00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spiritgarden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fighting Engine Demo

3,923 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-07 05:41:39

That definately has potential becoming a top game here on NG, I hope you know what your'e getting into because your scripting has just began, and what has left for you to do sure doesn't look simple to code to me.
From your posts I can see you pretty much have your game and how it should go in your mind, which is good, but be sure to make the game so that theres no ultimate combo, walking around and hitting the enemies with the same combo will make it boring, diffrent enemies should have diffrent combos they repeat on, that would make the game cooler.
The graphics looks awsome, but remember that making the game fun to play is more important, very crucial on this type of games.

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-07 06:11:58

At 5/7/08 05:41 AM, Hadar1989 wrote: That definately has potential becoming a top game here on NG, I hope you know what your'e getting into because your scripting has just began, and what has left for you to do sure doesn't look simple to code to me.
From your posts I can see you pretty much have your game and how it should go in your mind, which is good, but be sure to make the game so that theres no ultimate combo, walking around and hitting the enemies with the same combo will make it boring, diffrent enemies should have diffrent combos they repeat on, that would make the game cooler.
The graphics looks awsome, but remember that making the game fun to play is more important, very crucial on this type of games.

DW i most definitely understand the stresses of what im getting into =þ Most of the stuff left to do I have a good handle on, mostly just time consuming laying all the foundations and keeping balance along the way. What i hate is all the art and finetuning stuff, esp when it comes to final polish.

Enemies will have a set of special moves and wont make it easy on you, esp when you have. There will be heavy emphasis on defense/countering in the game. That demo really only shows some offensive potential. Note that most of the attacks still make you vulnerable in some way, by pose or timing. Bosses will be where the real fun begins :P

Ive been concentrating on the gfx a lot mostly because i want to find that limit early in design, but still get the quality i want.

Oh and on that ChargeAttack thingy, i kinda thought the ability to stall might come in handy. Ill just make it a lengthy but limited time.

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-25 23:49:25

O_o

No more feedback at all?

If noone comments now, you cant complain when its released. But people will anyway and itll piss me off, so use this opportunity to brainwash me into your ideas

^_^

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-26 00:55:21

Make sure to put some thought into overpowered attacks. Shackwavers the whole screen and you can basically spam it, it has a simple combo set.

sig'd

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-26 01:51:38

At 5/26/08 12:55 AM, chickendance333 wrote: Make sure to put some thought into overpowered attacks. Shackwavers the whole screen and you can basically spam it, it has a simple combo set.

Keep in mind thats the energy attacks arent linked to anything yet. They will consume the enrgy bar in the background. The Shockwave will use so much energy you will only be able to use it once anyway. Since its a test, you have no restrictions atm.

I thought this was obvious.

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-05-26 03:47:12

This is a really good engine can't wait to u release it. I will vote 5

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-03 22:07:23

My only suggestion so far is to be careful with some of the graphics =D the screen cracking kiblast thing makes the game stop for a second or two on my computer >.<

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-11 22:43:23

Maybe you should give an option to change his color and his hair?
Or maybe you can have an optoin to unsheath his ki sword to attack people with it?
I think it would also be cool if could possibly summon things depending on your rank.

Example: As Noob, you can summon a Spirit Crow. As a Novice, a Spirit Bear.
As a Warrior, Spirit Panther. As Wastoid, a Spirit Dragon.

Only a Ninja can kill a Ninja-

~Sho Kusagi

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-20 01:38:38

At 6/11/08 10:43 PM, Haloya wrote: Maybe you should give an option to change his color and his hair?

If i can figure out a simple way of doing so without reworking the entire engine id do it. Its difficult to do with many nested graphics and symbols. It would be easier to change the colour of your energy.

Or maybe you can have an optoin to unsheath his ki sword to attack people with it?

I was thinking of this, but as you reach higher experience. Im still thinking how im going to handle it, as it would require reanimating almost everything.

I think it would also be cool if could possibly summon things depending on your rank.
Example: As Noob, you can summon a Spirit Crow. As a Novice, a Spirit Bear.
As a Warrior, Spirit Panther. As Wastoid, a Spirit Dragon.

Interesting idea, but i dont think it fitting. As it stands you have plenty of techniques. I dont think its necessary to have a bot aid when you can be the dragon yourself.

BTW on the graphics thing when the screen cracks, thats more to do with the amount of kiblasts onscreen than the screen shatter effect. The radial blast thing wont be so hardcore in the end :P

I am trying to be careful with the graphics, but i need to test the waters a bit to see what i can get away with and still get the look i want.

The shatter effect is more for the idea of when you deflect enemy kiblasts, occasionaly one will damage the sceen.

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-20 01:42:33

Dude, your engine rocks... Its just as good as the NG rumble one. I think its great so far!

Depents what your gonna do with it.

Is it gonna be an side-scrolling fighter or a fighter like "Street Fighter"?

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-22 03:09:30

At 6/20/08 01:42 AM, ikool wrote:
Is it gonna be an side-scrolling fighter or a fighter like "Street Fighter"?

Both :P

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-22 03:17:36

What the hell is his right leg doing when he stands? Does he like break his leg and fix it?

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-22 10:30:55

At 6/22/08 03:17 AM, Hk3 wrote: What the hell is his right leg doing when he stands? Does he like break his leg and fix it?

So his foot doesnt rotate as he bobs from side to side. Its an alpha, sue me =þ

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-22 10:50:32

Link seems to be dead, any chance of reuploading, sounds like a great engine!

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-06-22 20:27:47

Link works fine =/

Also you can run by holding the SHIFT key, its in the games moveslist. Also i want doubletap forward to be a quick dash, its just been buggy for me atm, want to redo BB and FF.

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2008-09-18 11:12:10

well, its good, the things are looking good.
tho, its still a demo, so i just cant wait til the whole game comes out

LOL guide to death

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2009-06-03 21:17:52

Whatever happened to this game?
did he just give up?

Did you like it? It was hot for me too...

Response to Fighting Engine Demo 2009-06-03 22:07:33

At 6/3/09 09:17 PM, Firegamer4 wrote: Whatever happened to this game?
did he just give up?

Why the hell would you bump a year old topic? Nobody cares about this now.