00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

565,772 Views | 8,189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-04 15:46:03

At 11/4/11 09:29 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 11/4/11 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: I came out.
I'm glad it went well for you, also the curious type of replies is probably the best you could hope to get. It might seem odd to be asked about it but if he is just curious about it but not giving any hate in his tone etc. then he is fully accepting of you, and is just interested as someone would be to something they don't have any experience with. He shouldn't ever get bad to you if he s like this from the moment he is told.

He was actually worried about offending me with gay jokes (which I take really well, actually) but I told him that I was fine with the gay jokes that we make as friends. They're not like, insulting gay jokes, they're just messing around with friends.

Don't make the mistake I made and come out to a group of people at once though, try keep it to single people for the first few before a group, as when people are in a group they tend to act like a group and go towards the same thing with each other rather than doing it for themselves, so if the group leading person wasn't to like it the others might go along with it thinking its correct.

I only have three more people in my little group of friends that I need to tell, so I might tell one more before just telling the rest. I feel like they'll all be open, though.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-06 14:47:36

At 11/4/11 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: I came out.

Congrats, man! I hope to see more good things in your future.

I did read this sooner, but didn't have time to reply, and therefore forgot because of the new page.

I think I might come out to my other friends soon enough.

Like others have said, try one friend at a time. And let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 03:07:54

For some reason tonight's Glee episode was really serious.

Not only that, but all three gay guys were in it; including the former bully, and the main theme of the episode was sex.

I guess the show has finally matured.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 03:25:17

I don't want to sound like i'm invading privacy or anything, but i just read the past few pages of this thread and lemme tell ya, I wish some of the other community members were as nice as you all...

I'm an Ally at my college's Lambda Alliance (LGBTQIAP - Straight Alliance) and i have thoroughly enjoyed making some great friends in there. I even learned that one of my best friends was gay because of that club. Very fulfilling to be surrounded by great people. Ahem... Back on topic... I just wanna let you guys know that i friggin love you all. Any of the regulars i see in this thread are some of my favorite users on NG. Stay awesome.

So there you go. Just thought i would share that little tidbit with you all. :3

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 04:12:12

At 11/9/11 03:07 AM, Painbringer wrote: Glee

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 06:57:45

At 11/9/11 03:07 AM, Painbringer wrote: I guess the show has finally matured.

No, the show got even gayer than it needed to be.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 13:34:39

At 11/9/11 06:57 AM, Scarface wrote: No, the show got even gayer than it needed to be.

If by "gay" you mean like an episode of Queer as Folk, then yeah, that episode did have that kind of vibe.

But somehow I doubt you've seen last night's episode, and are therefore just judging the previous "goofy" episodes.

Anyway...

Finalfina: Welcome to the club.

HungSup: Quit spamming those creepy pictures - It doesn't really add anything to the conversation, and it makes me feel alienated/unwelcome.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 15:44:26

At 11/9/11 01:34 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/9/11 06:57 AM, Scarface wrote: No, the show got even gayer than it needed to be.
If by "gay" you mean like an episode of Queer as Folk, then yeah, that episode did have that kind of vibe.

But somehow I doubt you've seen last night's episode, and are therefore just judging the previous "goofy" episodes.

Actually, I did see last night's episode, which was what I was referring to. Every gay character on the show is a stereotypical gay.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 16:39:00

At 11/9/11 03:44 PM, Scarface wrote: Actually, I did see last night's episode, which was what I was referring to.

Okay, fair enough.

Every gay character on the show is a stereotypical gay.

Not every character - The two main ones and the drag queens for sure. But I'd hardly call the former bully stereotypical. Most gays are, or have been, in the closet, and his character is the one I (and many others) can relate to the most.

But I see what you mean.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 17:52:32

Oh hi, I'm gonna pop in here every so often, since I'm bi. Anyway, I'm not a noob o.o just made a new account today.
On topic, I've heard so much crap about glee that I'm not planning on bothering to watch it. Since it sounds like one of those shows full of stereotype..ish people. .-.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 19:06:25

At 11/9/11 05:52 PM, JohnTheWolf wrote: I'm not a noob o.o just made a new account today.

May I ask what your previous account was?

On topic, I've heard so much crap about glee that I'm not planning on bothering to watch it. Since it sounds like one of those shows full of stereotype..ish people. .-.

It's one of those shows you either love or hate.

And it's true about the stereotypes - The only exception being Coach "Beast" the extremely butch straight woman.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-09 21:56:35

At 11/9/11 07:06 PM, Painbringer wrote: May I ask what your previous account was?

I used to be "talls" lol The names pretty stupid, wich was one of the reasons I got a new account.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 01:38:06

At 11/9/11 09:56 PM, JohnTheWolf wrote: I used to be "talls" lol The names pretty stupid, wich was one of the reasons I got a new account.

I just checked out your old account.

It is four years old, with a few Flashes, so it might be worthy of a name change.

You could just PM Wade to ask your old account be renamed as your new one.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 15:56:27

Apparently it's news in the general that I'm bisexual.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 16:23:20

At 11/10/11 03:56 PM, Scarface wrote: Apparently it's news in the general that I'm bisexual.

Sorry Mr.Scarface

But news spreads as news does.

and everyone kinda already kneeew...

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 16:33:50

At 11/10/11 04:23 PM, killerrob wrote:
At 11/10/11 03:56 PM, Scarface wrote: Apparently it's news in the general that I'm bisexual.
Sorry Mr.Scarface

No worries.

But news spreads as news does.

and everyone kinda already kneeew...

Yeah, I didn't really try to hide it.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 16:37:13

At 11/10/11 04:33 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 11/10/11 04:23 PM, killerrob wrote:
At 11/10/11 03:56 PM, Scarface wrote:

Yeah, I didn't really try to hide it.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-10 19:28:12

At 11/10/11 04:37 PM, killerrob wrote: .

That picture reminds me of a guy who I became infatuated with only a three years after meeting my boyfriend.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-11 16:28:41

It is four years old, with a few Flashes, so it might be worthy of a name change.

You could just PM Wade to ask your old account be renamed as your new one.

I asked about a year ago, with out any response or acknowledgement of the PM.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-11 16:59:53

At 11/11/11 04:28 PM, JohnTheWolf wrote: I asked about a year ago, with out any response or acknowledgement of the PM.

Did you post the PM when wade was actually online?

Did you use the subject "Name Change Request" instead of "Hey Wade!"?

I'm not trying to be mean. But maybe he was too busy, or felt your account was too new.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-11 21:44:10

At 11/11/11 04:59 PM, Painbringer wrote: Did you post the PM when wade was actually online?

Did you use the subject "Name Change Request" instead of "Hey Wade!"?

I'm not trying to be mean. But maybe he was too busy, or felt your account was too new.

Yeah, it was "Could you change my name for me please?" I asked two or three times, so I just gave up and made a new one, anyway, I'm close to finishing a project with flash I'm gonna submit later today. (Hopefully)

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-12 17:34:07

it's been a long time since i've posted here.

In other news, I fucking love being gay.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-12 22:40:08

At 11/12/11 05:34 PM, Sun-and-Moon wrote: In other news, I fucking love being gay.

I'm glad you're fucking happy.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-14 02:49:36

At 11/9/11 01:34 PM, Painbringer wrote: HungSup: Quit spamming those creepy pictures - It doesn't really add anything to the conversation, and it makes me feel alienated/unwelcome.

Sorry. But I don't come here to talk about glee, unless it is to do with the fucked up ways gay people like to pigeonhole themselves and others around them with ridiculous stereotypes that really don't help with the way homosexuality is viewed by the rest of the population.

Make a Glee fanclub if it is so important to you.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-14 06:51:11

At 11/14/11 02:49 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I don't come here to talk about glee, unless it is to do with the fucked up ways gay people like to pigeonhole themselves and others around them with ridiculous stereotypes that really don't help with the way homosexuality is viewed by the rest of the population.

THANK YOU. I'm sorry Painbringer, but the show is so stereotypical. Have you seen the way they dress on that show? That's not even being gay, that's just going out of your way to look like a faggot (Yes, that's what they are. They're as stereotypical as you can get). I feel like shows like that encourage too many negative stereotypes, but stupid people in High School don't know the difference, so we shouldn't confuse them!

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-14 18:46:41

I only thought that particular Glee episode was relevant enough to discuss on here.

But I guess everyone's dislikes for the show have overruled me, and I must from now on Shut-The-Fuck-Up about it.

Also, aren't gay stereotypes, no matter how much you hate them, a relevant topic of discussion?

And no, I'm not interested in starting a Glee club.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-14 19:54:17

Sorry to 'gang up' on you, but I truly do despise that show.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-14 21:17:12

At 11/14/11 06:46 PM, Painbringer wrote: Also, aren't gay stereotypes, no matter how much you hate them, a relevant topic of discussion?

Absolutely, which is what I was trying to say. If you had brought that up when you mentioned glee I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but you just talked about glee like every gay person ever is and should be a fan of it.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-15 08:22:30

Glee sucksss.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2011-11-16 01:23:58

At 11/15/11 08:22 AM, camobch0 wrote: Glee sucksss.

While we're still on the subject...

One of the lesbians just got outed, and singled out as part of a political smear ad.

I got almost no sleep last night, so I have a hard time thinking what to write - That and my BF is watching TV, so I'm a bit distracted.

That is all.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature