00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Swf To .mov Conversion Help?

683 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Swf To .mov Conversion Help? 2008-05-14 03:53:27

I need to convert my .swf into quicktime format in order to edit the animation in Adobe After Effects. The exporting the Flash isn't a problem, the problem is that I use a scripted Reanimator Camera in the Flash File. I can't export the Flash straight to quicktime because quicktime doesn't recognize the moving scripted camera, and only binds to the stage width.

Is there a converter or some export property I am missing that will adhere to the movement and scripts of the camera?

I need to know soon! I have to submit my piece to an art show tomorrow! Please let me know anything you think might help!

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Swf To .mov Conversion Help? 2008-05-14 03:54:50

Only .swf filetype can read script. Your best shot is using a screen capture program.

BBS Signature

Response to Swf To .mov Conversion Help? 2008-05-14 06:46:59

At 5/14/08 03:53 AM, Senti wrote: Is there a converter or some export property I am missing that will adhere to the movement and scripts of the camera?

Flash CS3, Quicktime Export Option.
The QT Export option takes into account nested movieclips and actionscripted code, however the vCams may need a frame or two of buffering to catch what's going on.

Otherwise it's CamStudio or another screengrabbing program

BBS Signature

Response to Swf To .mov Conversion Help? 2008-05-14 09:19:49

At 5/14/08 06:46 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 5/14/08 03:53 AM, Senti wrote: Is there a converter or some export property I am missing that will adhere to the movement and scripts of the camera?
Flash CS3, Quicktime Export Option.
The QT Export option takes into account nested movieclips and actionscripted code, however the vCams may need a frame or two of buffering to catch what's going on.

Otherwise it's CamStudio or another screengrabbing program

I changed the compressor settings to progressive and when the exported had a bar for "recording" I thought I was in business.

Alas when I viewed the final Quicktime file it still ignored the coding surrounding the camera.

Anyone else? I might have to try the screencapture program.

BBS Signature