00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scripted scoredropping!?

5,631 Views | 94 Replies

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 14:29:49

I haven't really been hit and I'm not... "Unknown". Last time I was hit it was because someone accused me of stealing a Pokemon midi.. 0.o

Still I did notice how all the scores averages were back down to 4.4's. Maybe because the scores were averaging out at like 4.6 and stuff, an automated correction bot zero system thing zeroed them all back down to 4.4's. Idk, I'm kind of baked XP

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 19:45:10

At 7/8/08 07:37 PM, PaulStetich wrote: OK, you guys do know that I know this about this guy?

Did he ever mention using any sort of bots or scripts to 0 bomb people?

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 19:45:21

i love how this thread has turned into another place to bitch

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 19:51:55

At 7/7/08 10:44 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
So, what do you say? Noticed something similar since last week?

I don't know. I mean it could be just because you as well as other popular artist have many listens a day. It could be that some random ass kid stumbles across your song and zero bombs it. This is just my theory.

It really comes down to who knows the AP system well, and ask them.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 20:04:40

At 7/8/08 08:01 PM, PaulStetich wrote: Oh, sorry King HouseMasta. Didnt mean to piss off the majesty. Didnt mean to piss off the guru of greatness, the showstopper, the expert in everything known to man.

was i talking to you?

Seriously, if you dont like that I know who is doing it, that now its possible to stop it, then go ahead and be a zero-bomber yurself.

i could care less if you knew who it was, i wish youd just stop bringing it up in every fucking thread that has anything to do with 0es. i know youre having hard times, but the AF im sure has grown tired of you complaining. hence why liljim doesnt care anymore

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 20:24:33

also i'm seeing no way he's gonna blame it on you Paul, so please leave that out. Nobody is going to believe you sat on your ass and 0'ed what seems like thousands of songs a day, every day, for nearly a week.

Make no mistake there is something going on here, and the efficiency and effectiveness of the recent raids all point towards a script of some kind.

It's also odd how people say they lost exactly 1 digit for each song. Isn't it odd that even for songs where a 0 would reduce it by 0.03 or 0.04, they lose only 0.01? It looks like the script gauges how many votes you have, calculates what kind of vote is necessary to bring it down by 0.01, and commits it.

An admin staff member should open up the logs to many of the songs being affected and find the one name that is bound to be on all of them.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 21:01:02

Something that is really strange is how i could get 7 5's and 1 zero bomb would bring me down 2 whole digits...I can understand voting power, but that would be a very high voting power to kill 7 five bombs with just one vote...

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 22:05:19

It's happening everywhere I think, just more apparent in some genres. Yesterday, in DnB, the scores on the top 50 were from 4.49 to like 4.5... and today, they're all down to like 4.7s and I'm seeing a lot of the older stuff with lower scores back on the list. And I don't think it's only happening to "famous" artists, I think it's everybody. I'm not "famous" at all, but my scores have been dropping slowly lately too. And recently, when I submit songs, they're either instantly bombed or they come down within like 10 minutes. For example, 2 recent songs I submitted. One of em was doing good, it had a 4.76 or something after like 14 votes, then I check back later in like 5 minutes and it has 15 votes and a 4.1. I was like, "damnit, man." Then another song I submitted, I fived it myself to see what would happen, so after my five it had a score of 5.00 and one vote, then like 5 minutes later it has a 2-point-something and like 7 votes! WTF? It's not even a bad song, in my opinion. Not my best, but certainly not worthy of a 2, I don't think.

So, yeah, I agree with you, it could be a script, OR, on the unlikely side, it's a huge (and i mean HUGE) legion of zero bombers downvoting everything. Seriously, what fun does one get out of that? I guess they're just those idiots who love to feed off other people's anger. They love pissing people off.

So, as a way of stopping it, we COULD tell admins, but we'd need good, solid proof, and we'd need to know who's doing it, and other stuff we don't know. BUT, as I said before, these people just like to see us get pissed. So if we stop making threads like this and pretend we don't care, maybe they'll stop because they'll see it means nothing to us.

Just my input.

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-08 22:53:13

Wow, either a huge conspiracy or a powerful boogie man - this is awesome, the Newgrounds Audio Forum is developing it's own urban legends! I'm not saying it might not be true, though . . .

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 01:34:41

I've seen this occur as well, and in fact one of my friends tipped me off on the method. With the right kind of script, you can bypass the "1 vote a day" block and vote as many times as you want, reentering the script override each time.

