00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LJ2401 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

console game making program???

4,139 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-13 07:23:27

At 4/13/08 02:30 AM, adam2510 wrote:
At 4/12/08 11:48 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote: How about knowing what you're talking about? You can't just start making games at, I don't know you're probably age 12 anyways.
i'm 15

still too young to be looking to make and sell a console game, realistically.

Do you at least know any programming languages? You can't just download something and make games all by yourself. You might be able to do something with XNA, but I have no idea what the limits and capabilities are on that thing, and it probably doesn't come anywhere near a "real" game.
yes in fact i do

what programming languages do you know that can be used for a console game? no, html doesn't count.

God, you're such a fucking moron.
well fuck you

what a mature approach to someone telling you the reality of your faux dream.

Oh, and by the way, I would suggest doing something simple on the computer before you try to fuck around with a console.
done that, its just i really want to start this before someone else does

i'll believe this, because it seems your mind is telling you that the same way people have made software to let you make a simple pc game, that people have done the same for consoles. sadly your logic hasn't told you that a console is a huge, HUGE step up from this and it's not as easy is that.

even if i just do models for the game i just need a program so i can do it

so as soon as your 3d models look great you can just stick it in a program and it will all work like clockwork with no effort what so ever, wonderful.

hello

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-13 23:40:05

At 4/13/08 07:33 AM, Sekhem wrote: make a decent flash game first you moron, fuck your graphic design skills are horrible(ie your website), it's going to be a long while before you should even be able to step near a decent sdk

DILIGAF

i came for a program AND I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUGHT ONE

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-13 23:45:17

still too young to be looking to make and sell a console game, realistically.

thats why i'm making the models FOR THE GAME

Do you at least know any programming languages?
yes in fact i do
what programming languages do you know that can be used for a console game? no, html doesn't count.

i know some c#, C++,

btw i'm not planning to program it JUST MAKE FRIGGING MODELS YOU FUCK

hence BELOW

even if i just do models for the game i just need a program so i can do it
so as soon as your 3d models look great you can just stick it in a program and it will all work like clockwork with no effort what so ever, wonderful.

READ MOTHERFUCKER

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 00:05:09

I hate to crush the creative, idealistic spirit, but you have absolutely no concept of how the game-making process and the game-making business works. First of all, one person can't make a console game. It requires teams. You need large amounts of complex programming knowledge, a development studio, a publisher, and money. Second of all, you don't just get right into making your own ideas. Just like any business, you start at the bottom and work your way up.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 00:17:01

I think i remember microsoft saying you could buy software and liscence for xbl games for 1000 bucks a while back... if you make somthing good that microsoft likes just think of all the money you could make from the small 1k investment, ( snickers)

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 00:33:20

I REALLY DO like your approach but...

These people are right, and sadly...

making console games are harder than you think.

But keep your idea in mind and in no time you will have a succesful game company of your own xD

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 05:52:04

Look up "Game Maker"

Try it.
Fucking Moron.

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 06:06:01

Lolsomg.. Okey, u can make a game on flash... Post it on NG.... And then go to Ng on internett on wii... Find ur game... Play until your eyeballs get rabies..

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 08:04:10

I'm bookmarking this.

GOGOGO

madgodzilla@hotmail.co.uk Feel free to add me.

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 08:23:03

At 4/12/08 09:38 AM, adam2510 wrote: grr i mean a program like 3ds max but free

3ds max is for creating graphics , not developing games.

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 10:35:27

this guys moronic nautre goes beyond what any of us thought was possible, about 3 people have already told him why he cannot make a game by himself, yet he stubbornly refuses to accept the facts and thinks he can just download a program from the internet, and make a video game for next genration consoles.

yea, my brain sort of died a little.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 12:54:31

At 4/13/08 11:45 PM, adam2510 wrote: i know some c#, C++,

'some' is not enough for a game

btw i'm not planning to program it JUST MAKE FRIGGING MODELS YOU FUCK

so, who's going to program it? no one will work for you.

hence BELOW

lol

READ MOTHERFUCKER

grow the fuck up.

hello

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-14 15:15:26

Also , you could just effing google it.

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-19 02:50:09

At 4/14/08 10:35 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: this guys moronic nautre goes beyond what any of us thought was possible, about 3 people have already told him why he cannot make a game by himself, yet he stubbornly refuses to accept the facts and thinks he can just download a program from the internet, and make a video game for next genration consoles.

yea, my brain sort of died a little.

i said download a program and make MODELS and then get a game company to help me :(

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-19 02:52:16

and btw i'm going to use zbrush for the models

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-19 03:10:42

At 4/19/08 02:50 AM, adam2510 wrote:

get a game company to help me :(

Get out...

Now...

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-19 04:20:26

i do the models they do the programming simple

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-19 04:24:21

At 4/14/08 05:52 AM, GayForGirls wrote: Look up "Game Maker"

Try it.
Fucking Moron.

I DONT FUCKING WANT THAT YOU FUCKER

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-20 00:18:18

At 4/19/08 02:50 AM, adam2510 wrote: i said download a program and make MODELS and then get a game company to help me :(

Do you seriously think a real game company will take your crappy models and say, "oh, let's make this random kid with zero industry experience's game for free! It'll be fun!"

No. Seriously, it's totally fine if you want to make models and whatever, but if you think an actual game is going to come out of them...ever, then you're just delusional.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-20 00:26:14

At 4/19/08 04:20 AM, adam2510 wrote: i do the models they do the programming simple

key word: "simple"

it's fucking not.

hello

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-21 11:43:51

At 4/20/08 12:18 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 4/19/08 02:50 AM, adam2510 wrote: i said download a program and make MODELS and then get a game company to help me :(
Do you seriously think a real game company will take your crappy models and say, "oh, let's make this random kid with zero industry experience's game for free! It'll be fun!"

i dunno they may not be crap they may say "we like that idea we will create that game"

the reason i am creating basic models are so they dont take the idea and give me no credit

No. Seriously, it's totally fine if you want to make models and whatever, but if you think an actual game is going to come out of them...ever, then you're just delusional.

i'm not hurting anyone if i try am i

no saying yes to piss me off

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-21 12:14:41

You are obviously kind of stupid.

Do you know how many emails the big names get every day from people like you that are like

" OMG PLS MAEK MY GAEM I AM 13 YEARS YOUNG AND I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT 3D GRAPHICS OR GAME DESIGN FOR THAT MATTER lol BUT PLEASE MAEK MY GAME "

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-21 12:48:27

Seriously just give it up,your never going to make a console game or even a good model,face that fact and stop looking like a utter idiot.

GOGOGO

madgodzilla@hotmail.co.uk Feel free to add me.

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-21 12:58:30

At 4/21/08 11:43 AM, adam2510 wrote: i dunno they may not be crap they may say "we like that idea we will create that game"

quit being so fucking naive.

even, if, IF they accepted your proposal, do you have any idea what they'd charge?

hello

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 03:06:56

At 4/21/08 12:14 PM, CyprusX wrote: You are obviously kind of stupid.

1 i'm not stupid

Do you know how many emails the big names get every day from people like you that are like

2. yes i do, thats why i am going to go with the ones here in W.A.

" OMG PLS MAEK MY GAEM I AM 13 YEARS YOUNG AND I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT 3D GRAPHICS OR GAME DESIGN FOR THAT MATTER lol BUT PLEASE MAEK MY GAME "

3. i would never, NEVER approach them like that nor by email
4. not even i would make a game for someone who approached me like that
5. i started this topic about a software i need, NOT advice about giving up my idea

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 03:37:40

I wouldn't jump into trying to make a full on proper console game right this instant if I where you.
You said you know a few languages, it might be good to just start making 2D games.
Simpler to make in my opinion, and there are tonnes of free 2D programs out there.
Now there are also some free 3D programs, from what I here Blender is an awesome opensource 3D animation program. I also hear that learning it takes some time.
A better way to get started in the game industry is to just make simple PC games. It might not sound as good as making Super Awesome Amazing game for the Wii but it's more realistic.
And if you want a gaming company to take you seriously, you'll most likely need a degree and a portfolio of all your best games.
You need to learn to walk before you can run.

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 06:18:36

At 4/12/08 09:38 AM, adam2510 wrote: grr i mean a program like 3ds max but free

there is no way you could create a game with a program that is free there is a reason why those programs cost alot its becuase there good and a frree programm probably wont even load even if it is good so thats why im advising you to just forget what a console game is until you have $3000

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 07:22:45

At 4/22/08 03:37 AM, PaperBagMask wrote: You need to learn to walk before you can run.

thanks man

i'm going to make a small version of the game in blender

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 07:24:54

first i'm going to make a racing game in blender

BBS Signature

Response to console game making program??? 2008-04-22 08:57:37

goddamnit how do i curve

BBS Signature