00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enjoyedthat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Popularity out, stickers in.

19,381 Views | 185 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 17:43:45

At 9/17/03 05:24 PM, z_4_l wrote: Umm... he said cover the costs of opperation? Im pretty sire he said to cover the cost of the stickers. Like he charges however much he had to pay to get the stickers made. but maybe i didnt read it clearly.

When he first said "cover the costs," he didn't specify what costs, so I assumed he meant the costs of operation. I just read his most recent post, and you were right. I apologize for that, yet I still maintain that Popularity is pointless.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 17:47:51

While I support the sticker system, I will miss morons like these who think that multiple views of one's profile in one day will boost one's popularity.

Message from ngWO_Russian_Mobster:
Press F5 a lot of times plz!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 17:48:06

I apologize for that, yet I still maintain that Popularity is pointless.

popularity is the most important thing in the world.
dont you remeber the fat chick everyone made fun of.
well now how we gonna make fun of the less popular people. this sucks i think im gonna go blam some clock crew thing

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 17:59:33

I find it amusing tha everyone complaining about popularity were unpopular. Its under 250 thats the accomplishment, 1000 isnt that hard to get. Only like 50000 of NGs members even have 1 blam point. One thing that would be cool is to see the ranking of Voting Power in the profile. Would this be a feasible thing to implement?

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:05:53

Although i will admit that the popularity stat abuse was getting out of hand, this sticker stat is rediculous. Who cares who has ordered how many stickers? I think a more useful stat for the profile is in great need.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:10:41

That's good, I'm glad you took out the pop. rank. Too many people tried to cheat it, and people were getting obsessed with getting thier rank up higher. The sticker rank sounds like an intresting idea. I'll probably be getting some stickers pretty soon. :)

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:35:33

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1!!!!!!!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:35:51

I'm gonna put my remaining stickers up on the Las Vegas strip. Maybe I'll bring a camera to!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:50:04

Cool! I needed some way to spend this stash
I'lllll probably get like, 30 bucksworth :D

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 18:55:18

wade i normaly like the new updates but this is real gay idea i don't mean to be an asshole but it is

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:00:10

At 9/17/03 06:55 PM, ngAo_inspiron wrote: wade i normaly like the new updates but this is real gay idea i don't mean to be an asshole but it is

That's because your mom wont let you have more then you're allowance that you blow on skateboards

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:06:10

im dont mean to be rude but this is a stupid idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:17:34

Aw crap.

Oh well, my pop. was slipping into the #1000s anyways. :)

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:23:46

Hmmmmmm...what's cooler... having a "popularity number" or having a picture of you on Newgrounds that'd be stuffed down everybodys throat because you're the slickest/funniest with your stickers

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:46:22

hey

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:49:55

noo.. i wanna keep the most popular thing.. but then again if its bein a hassle to the site.. id rather have the sticker counter than no NG at all!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 19:54:29

At 9/17/03 05:59 PM, Jimong5 wrote: One thing that would be cool is to see the ranking of Voting Power in the profile. Would this be a feasible thing to implement?

Yeah that would be really cool, ive always wondered how strong i was compared to others. Also the sticker stat isnt nessacary, cuz frankly i dont think to many give a hoot about who ordered the things or not.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 20:27:16

I think it's a good idea. But I don't want to buy the same sticker many time for US money! Conclusion: not enough variety in stickers yet, good idea tough!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 20:45:12

ummmm i dont think i really care for this sticker idea. plus, what would i need NG stickers for? i never get any kind of stickers

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 20:56:55

At 9/17/03 05:59 PM, Jimong5 wrote: I find it amusing tha everyone complaining about popularity were unpopular. Its under 250 thats the accomplishment, 1000 isnt that hard to get. Only like 50000 of NGs members even have 1 blam point. One thing that would be cool is to see the ranking of Voting Power in the profile. Would this be a feasible thing to implement?

Now THAT would be an awesome replacement for the popularity ranking, I wonder why I didn't think of that. #;-}> People have mentioned it before, but I've never heard a definitive reason it isn't available in the form of a top 50 list OR a profile rank #.

Let's see how that would improve my profile...

from new sticker count (which I find doesn't fit AT ALL in the place it's at currently) on the top...

to voting power ranking (courtesy of Newgrundling's list) at the bottom...

You be the judge, but I favor the bottom option.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 20:58:52

At 9/17/03 08:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote: to voting power ranking (courtesy of Newgrundling's list) at the bottom...

