00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zombie Game Beta Test Here

1,063 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:21:03

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1213671525

The game is pretty graphic intensive, so set it to low or medium quality if your computer sucks.

Controls:
W, A, S, D or Arrows to Move
Mouse and Left Click to Shoot and Aim
Spacebar to Enter Vehicles
1-3 to Cycle through weapons.
1 - Magnum
2 - Ak 47
3 - Shotgun

Bugs:
-I know the minimap is not functional and is under the buildings, I realize that.
-Zombies die when they hit you.

I'm a designer and writer in Chicago. I've been published seven times for random junk. My first attempt at comedy can be found here: The Up To No Goods Web Series.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:31:11

May be thats just me but i get a dead link... seems like http://www.swfcabin.com/ is down or something.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:34:47

At 6/17/08 02:31 AM, LeechmasterB wrote: May be thats just me but i get a dead link... seems like http://www.swfcabin.com/ is down or something.

Works perfectly fine for me, what's wrong with yours?

I'm a designer and writer in Chicago. I've been published seven times for random junk. My first attempt at comedy can be found here: The Up To No Goods Web Series.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:36:44

okay, make different ammo variables in, so its not all dependent on one..

like, make it a MC, and make 3 frames with 3 dif vars.

so like.

_root.var.ammo1=100;
_root.var.ammo2=100;

and so on.. like that.

Click on my sig! The Boom! Headshot Collab!

Join now!

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:38:28

At 6/17/08 02:36 AM, dadancinman wrote: okay, make different ammo variables in, so its not all dependent on one..

like, make it a MC, and make 3 frames with 3 dif vars.

so like.

_root.var.ammo1=100;
_root.var.ammo2=100;

and so on.. like that.

I know that, they call it a beta for a reason. Because it's not polished, this is the basic engine and I wanted opinion on that. Not something obvious.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 02:39:15

Well swfcabin is down for me... can't reach the host.

Could you may be also upload it here spamtheweb.com ?

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 03:31:20

- Zombies spawn outside the map and just kinda waltz in.
- Make blood splatter more "random", right now you can tell it's just one silly graphic
- Make zombies spawn in certain areas maybe?
- Make zombies not jump back so .. weirdly? They just kinda teleport back a little, doesn't look like they're being shot.
- Animate the zombies more
- Make zombies not just disappear when they get near you, make them sit there and attack or something
- If you are going to make the zombies disappear then at least make a redish "outline" around your screen that looks like blood (fades after a sec or two)
- Make the shotgun actually shoot more than one bullet
- Make different weapons seem different. Right now they seem kinda too similar
- Sounds + Music
- Make your health more noticeable, maybe add it over your head
- Remove zombie health bars. That's just lame imo
- Make zombies throw things at you (if they just run into it)
- More weapons (at least a melee weapon)
- Maybe add some way to make obstacles (like spawn boxes where you're looking)

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 03:42:59

You desperately need a dying animation for the zombies.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 03:47:47

Upon further "testing"
- Make the car actually be a car. Right now it's
+ too small
+ too easy to drive
+ too fast
+ zombies just die when they hit it (even if you're just sitting there
+ if you crash or skid a wall nothing happens
+ doesn't feel like driving
+ you can sit there and still spin around
- When you're shooting it doesn't FEEL like you're shooting.
- Add recoil, a bigger flash, maybe bullet casings falling out
- Make zombies a little smarter, right now if they find themselves blocked off by a wall they will sit there and hope that a magical zombie god will descend from the heavens and remove said obstacle so they may consume your brain
- Make blood splatter last longer
- Make pieces or blood fly off when a bullet hits a zombie
- Some collisions are off with the little objects, like boxes and barrels.. they don't work at all for the car
- Make the camera more dynamic. By this I mean make it show where you're aiming at. If your cursor is at the left side of the screen, you should see more of the left side and less of the right side
- Make the minimap work. It's so off right now it's not even funny. You could do this: Get your relative position from the center of the map and scale it down for the minimap.
- Add map boundaries, right now you can walk off (I'm sure you know of this)
- When you're walking sideways but looking up your feet are still walking up. Fix it :u

Yeah I'm out of ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 05:23:34

work on hit tests... make some obstacles

This sentence is a lie.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 05:56:17

The zombie are gay. Since when do zombies try to skillage past your bullets. The idea is they just go straight for you, but because there are so many its hard.

Basically dont make them sway side to side, and have more of them

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 07:25:59

This isn't really a beta is it

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 07:44:55

At 6/17/08 05:56 AM, CaiWengi wrote: The zombie are gay. Since when do zombies try to skillage past your bullets. The idea is they just go straight for you, but because there are so many its hard.

Basically dont make them sway side to side, and have more of them

This was to make it as hard, but to reduce lag.

Yes, this was a beta to the guy who asked, or more, of an alpha.

That guy who suggested that long list, things that I didn't think of were taken into consideration and 90% of that is being incorporated already, they don't call it a beta to have everything fixed and polished, kid.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 08:09:21

At 6/17/08 07:44 AM, adreniline7 wrote:
That guy who suggested that long list, things that I didn't think of were taken into consideration and 90% of that is being incorporated already, they don't call it a beta to have everything fixed and polished, kid.

You jackass. Your telling us to beta test your game, and then being a twat for telling you what we think it needs. What do you want us to do just play it and not comment? Its not like youve already listed those as things you are already planning on doing.

If youve already got this magical list of things that need doing, then go do them, and then make a topic asking for what else it needs.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 08:10:38

At 6/17/08 07:44 AM, adreniline7 wrote: That guy who suggested that long list, things that I didn't think of were taken into consideration and 90% of that is being incorporated already, they don't call it a beta to have everything fixed and polished, kid.

Mylo, your demo is too unpolished to be shown off here. Keep it to your friends on MSN or you will be butchered here for your game not playing well.

The beta should ideally be the final build before launch, and purely used for testing for spotting bugs and problems with the game itself. From the descriptions here, your game isn't even in the alpha stage of testing.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 08:21:24

At 6/17/08 08:10 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 6/17/08 07:44 AM, adreniline7 wrote: That guy who suggested that long list, things that I didn't think of were taken into consideration and 90% of that is being incorporated already, they don't call it a beta to have everything fixed and polished, kid.
Mylo, your demo is too unpolished to be shown off here. Keep it to your friends on MSN or you will be butchered here for your game not playing well.

The beta should ideally be the final build before launch, and purely used for testing for spotting bugs and problems with the game itself. From the descriptions here, your game isn't even in the alpha stage of testing.

Yeah, my mistake. I should get to 40% competition before I post things. I'll go bother you and others on MSN after I implement everything in this thread that was suggested.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 10:35:37

I enjoyed it, I liked the textures you created but I do not like the other guns, to put it simply they are very similar I know the damage may be different but I think you should either change the bullets to make them look smaller for the ak and have a multiple bullets shot along with the shot gun.

otherwise there aren't really many problems in the stage of development you are in

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 11:02:47

Awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 12:55:07

Not bad man. The car needs to be bigger and needs to have a slower acceleration.
the mini-map needs to be on the top layer.
Have a gui so I know what gun I am using.

Keep it up =]

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 17:17:50

I wanna test it out!

to annoy or to be annoyed

click here please!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 17:30:19

sucks balls

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 17:30:48

At 6/17/08 05:17 PM, babastini123 wrote: I wanna test it out!

Sorry, wrong thread X_X LOL!

to annoy or to be annoyed

click here please!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 17:33:02

Wow, I really like where this game is going! I can't wait for it to be finished.

A few things I noticed (which you probably already know, but just in case:

- you can go infinitely off the map onto the blackness.
- zombies die when they touch the car too, even when it's not moving! Not just when you're outside of it.
- The shotgun seems too similar to the rifle; the only differences are that it fires slower and racks up more damage. I think you should give a "Scattershot" animation, that would be more fitting.
_ This game reminds me a LOT of Crimsonland! LOVE that game! You can download a shareware version of it here for inspiration if you'd like: http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/?menu=d ownloads

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 18:45:12

This isn't a beta you fat liar!

Anyway, some of the zombies are more durable than others even though they look the same.

All the guns are pretty much the same thing.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 19:08:37

don't make the zombies look at you but rather where they're going. Beyond that everything else has been said.

My Coding Portfolio (updated frequently)

If you stay in bed for long enough it will be socially acceptable to go to bed again

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 19:09:56

Except for the AI was painfully obvious.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-17 22:41:23

At 6/17/08 06:45 PM, I-smel wrote: This isn't a beta you fat liar!

Anyway, some of the zombies are more durable than others even though they look the same.

All the guns are pretty much the same thing.

Yeah well you define gay if I'm fat :c. And no, theyre differences and stuff, thats why certain ones last longer.

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-22 13:27:52

Pretty good, but not as good as i thought it would be, but still good

psn: jdsrockin

Response to Zombie Game Beta Test Here 2008-06-22 13:33:35

good beginning
-kinda miss shootsound,
-deathsound and deathanimation of zombies
-a more functional mini-map
and maybe you can let the corpses of the zombies stay when they're dead (= not dissepear ^^)

DeviantArt -- noh, there are no weapons off mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma -- Homepage