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before- link me in please.

Response to Me = Furious 2008-08-19 16:08:45

as a dj too i understand how that would make you furious!