00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scariest game?

4,533 Views | 45 Replies

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 18:56:55

I think the RE remakes have some great moments, plus the graphics just make it creepier. And at the time, Silent Hill scared the hell outta me.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 19:02:45

At 9/30/03 10:14 AM, GuardianBeastClock wrote: Everybody is telling me that the scariest game is Aliens V.S. Predators 2. I've played it. I dont think it's that scary. Do you think it's a scary game? If not, which game do you find scary?

Never played it, but I did finish Silent Hill 3 a week or two ago and it was rather chilling.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 19:35:43

The first silent hill is terrifying. There are other scary games but SH takes the top.........

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 20:15:31

Clear things up. Doom, not scary, at all. Resident evil, scary for wimps. Eternal darkness, I was laughing to hard to be scared, what a bunch of crap. Silent Hill disturbed me, a lot. Silent Hill 2 Scared the pants off me, until I learnt that you can just run and club stuff, allowing comedy to insue. But the scaryest game is definetly theif 2. Maybe just for me though but that game made me jump like mad, specially those zombies. Didnt help that I had to play in the dark with the volume turned up on max to hear and see anything.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 20:17:00

Clock Tower

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 20:18:21

At 9/30/03 08:17 PM, Wadezilla wrote: Clock Tower

Ok yeah forgot about that one, its pretty creepy, so is fatal frame, but that gets kinda wimpy after a bit.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 20:24:47

At 9/30/03 08:17 PM, Wadezilla wrote: Clock Tower

That game drove me nuts! Not so much because you were the potential victim of a serial killer, but more so the fact that you really couldn’t really defend yourself. If have to resort to that sissy-looking “throw objects that just happens to be lying around the room at the killer to get him off your back and buy you a few more seconds to run into the next room where you can throw MORE CRAP at him” tactic. Unique idea, but I got bored with it fast.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 21:06:48

the scariest game is fatal frame

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 21:36:26

Time for the Eternal Darkness Guru to clear things up.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is not a survival horror. Sorry, it just isn't. You don't have limited saves, and with the swords, you can't really say a thing about limited ammo. Survival horrors usually give you the sense of being trapped, and you need to conserve your ammo and solve puzzles and BLAH BLAH BLAH, it's all to complicated. In Eternal Darkness, you get spells, and badass weapons that no survival horror would be bold enough to use. Assault rifles, huge fuckin swords, and MAGIC... and the game is better than any survival horror anyway. There's no Alone in the Dark style crap with the bad-graphics character walking around on a high-res background. No bad camera angles that won't let you see the damn enemy that's about to bite you. Damn those camera angles.

The point is, survival horrors suck. Maybe Eternal Darkness doesn't. Eternal Darkness is a horror, but there's no survival about it. When you can use spells to heal yourself, it takes away the whole point of a survival.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 21:40:57

What about Sanitarium? Anyone remember that game?

Only played the demo, but if I remember, it had definite scare value.

Nothing like an insane protagonist with bandages wrapped about his head.
-- Scaper-X

Response to Scariest game? 2003-09-30 21:55:01

Seriously, the scariest game I ever played was in the Resident Evil series. I used to get scared as hell when the music was really quiet and then all of a sudden something would just drop off the ceiling or bust through a wall or window.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-10-01 11:15:33

i just got Resident Evil 3 ; Nemesis from the library ^_^

Response to Scariest game? 2003-10-01 11:31:40

restend evil

Response to Scariest game? 2003-10-05 04:19:23

At 9/30/03 09:40 PM, Scaper-X wrote: What about Sanitarium? Anyone remember that game?

Only played the demo, but if I remember, it had definite scare value.

Nothing like an insane protagonist with bandages wrapped about his head.
-- Scaper-X

I own the full version of that game. That game rocked. I don't know how far the demo went, but the two freakiest sections is the one in the town with all the little kids who obey "Mother." And the Carnival section where you play as your dead kid sister. After you leave the carnival and start wandering around your old house with the ghosts... oh man, I love that game.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-10-05 04:38:54

Only game, Resident Evil 2.

Response to Scariest game? 2003-10-05 18:32:44

The Resident Evil series wasnt scary at all. You could always tell when a monster would jump out at you and that took all the fun out of it. And it took so many friggin bullets to get rid of them. But the Silent Hill series... Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the most fucked up games ever made... But let me warn all of you.. Never listen to the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack at 3am while walking around the city with only 2 friends... Not a good thing.. Not a good thing at all..