Shouldn't the bottom rank read, "Voting Rank", instead of a duplicate "Voting Power"? :P

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:00:01

At 9/17/03 07:54 PM, ornery_scotsman wrote:
At 9/17/03 05:59 PM, Jimong5 wrote: One thing that would be cool is to see the ranking of Voting Power in the profile. Would this be a feasible thing to implement?
Yeah that would be really cool, ive always wondered how strong i was compared to others. Also the sticker stat isnt nessacary, cuz frankly i dont think to many give a hoot about who ordered the things or not.

You're probably around #250-300 right now. Once your VP crosses 7.40 or so, you'll be listed here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=72428

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:02:33

At 9/17/03 08:58 PM, liljim wrote:
At 9/17/03 08:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote: to voting power ranking (courtesy of Newgrundling's list) at the bottom...
Shouldn't the bottom rank read, "Voting Rank", instead of a duplicate "Voting Power"? :P

Well, it does say Experience and Blam/Protect above that, not Experience Rank: and Blam/Protect Rank:

I wanted to keep it consistent with that. But yes, I was aware it looks weird having Voting Power: listed twice in boldface. :::shrugs:::

... please don't take all of this as a suggestion to put "Rank" after Experience and Blam/Protect. I don't think it's necessary, really. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:17:10

Wade, this has got to be the stupidest, most fucking retarded idea of them all. The popularity stat was a worthwhile piece of information on someone's profile. It's nice to know how often people click on your profile and how you stack up to other NG users. Why is it that every time a few people fuck around and abuse the system a little, we all have to suffer the consequences? Why don't you just get rid of people clicking their own profile 20 times a day? And what is this obsession you have with these goddamn stickers??? I'm sure they're nice and all, but, who gives a shit about a sticker stat? Nobody but you.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:36:09

someone was talking about not liking where the stickercounter was because it is "unattractive"... wtf are our profiles supposed to be glamourous?!?!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:38:11

I don't like this. I'm fine with getting rid of popularity, but why should the amount of money you fork over to buy STICKERS be a stat in your profile? Blam/Protect and Experience are something you earn by putting time into watching flash's or by being loyal to the site. Buying stickers isn't anything like that.

I know you guys need to find revenue streams, and that's cool, but this just seems needy and desperate.

If you want a third stat, how about one for total votes cast or something like that.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 21:57:10

At 9/17/03 09:17 PM, creamyspy69 wrote:

Says "creamyspy69". No wonder you're pissed

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 22:07:59

At 9/17/03 09:38 PM, alhill wrote: I don't like this. I'm fine with getting rid of popularity, but why should the amount of money you fork over to buy STICKERS be a stat in your profile?

Uh... why should popularity be in your profile??

Blam/Protect and Experience are something you earn by putting time into watching flash's or by being loyal to the site. Buying stickers isn't anything like that.

No, its not... But popularity isnt either. And wade said somewhere that having that was taking up something. Im not gonna say bandwith, Im not gonna say bandwith. Yeah, Im not saying its bandwith...

I know you guys need to find revenue streams, and that's cool, but this just seems needy and desperate.

Needy and desprate? Whys it needy and desperate? None of this is going to to the site funds.(that the users know of.. Is there anythign you wanna tell us wade?? lol) This is only for people to put up stickers places.. U wanna help NG out. Not by giving money, but by putting stickers in popular places :) Get more newbies to come. They dont even have to sign up YIPPEE!!

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 22:23:12

I'm kinda disappointed to see popularity go, (especially considering that, without creating a single non-blampoint flash or doing anything the least bit attention-worthy, I got to ~300 popularity in a month and a half) but considering how much this site has been fucking up as of late, if killing popularity helps the site out in the least, I'm all for it.

I wish there would be some ranking to replace popularity though, two rankings just seems kinda bland.

Response to Popularity out, stickers in. 2003-09-17 22:45:50

At 9/17/03 12:51 PM, WadeFulp wrote: For those who enjoy the perks of having a FREE NG user account and a public profile, you will notice the popularity stat has been replaced with a sticker stat.

iiiiiight thanks for the information...great move, anything that can help da 'grounds better.....

In other news we are going to be ordering a whole mess of additional servers and increasing our bandwidth capabilities!

aaaaaaaaa great work glad to hear that, i love to see the improvement of da' grounds.......