00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

sub-bass sound assistance needed!

827 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

sub-bass sound assistance needed! 2008-03-17 23:14:39

Ok, so I'm trying to give my VW bus the hook ups. I'm attempting on installing a bass amp of some sort, and inevitably a large subwoofer to achieve sub bass tones, which I am searching for a way to do. I'll probably need some sort of generator to get enough power, but the idea is to have somewhat of a mobile rave. put in some blacklights and shag carpet ceiling, old couches, etc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Talking specifics, I need to know-
-how to get a sub bass tone using an electric bass guitar (what kind of effects I would need to achieve such results)

-what kind of amplification to use (how to feed a sub channel through a woofer, etc...

Probably have my feet on solid ground from there. If all goes well, the deserts will be thump'd. Thank ya s'very much.

^^^ thats what my friend wants. can someone help?

Response to sub-bass sound assistance needed! 2008-03-18 19:08:58

At 3/17/08 11:14 PM, Ryanmcl wrote: Ok, so I'm trying to give my VW bus the hook ups. I'm attempting on installing a bass amp of some sort, and inevitably a large subwoofer to achieve sub bass tones, which I am searching for a way to do. I'll probably need some sort of generator to get enough power, but the idea is to have somewhat of a mobile rave. put in some blacklights and shag carpet ceiling, old couches, etc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Talking specifics, I need to know-
-how to get a sub bass tone using an electric bass guitar (what kind of effects I would need to achieve such results)

-what kind of amplification to use (how to feed a sub channel through a woofer, etc...

Probably have my feet on solid ground from there. If all goes well, the deserts will be thump'd. Thank ya s'very much.

^^^ thats what my friend wants. can someone help?

Two resources you should check out:

www.the12volt.com (for the amplification/speaker side of things)

and

www.hexibase.com/music/ttbradiation/ttb_
radiation.zip
(for test tones)

That should set you up.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to sub-bass sound assistance needed! 2008-03-18 19:34:49

alright thanks. i will check them out. my friend just had no idea where to start, and i can learn this stuff much faster.

Response to sub-bass sound assistance needed! 2008-03-20 12:26:58

i dont know how getting a bass guitar to make sub-woofery, but im gonna bump this thread cos that would be awesome!

please spamwangle responsibly.

here

BBS Signature

Response to sub-bass sound assistance needed! 2008-03-20 17:00:23

have you tryed a octaver ?
or a synth-wah (also known as auto-wah)
that should do for efects
as for amp ... ???
i'v seen nice things done with a Trace-Eliot bass combo (was small, but my pants were flapping from the wind of bass frequencies)