00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do songs become...?

802 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 19:47:52

Top 50 All Time, and Featured of the Week?
I wonder, because some songs, like this really don't deserve to be frontpaged, and just like many others that wind up up there.

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 20:06:52

At 3/9/08 07:50 PM, DJ-Demolic wrote: I'm guessing it depends on how many viewers it gets.

Has to be something else. Songs like that are so bad they usually have few viewers until featured.

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 20:07:56

It's determined by score, votes, listens and downloads.
Score: between a 4.45 and up
Votes: I believe it's 50+
Listens: 100+ or so
Downloads: I think it's 50+ as well.

There's no clear answer of how many votes/listens etc there have to be, but I think it's something like that.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 20:42:08

At 3/9/08 08:07 PM, TMM43 wrote: It's determined by score, votes, listens and downloads.

There's no clear answer of how many votes/listens etc there have to be, but I think it's something like that.

I'm not sure if thats exactly how it works, because I have got music which is well above all of those (except in score) and I have never gotten a mention :P

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:12:27

Exactly. Hordes of good stuff out there, but half of stuff featured is crap. Why?!
Maybe the Audio Mods know.
Rig, Maestro? Care to answer?

BBS Signature

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:13:32

At 3/9/08 08:07 PM, TMM43 wrote: It's determined by score, votes, listens and downloads.

Precisely, you start getting ranked when you get 20-21 votes. I believe that's all you need, listens and downloads (your popularity rank) do not have a factor if I'm correct. the score doesn't matter, but generally tracks that reach top 30 are 4.50+.

The track that you listed was posted in the miscellaneous section. Unlike the others, that section doesn't seemed to get zero bombed nearly as much by just looking at its higher scores in that genre. Therefore, a track like that can easily pass.

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:17:47

Can we please stop trying to get in the Top 30 and all that shit and start to just make music for the fun of it???

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:18:57

At 3/9/08 09:17 PM, Dj-Immune wrote: Can we please stop trying to get in the Top 30 and all that shit and start to just make music for the fun of it???

Who cares about top 30? Its alllll about the contests!

Because of teh buckz

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:21:17

At 3/9/08 09:18 PM, navij11 wrote:
At 3/9/08 09:17 PM, Dj-Immune wrote: Can we please stop trying to get in the Top 30 and all that shit and start to just make music for the fun of it???
Who cares about top 30? Its alllll about the contests!
Because of teh buckz

If everyone knew how to get into the Top 30, there would be a hell of a lot more 0 voters and spammers coming in and out. It's better left unsaid.

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:28:00

easy for you to say Mr 2 time in a row Top 5 of the week person!

haha j/k, I couldnt agree more.

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-09 21:31:09

At 3/9/08 09:28 PM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
easy for you to say Mr 2 time in a row Top 5 of the week person!

haha j/k, I couldnt agree more.

What can I say? I just recently went into this mode where I just want to have fun and shove music in front of people. Just turns out I happened to nudge in a fan base the past few weeks to get me up there =O

Response to How do songs become...? 2008-03-10 01:04:44

At 3/9/08 09:12 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote: Exactly. Hordes of good stuff out there, but half of stuff featured is crap. Why?!
Maybe the Audio Mods know.
Rig, Maestro? Care to answer?

Audio mods haven't got a damned clue as to how this works.

This is how it goes:

Tom: "HEREZ YUR POWAR"
MaestroRage: "How do we work it? Is there a manual?"
Tom: "HUR HUR HUR MANUAL"
Rig: "Most of these buttons don't even work! Are you ever going to fix them?"
Tom: "HUR HUR HUR FIX"
SBB: "No, seriously. Right now it's like driving a shitty '92 Civic that someone drove into the river. I can't do shit with this. And people expect me to know how it works around here."
Tom: "I ARE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU HUR HUR HUR"
Rig: "Fucker."