It's the reason downvoters don't need a ton of friends to kill a submission.

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 02:05:33

At 7/9/08 01:34 AM, sonicmega wrote: I've seen this occur as well, and in fact one of my friends tipped me off on the method. With the right kind of script, you can bypass the "1 vote a day" block and vote as many times as you want, reentering the script override each time.

It's the reason downvoters don't need a ton of friends to kill a submission.

No, your friend didn't really show a script that allows you to vote multiple times a day. Besides, the problem here is a script that automatically sifts through and votes on multiple submissions every 24 hours, not more than once a day.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 02:07:31

At 7/9/08 02:05 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
No, your friend didn't really show a script that allows you to vote multiple times a day. Besides, the problem here is a script that automatically sifts through and votes on multiple submissions every 24 hours, not more than once a day.

Ohhh, I see. Different script than I had thought. Still, it's just as malicious, if not more so.

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 11:16:15

At 7/8/08 12:48 PM, Zooloo75 wrote: OMG IT'S ALL A BIG CONSPIRACY!! NOOOOESSSS!!!

Seeing the top 30 of this week, you really can think that. There are songs which I hardly saw there. All even more to feed my theory...

Anyways, Liljim is investigating the hole case, just so that you know!

I'll keep you posted about the outcome! Hopefully we can go back to a "normal" state then.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 11:24:30

At 7/9/08 11:16 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote: I'll keep you posted about the outcome! Hopefully we can go back to a "normal" state then.

thanks DS55 for helping us out - i actually noticed my scores drop in those genres as well.

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 11:27:32

At 7/9/08 11:24 AM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 7/9/08 11:16 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote: I'll keep you posted about the outcome! Hopefully we can go back to a "normal" state then.
thanks DS55 for helping us out - i actually noticed my scores drop in those genres as well.

Well, like said before...it's really NOT a usual zero voting spree, so there has to be somebody or something that does it to at least 70 % of the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 12:52:36

Actually, I have been seeing the score on a few of my songs drop steadily for a little while. I just kind of assumed that somebody had it out for me and was taking the time to vote zero every day.

Pretty much since I submitted it and advertised on the front page, my song 'do not operate' has been going down everyday. As well, I noticed that an older song of mine seems to be doing the same thing now.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 14:42:49

At 7/7/08 06:14 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote:

:That's not a usual zero voting spree here. I really think somebody or a bunch of assholes made a script which auto votes 0 every 24 hours...

This caught my attention and I wanted to reply on it and share my findings.

I think you're right. I've noticed a 0 being voted on most of my songs (VG) around the exact same time, every day for the last few months. I know this because that song has been left alone for quite a while now but once every day exactly 1 vote added to it and the score steadily kept dropping. And sine the vote average is pretty high it has to be a 0 I think.

I don't want you guys to think I care all about score or anything that I decided to post...
I just browse these forums usually but this reminded me of something that caught my eye for a while now and wanted to add upon your suggestion.

I also dont think someone would actually go through that for so long.

Greets,
- NT.

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 16:02:32

At 7/9/08 03:33 PM, Bjra wrote:
There are tons of macro programs. All it takes is a little time. Since we can't track votes, we cant find and ban these accounts that are zero bombing everything.

How do YOU know? ;D

Just let liljim work his magic. You'll read about the outcome.

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 23:01:23

Everyone, quit your complaining.

Is there anything against the rules by doing this? Would you be making threads asking to remove scripted 5 votings? How do you not know that the person that runs these scripts, has not heard some of your songs and feels that they deserve a 0? Both the 0, and the option to vote once every 24 hour was implemented into the new system, and is there for a reason for that. Setting a robot to vote and a person to vote is no different (as long as the person is not just 0ing random songs) , it just takes up less time when you automate it.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 23:24:56

wow, you're like the idiots on Counter Strike using Aimbots.

"It just does the work for you, it's fully legit!"

Any kind of automated system working in the portal is illegal. Do you set up a robot in front of a voting booth and just have it shove papers with what you want all day? Didn't think so.

It has already been established that there seems to be no REAL solid proof that this script is targetting well known artists. Many people have been hit, and many more who aren't aware of the forum is probably victimized too. This kind of thing is a severe burden on many of the starters and it can start leading the portal to it's demise.

I doubt anybody is going to want to join a site where their work is constantly belittled.

