00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New BBS Layout!

24,977 Views | 231 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:47:22

kiks ass

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:49:33

i think iot looks pretty damn gud, BUT i prefered th older one myself...but io prefer the simpler aproach to life....but i am sure, in time, it will grow on me!!

there is alsonopoint in complaining, as ur not gonna change it back, just cos abut 2% dontlike it as much as b4

good job to all!

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:53:24

I just came up with this idea in another thread and thought that I'd put it in here for those who haven't gone into the other thread to see it:

"I just got an idea, well a week or two ago I suggested the idea of NG skins, well now that we have had three BBS layouts, the olskoo one, the most recent one, and now this one, wouldn't it be cool if we could switch between the three whenever we wanted to? That way there wouldn't be any trouble with those would don't really like it as much. I don't know, I like it this way but I just thought that I would add to the idea that I had a few weeks ago."

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:55:39

At 11/4/03 12:21 PM, Fatboy_ wrote: Well this is very snazzy indded, I especially like the tank in the reply field. However, the one thing I dislike are the new icons, the old ones said "Newgrounds" to me. I even made one an icon on my desktop.

Totally true !
I think NG should re-add those good'ol'icons we all liked so much, and cheriched (spelling?). I mean, the ANGRY face was so good and everything, and as fatboy said ...
The new icons don't say "Newgrounds" to me .... :(

New BBS Layout!

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:55:59

At 11/4/03 12:40 PM, Goatlord wrote: Good reasons against it...

Thats all very well, but you're missing the point: It looks amazing!!!! I think that Stamper hit it spot on this time...

Besides, I thought the bbs forums used to have grey backgrounds anyway???

Come to think of it, how well do all of you people actually remeber the forums? Its been too long.. The new design is already hardwired into my brain

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:59:46

a few gripes:

- the new message icons are super lame
- the horizontal scrollbar appears when using 800x600 screen res.
- now all my black background sigs look out-of-place
- tanks replacing folders is kinda silly in my opinion
- what Capt. Bob said about the mod stuff (and NO people, it doesn't mean we can't ban/lock/whatever, it's just a lil harder to get to)

#####

Other than that, everything is kick-ass. My favorite part is the tank post message box, except the image scrolls upwards along with the text, which is retarded-looking.

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 12:59:43

Man the forms are so fucking awsome know, hehehe i get to write on the tank when im writing this message.

The new forms make it more......newgrounds. Man this site is the biggest thing in my life, im almost on this site everyday, its even my homepage. In other words, keep up the great fucking work.

Yea and a update to the LvL pictures would kick major ass man.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:02:19

At 11/4/03 12:59 PM, Stuporman wrote: a few gripes:

Another thing that I noticed is that we have to scroll all the way down in order to get to the second page of the topic.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:02:56

Yea the forms do kick ass now.

When i first loged onto newgrounds (first thing i do when i wake up) and went to the forms, i almost shit myself, i was oh my god, this is so fucking awsome. I even told my mommy there was a update to the forms, she was like ...."ok. Did you take your pill"

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:09:21

I just noticed that the tanks are clickable to, so they serve more than one purpose, they are a little bit weird, but I still like how some of them glow.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:25:27

hmmm i maybe the only one after reading you replys that seriously doesnt like the new layout, if i could i would like to make one suggestion... and that is to have the "page skip" moved back to the top of the page as it was before, it just seemed ezer to move through the forum... but this is just my opinion and no one has to even care wut im saying so there just thought i would say what i thought

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:26:45

At 11/4/03 01:02 PM, BurningSmell wrote:
At 11/4/03 12:59 PM, Stuporman wrote: a few gripes:
Another thing that I noticed is that we have to scroll all the way down in order to get to the second page of the topic.

Yeah there is no page links at the top of the page for multi-page topics. And it's really annoying because when you switch pages, you are at the bottom of that page as well and you have to scroll all the way to the top to read it.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:27:22

its about time i think... when is the rest of ng gonna e updated

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:35:35

the new layout for the bbs is pretty good, it matches the rest of the site. good job

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:36:57

Since I pretty much was in love with the old layout, I find the new one annoying just now. But I hope I'll get used to it. And pleae, PLEASE remove the NG tank logo in the type field when posting. My eyes don't like it.
---
The layout looks great, but the old BSS layout was so extremely functional. All other forums was too full of other stuff and neat bars with kewl pics for posting, etc. I don't like that, it just distracts in my opinnion. Too modern. The BBS was always classic.
But why am I really telling anyone, not like anyone cares..

