00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite TV 3 Collab

73,550 Views | 1,320 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 13:04:48

Welcome one and all to the final installment of the Sprite TV trilogy! We've come a long way since Sprite TV 1 & 2 and now; it's time to go out with a bang. I'll be hosting this beautiful collab but alas, I can't do it alone. That's where you fine folks come in.

To enter, simply create a sprite short using the following template. (Note: the template may be subject to change, however the document size will remain the same.) After completing your part, email it to me at jesseymeza@yahoo.com. As with all collabs, we have some rules and guidelines you must follow.

Rules:
- Your part must be humorous. There's nothing more boring than a dry sprite skit. If you can't write anything funny, get a friend to do so. If you don't have any friends, get off the internet.

- Name all your symbols. Oh GOD you must name all your symbols! If you submit a part to me and the symbols aren't named, sorry, it'll get rejected. Even if it's awesome.

- Please, please, PLEASE, don't use any sound clips from TV shows or movies! (Music is fine) I cannot stress that enough. The leader of Sprite TV 2 stated the same thing from the beginning, but as production ended, he let more people slip using Family Guy quotes. I will not. By using clips like that you're basically repeating the same joke. I want this installment to be more original than the first two.

- Each participant in this collab may only submit a maximum of three parts. What's the point of calling it a collab if only four people are making everything? Once you've reached your maximum, if you feel you could make a better part and would like to replace an existing one, email me and we can work something out.

Guidelines:
- Try to stay away from using well-established characters like Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man. Though their use is not banned, it'll get tiring to see nothing but Mario parodies.

- Remember, just because you make a part and send it to me, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed in. I will email you back with approval or denial. If you get denied, don't give up. Simply create a better part. I may even help you improve.

- All collabs take time to make. Just because you finished all three parts, it doesn't mean you can repeatedly ask, "When's it gonna be released?" I can safely say that it won't be done for a few weeks, months even. Take your time with your part. Don't rush. There is no deadline as of yet. I do tend on announcing one in the future, but for right now take it easy.

- Look for sprite sheets here and voice actors
here.

Now then, besides the parts, I'll be looking for people to help me create the menu, outro, and credits. I'll be handling the intro. Helping out with these features will not count towards your three part max.

Technical crap:
- 700 x 400 document size
- 24 FPS
- Length can vary. (Not too long, mind you.)

Alright then, I think that's everything. Now.....GET TO WORK SLAVES!!! >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 13:23:22

ill make a part and ill get my firend because he is really funny and together were like ... funny

THE NO HAND TO HAND COMBAT COLLAB

IF I DONT REPLY ON IT IM NOT GONE IM ON NEWGROUNDS EVERYDAY JUST FORGET TO CHECK UP ON IT >:D

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 13:26:25

woot, you wrote a lot about the rules and stop, i will pm the guys who subscribed and the old membrs on Sprite Tv2

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 13:41:43

I'll join!

They used to call me souled...

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 13:48:47

I'll join! I love animating sprites(but better than my smb lth lol)

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 14:00:39

At 4/17/08 01:04 PM, TITROTU wrote: - Each participant in this collab may only submit a maximum of three parts. What's the point of calling it a collab if only four people are making everything? Once you've reached your maximum, if you feel you could make a better part and would like to replace an existing one, email me and we can work something out.

i didnt realized how important is this part, that means that the co-authors will be decided more on the quality of the aprts than the number

I PMed a lot of people of the SPRITE TV2 and the one who subscribed, i hope i dont forget anyone, im tired of click the contact button t.t

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 14:20:58

hmm...ill join if i can think of somthing funny soon....

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 15:11:51

At 4/17/08 01:04 PM, TITROTU wrote: Alright then, I think that's everything. Now.....GET TO WORK SLAVES!!! >:(

MAKE ME! :P

I think that was good use of the bold HTML...

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 15:22:35

OH MY GOD YES I was hoping there would be a third! I'm getting started right away, OH MAN I can't wait to see what this is going to be like!!

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better. I'm living proof of that.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 15:22:36

I have got a nice idea for my part already and I will get some friends of mine with talent to join, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 15:44:52

Yer ill do it.. bare with me though.. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 15:52:26

I´m totally joining this if I have time :D

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 16:05:14

I definately have an idea, just need a spooky background...which i just found :D

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 16:15:52

Erm...

As I commented on Osukä's News blog, I'll be happy to help with coding and such (albeit with the release of 'The Tutorial Collab '08', my use has severely decreased!).

Not sure I'll actually make a part yet, but if I have an inspiring idea, I'll try to make it! (But last time I tried to work with sprites, I think my computer exploded...)

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 16:40:55

I'll help! I've already thought of a funny part :)

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 17:31:38

Hey this is Bankai2. It will be my first sprite anything so go easy on me but I will try my best.

Sprite TV 3 Collab

yo what's up hope you have a good day.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 18:00:26

How will be co-authored? Anyone that joins? Or the best parts?

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 18:19:23

Alright, read the rules and got some ideas. I'll get to work as soon as I can.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 18:20:20

i think its about the best parts...so...yeah...
and i am so fucking in!

If you see this, this topic must've been bumped!

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 18:23:17

FHAK YEA! Finally time for me to shine once again... (even though i only did one part >.>)

I got some ideas that I'll do. Thnx for the PM Osuka.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 19:07:36

Im surprised. I didnt think the 3rd one was gonna come so soon. Ill think about it, not rushing into this one blindly.

Glory is Eternal

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 19:07:46

Well. I didn't like most of the parts in the collab. But I will give it a shot sometime.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 20:11:18

At 4/17/08 07:07 PM, ChaosCriticisor wrote: Im surprised. I didnt think the 3rd one was gonna come so soon. Ill think about it, not rushing into this one blindly.

Actually, this wont be soon. The second one was started a loooooooooooong time ago and was stalled due to problems in the thread, but even if we start now, it will probably be another 3 - 5 months (guesstimate) before the collab is posted. Trust me, if this is the last Sprite TV, its gonna be a while.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 20:50:36

i think ill join this one... it feels right to... also, i got some good ideas :)

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 21:37:23

At 4/17/08 06:00 PM, McZero wrote: How will be co-authored? Anyone that joins? Or the best parts?

Co-authors will work based on what I think the best entries are and/or whoever helps out the most. (Making the menu, credits, etc.)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 22:14:28

Since I've missed the last two, I'm so going to try to be in this one
Part

I got denied in the "Ness beats all" collab because it wasn't "fighty" enough

But i think it will fit in well for this collab

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 22:27:18

Ah finally, inspiration. I'll do a Street Fighter one.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 22:30:56

I'll try this. I just might make something good.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 23:39:56

At 4/17/08 10:14 PM, Ertyguy wrote: Since I've missed the last two, I'm so going to try to be in this one
Part
I got denied in the "Ness beats all" collab because it wasn't "fighty" enough
But i think it will fit in well for this collab

Yeah Ertyguy, I asked you to remake that part a little bit and then WOOSH you disappeared. I suppose it'll work for Sprite TV 3 though...

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better. I'm living proof of that.

Response to Sprite TV 3 Collab 2008-04-17 23:50:28

yall mind if i make a "green guys boner" sketch in the collab?

i got an idea for the best boner joke in history.

HI HOW ARE YOU?