00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What the hell is a .IT

1,087 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-19 18:26:06

I got a sample pack thats full of a bunch of crap that I have no idea what to do with, they're .IT files. Is there some compression plugin that I'm missing? I'm running FL7, thanks.

Response to What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-19 21:18:19

Haha, cute. But seriously, NO dammit.
.IT files are simply the native filetype used when saving songs from quite another software to make music in, which would be Impulse Tracker. You can open it and listen to it using in Winamp I think. I might have a plugin, but I think you can. If not, go download "Modplug Player" for instance. If you want to extract samples and/or edit the original file - you go download "Modplug Tracker".

Impulse Tracker, FastTracker, ProTracker and so forth is just old sample-based "sequencers" like FLStudio. I actually started out making music on a tracker on my Amiga 500 16 years ago.

Oh the memories!

SkyMarshallArts.com | Personal Website

Spotify - Some of my stuff

Response to What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-20 00:43:26

Ok, so the sample pack is a shit ton of sampled electric guitar... so what your saying is, a method of attack would be to sequence in the tracker software, render and import into my sequencer? Or would it be worth my time to extract the samples individually?

Response to What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-20 01:28:47

.it
memories indeed!

Response to What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-20 01:28:51

it stands for italy i think
inquire with italian authorities
dammit i lost my posting skills

Response to What the hell is a .IT 2008-04-20 10:43:33

At 4/20/08 12:43 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: Ok, so the sample pack is a shit ton of sampled electric guitar... so what your saying is, a method of attack would be to sequence in the tracker software, render and import into my sequencer? Or would it be worth my time to extract the samples individually?

Yes, you can extract the samples individually and import them into FLStudio as *.wav. Learning how to use a tracker might be a little too much hazle just for a few samples. It's a little alien and "nerdy" compared to the user-friendly interface of FL.

But yes, you can extract the samples.
You'll understand how very quickly if you open Modplug Tracker (it's free) and snoop around.

SkyMarshallArts.com | Personal Website

Spotify - Some of my stuff