Atleast not all of the typing field is cluttered.
Well, it's your forum, so I really shouldn't complain.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:40:41

At 11/4/03 01:36 PM, -PZY- wrote: But why am I really telling anyone, not like anyone cares..

your right, no one cares

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:40:59

Very nice new look for the BBS, but I have to say something about the reply box... ahem...

ARGH! IT HURTS MY EYES!

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 13:58:04

Everything is alot more organized. I'm always a fan of the little details. If I ren't so dead tired I could open my eyes all the way and enjoy it more. Thanks Stampa and Tom, and Liljim, and Wade and the princess and the snowman and the cupcake makers for this memorable thankschristmas.

Happy Thankschristmas EVERYONE, and to EVERYONE.... ummm good night? I don't know how it ends. But I'm happy so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:00:52

pro's
- kool fresh look
- matches the rest of the site
- input box (post and search) are awesome.

con's
-topic icons, altho kute, are too "flashy" ...animated shelling wud look better.
-all sig text is now too large (bold) taken down 1 size wud help with reading posts.
- same for sig pics (but not sure what to suggest?)

suggestion
- find a way to make each topics title font kolor orange (same as the titles on this post screen)
- where it sez "Press Post it Once only.." needs to change from red to another kolor (more compatible with light grey)

BTW, excellent work!!!

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:25:35

Yep , i like this layout more than others:P

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:32:04

Also, the excruciatingly small text on the topic list pages is going to make me fucking blind.

...this tank image in the message field scrolls upwards in IE but not in Mozilla...wtf

I think whoever suggested letting us have a BBS Skin preference in our GG Menu was on to something. Then we could also choose if we want to see the old Pico vote animation also.

ahh blah

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:41:41

At 11/4/03 02:32 PM, Stuporman wrote: Also, the excruciatingly small text on the topic list pages is going to make me fucking blind.

No, the masturbation will make you go blind.

Then we could also choose if we want to see the old Pico vote animation also.

I've been thinking about that animation today actually, this computer can probably handle it better than my old one.

BBS Signature

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:48:09

I don't really like the new layout, its not all that great, its more distracting... But it is cool that when your writing reply's you get to type on the tank.. otherwise, the old one is better.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 14:51:56

the layout looks kick ass. but what happen to the little search thing next to the "POST NEW" tread thing. where u could easily go to the general section or the clubs and crews or news instead of going back to the firt page of the bbs then clicking the one u whant to go too. i really miss that. ohh well.

You lost your way and now you find you gave up your life you surrender your mind you arent who you wanted to be your just a reflection of society

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:00:33

it's cool!
a bit strange in the begining,but i like it.

in some strange way...the pages lode fastzer by me now... 0.o

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:06:21

At 11/4/03 03:00 PM, -Majin- wrote: it's cool!

i would have to agree. after yoiu get used to it, its pretty cool. and its loads faster for me too:-)

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:06:48

At 11/4/03 03:00 PM, -Majin- wrote: it's cool!

Yeah, it does seem faster.
You'd notice the diffrence alot mor if you compared the two aswell.
I've got used to it, infact..i love it! :P

The worst member.

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:12:23

and typing with that background is fun to! to bad if you make a verry large post that it becomes white on the bottem....

but i still like it.

i forgot the last layout looked like!

it's just so fucking sweet! ^_^

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:23:00

Yes its very nice congrades to your new layout it look really great.........

Response to New BBS Layout! 2003-11-04 15:24:22

Haha, I love it :)

The tank post box is especially cool though.

Hey, think it would be a good idea to color names? Like if you're a mod or site affiliate or admin, your name color also changes where it appears with your post (to green, orange, or red) for easier identification

well, the names are already orange, but you get the idea

BBS Signature