00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Chaotic Monkey Shorts

1,857 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 02:04:34

Hello,

I'm DrunkApe and am currently working on a flash animated series. Here is the pilot we did. Vietnam, 1967. Anymore questions read the extras.

The file size is way too big, like 150mb minimum and my compression software is garbage so please tolerate the link.

It is for mature audiences, language, adult themes, some violence, if you saw Platoon and weren't bothered by it, then its okay.

Some third party critique would be nice.

http://www.elkrudo.com/

Peace,

If i am not supposed to put a link here please tell me and I will delete it.

El Krudo; Episode 2

Chaotic Monkey Shorts

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 02:32:05

At 6/24/08 02:04 AM, DrunkApe wrote: Hello,

I'm DrunkApe and am currently working on a flash animated series. Here is the pilot we did. Vietnam, 1967. Anymore questions read the extras.

The file size is way too big, like 150mb minimum and my compression software is garbage so please tolerate the link.

It is for mature audiences, language, adult themes, some violence, if you saw Platoon and weren't bothered by it, then its okay.

Peace,

El Krudo; Episode 2

Really skillful work on the image. Great angle, foreshortening and dramatic colouring. Very professional. I'll check out the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 03:09:40

Awesome. Very professional work... I wish I could draw as good as that!

BBS Signature

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 03:27:29

his work was done by John Wu. www.therealjohnwu.com

I asked him to do some character development for me. I wish I could draw like that too.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 04:08:10

Christ lad, you got everything. Style, great perspective, sophistication, chilling, disorderly, engaging, endearing, winsome, enchanting, pugnacious...

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 04:48:23

WOW! great perspective n flow you did in pic, loved it! I m sure you ll become a big guy in NG in no time!

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 04:51:56

At 6/24/08 03:27 AM, DrunkApe wrote: his work was done by John Wu. www.therealjohnwu.com

I asked him to do some character development for me. I wish I could draw like that too.

...not your own? now this is a problem :/

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 06:06:50

At 6/24/08 02:04 AM, DrunkApe wrote: Hello,

Peace,

El Krudo; Episode 2

That is.... AWESOME!!! The drawing is great. The bullets looks so good... and all the features... man! Tell whoever did this that he is the best drawer on earth!

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 07:39:23

Thank you to Havayosunu for being the only person in this thread who actually reads.
It's not his.

BBS Signature

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 09:10:53

At 6/24/08 03:27 AM, DrunkApe wrote: his work was done by John Wu. www.therealjohnwu.com

I wish you could read the rules like that to.

if it isnt your work, then don't post it here, even if its fan work, or paid work. asking us to critique someone else work, has no benefit on you or the original artist, since he didn't post it.

Now with that said, you obviously wanted us to watch your movie and critique that. and in all honesty I was bored. The art wasn't interesting enough to keep me watching, the monologue droned on, and the animation was non existent.
But obviously you know this because you used someone else s work to lure us into watching it.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 12:16:11

I am sorry to offend. That was not my intention. My team and I are working on a lot of character development and I was hoping to get some incite here. Not so much a critique on the picture, but the cartoon pilot we did, see the link. I am the writer, director, sound designer, editor, creator of the project.

see: www.elkrudo.com

EL KRUDO; Episode 2

If posting here is a problem, let em know and I will delete the thread.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 12:22:39

Thanks for the reply. I was not trying to be dishonest with the picture. It was just a piece of character development.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 12:36:26

At 6/24/08 12:16 PM, DrunkApe wrote: I am sorry to offend. That was not my intention. My team and I are working on a lot of character development and I was hoping to get some incite here. Not so much a critique on the picture, but the cartoon pilot we did, see the link. I am the writer, director, sound designer, editor, creator of the project.

see: www.elkrudo.com

EL KRUDO; Episode 2

If posting here is a problem, let em know and I will delete the thread.

you made two links there, and both link to the same page, I see no episode 2.

posting here is not a problem, butthe movie you linked to looks nothing like the image you posted.
so its kinda deceiving. Kinda like how marvel hires Alex Ross to do Cover art, but the actual comic inside is shit. Most of the Time in a comic shop people comics like those get put back on the rack.

You best bet was to show shots of the actual movie, as now the standards for that movie were risen when you provided that image,

either way, I would've probably said the same thing (IE it sucks) but that's just my opinion.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-24 14:07:55

I half-agree with Mindchamber, I believe that you should've posted different parts of the video, rather than that image. HOWEVER I disagree with him on the art, it looks pretty good, it represents what its trying to, and overall...its good!

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-25 02:02:54

At 6/24/08 02:07 PM, Leering-Abstemiously wrote: I half-agree with Mindchamber, I believe that you should've posted different parts of the video,

Ya, I think that is a good idea. Is there any way to edit a previous post?

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-25 03:05:10

There's a Help/FAQ page for a reason.

You might as well read BBS Rules and Art Forum Rules too.

If you can follow this simple shit, you won't get all these people eating your ass out every time you post...

Haha, I feel like a fucking idiot for spamming up the Lounge. ]:

Somebody feel bad for me and make me a sig.

If not fuck you.

Response to Chaotic Monkey Shorts 2008-06-25 03:37:37

At 6/25/08 03:05 AM, Lamoureux wrote: There's a Help/FAQ page for a reason.

You might as well read BBS Rules and Art Forum Rules too.

If you can follow this simple shit, you won't get all these people eating your ass out every time you post...

Haha, I feel like a fucking idiot for spamming up the Lounge. ]:

you could just say no. or i don't know. or nothing. No need for profanity or a high horse.