In any case, you CAN find out who the person is. Clearly whoever is using the script has a high voting power, which means they have an account. Which means liljim should be able to find a name that is constantly voting at specific times on what seems like, thousands of songs a day.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 23:32:05

At 7/9/08 11:24 PM, MaestroRage wrote: wow, you're like the idiots on Counter Strike using Aimbots.

"It just does the work for you, it's fully legit!"

Any kind of automated system working in the portal is illegal. Do you set up a robot in front of a voting booth and just have it shove papers with what you want all day? Didn't think so.

Well now that's not a very good comparison. If an automated voting system is against the rules is not allowed then so be it, but what I'm saying here voting multiple times (once every day) that you dislike IS allowed.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-09 23:35:22

At 7/9/08 11:32 PM, destiny wrote: Well now that's not a very good comparison. If an automated voting system is against the rules is not allowed then so be it, but what I'm saying here voting multiple times (once every day) that you dislike IS allowed.

If YOU YOURSELF, sit down every day and vote 0 on those songs. Fine, but you're not allowed to have a machine do it for you. liljim will hopefully be able to answer if it is indeed a script as we suspect, or a very lonely sad young person.

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 05:00:37

we are not doomed, we just have to change the top 5
like you'll have the front page and top five from artists with score close to 0 :)))

anyway ... that happened to me several weeks ago, i voted several times to check on my "Thracian Jazz", 0 and 5 ... the change is VERY small (0.0019) and the changes were from 4.45 to 4.38 in ONE DAY ... i tought "fuck ... might be quite a high level guy"
also my "Underwater Athmosphere" dropped from 4.52 to 4.27 in ONE DAY ... if i vote, the changes are about 0.0034 ...

i'v noticed that also in Jazz section, some of my favourite artists (No1r, Marty256 ...) have dropping scores constantly, no matter how much i 5 vote them >:((

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 05:05:08

fuck
just while i wrote that, "Without a ticket" by Marty256 dropped from 4.42 to 4.40, "Urban Color" by No1r from4.41 to 4.40 and my "Thracian Jazz" from 4.41 to 4.39 ... that was fast

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 06:22:35

At 7/10/08 05:00 AM, sorohanro wrote: i'v noticed that also in Jazz section, some of my favourite artists (No1r, Marty256 ...) have dropping scores constantly, no matter how much i 5 vote them >:((

Hey sorohan,
Now i know who is voting for me all this time eheh ! ;)

Anyway, as i said, i noticed it too.

Does it have any sense? Just dropping every song will not bring "your" (the zero voter's one) on top..

Check out my latest audio

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 06:28:44

At 7/10/08 06:22 AM, No1r wrote:
Does it have any sense? Just dropping every song will not bring "your" (the zero voter's one) on top..

Yeah, but we suspect that the guy to blame has excluded his songs from the zero-spree. That way his songs can surface as 'better' then the others

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 06:38:51

At 7/10/08 06:32 AM, PaulStetich wrote:
At 7/10/08 06:28 AM, Hades0013 wrote:
At 7/10/08 06:22 AM, No1r wrote:
Yeah, but we suspect that the guy to blame has excluded his songs from the zero-spree. That way his songs can surface as 'better' then the others
If he has ANY songs lol

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I'd feel even worse about the issue if it turned up that the guy who's been molesting the portal had NO submissions at all. Damn, if he has songs (and I hope he does) than it at least has a purpose, even if it is wrong and he should be maimed and bludgeoned. If he doesn't, then he's just a very deeply frustrated pubescent, and that doesn't exactly make me the happiest person in the world. Even though it would make me laugh for a moment. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 07:12:13

@ No1r - you'r always welkome ;)
now, on topic:
i don't belive this guy have submisions, i don't see stuff going up on the Audio Portal, just going down, more or less, depending on the number of votes already acumulated ... so, as a suggestion 'till the problem is solved, start voting on what you consider "good stuff" and ... that's it ... wayting now

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 09:25:48

At 7/10/08 09:18 AM, Chronamut wrote: its weird- it seemed like a huge issue last week - but now.. not so much..

I don't know, it doesn't seem to me as though the drop in ratings has stopped. I believe you can still notice the daily -0.01 in the ratings.

BBS Signature

Response to Scripted scoredropping!? 2008-07-10 10:16:20

PS, i dont think CB is the one doing this. He never mentioned anything about mass 0ing.

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature