00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dornedas just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "is This Stolen?" Thread

807 Views | 4 Replies

The "is This Stolen?" Thread 2008-03-26 10:38:35

I wonder if this is a nice thread to start at all.

Anyway, the objective of this thread is to openly share a track to others which you have suspicions of being stolen. It is a consultation thread TO CONFIRM an audio theft before rattling our audio mods.

Now, to register a suspected track, please, PLEASE submit the following:

1. Link to the suspected audio.
2. A short paragraph (1-5 sentences long) as to why you suspect the track.

If you, on the other hand, would like to confirm the stolen track, please perform the following:

1. Reply to the thread with the suspected track.
2. If a Youtube link is available with the audio in it, add the link in the reply message.
3. Provide the title of the original song and original artist.

I hope this would help clean the portal of stolen audio, and reduce the load of the audio mods. ^_^

Cheers and happy hunting!

BBS Signature

Response to The "is This Stolen?" Thread 2008-03-26 10:45:20

Ok, here's a suspect.

Dare to Dream - Sialys

First off, it sounds like a pro job. There's a handful of talent in NG, but something set me off in his audio ad:

At 3/26/08 07:54 AM, Sialys wrote: Dare to Dream it's an instrumental rock song. All the guitars are done by me. Good friend on drums. No bass.

Give it a listen and please review.

Sialys said "No bass". I'm sure I heard a bass line, and I probably heard a keyboard.

Any instrumental rock audiophile?

BBS Signature

Response to The "is This Stolen?" Thread 2008-03-26 10:56:28

At 3/26/08 10:38 AM, jnry3 wrote: I wonder if this is a nice thread to start at all.

I don't find anything bad in this thread, I guess its okay to start this

Life is good

"Difficult. Not impossible."

DA

BBS Signature

Response to The "is This Stolen?" Thread 2008-03-26 11:35:14

At 3/26/08 10:45 AM, jnry3 wrote: Ok, here's a suspect.

Dare to Dream - Sialys

First off, it sounds like a pro job. There's a handful of talent in NG, but something set me off in his audio ad:

At 3/26/08 07:54 AM, Sialys wrote: Dare to Dream it's an instrumental rock song. All the guitars are done by me. Good friend on drums. No bass.

Give it a listen and please review.
Sialys said "No bass". I'm sure I heard a bass line, and I probably heard a keyboard.

Any instrumental rock audiophile?

Rock bass would be thicker, stronger and stuff... I think he was just trying to fill the gap with his electric guitar and some equing so that lack of bass wouldn't be that noticeable.

As for keyboard... You mean that xylophone (or whatever it is) sound at some moment? Maybe he just used samples to get a better effect. It's just a few silent notes, so why would he list that writing about the instruments?

But yeah, maybe you're right...

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to The "is This Stolen?" Thread 2008-03-26 12:14:50

Sry man, good idea but it's already on our...or at least my mind. So I'll get BlueHippo to lock this, because it's just not the right time for a thread like this. We don't have the ability right now to handle copyright abuse and this would bring us nowhere. Though, lists of stolen content are already made by me an a couple of other mods like Rucklo for example.

When the new mod tools arrive, we'll have a good time deleting stolen shit, which is floating around here pretty much...there will also be an official thread where people can report abuse!

Till then, please report any abuse via privat message (pm) to the audio mods (not WadeFulp!!).

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature