00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice acting suggestions

743 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice acting suggestions 2008-03-07 18:25:36

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forums.. I figured it should go here, but it may belong in the flash section'~')

I've completed this movie, the first of a possible series, and it was created in mind that the characters voices would sound muffled, because they are behind material (like Kenny from 'south park') and there for trouble have understanding each other (as explained in the end)

the problem is, I did a few clips my self in this style, and on top of the movie the clips didn't look (sound) particularly good. I'm not an amazing voice actor, and know little about the effects in audacity and other recording software, so I was wondering if more experienced audio people have a better idea as to how the characters in the movie should sound, (as long as the voices aren't very understandable) I was thinking a type of weebl and bob fashion, but the movie is already largely similar to that series, so I am uncertain.

(I'm sorry for the text wall(s)

here is the movie

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to Voice acting suggestions 2008-03-07 18:35:01

I haven't used Audacity in a long time, but it should have a "Filter" effect. If you can find that, you might be asked what kind of filter you want. I'd just try a low pass filter. You should see a paramter called "cutoff frequency" or some variation of it. I'd set that to... oh... around 1500 Hz.

This is just one of those problems that have a handful of solutions.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice acting suggestions 2008-03-07 18:41:11

At 3/7/08 06:35 PM, RageVI wrote: I haven't used Audacity in a long time, but it should have a "Filter" effect. If you can find that, you might be asked what kind of filter you want. I'd just try a low pass filter. You should see a paramter called "cutoff frequency" or some variation of it. I'd set that to... oh... around 1500 Hz.

In audacity there seems to be an effect called 'FFT filter' but after playing with it a little, all it seems to be is a volume dot controller. what audio software do you use now, where the filter effect is found? I may be interested in getting a copy, for this project.

btw, thank you for the help!

Response to Voice acting suggestions 2008-03-08 18:11:37

At 3/7/08 06:35 PM, RageVI wrote: I haven't used Audacity in a long time, but it should have a "Filter" effect. If you can find that, you might be asked what kind of filter you want. I'd just try a low pass filter. You should see a paramter called "cutoff frequency" or some variation of it. I'd set that to... oh... around 1500 Hz.

That sounds good.. but it isn't on the effects menu. is their anywhere I can get it as a plug in?
Are there other audacity plug ins that could slur a recording (like weebl and bob 'duologue')

Response to Voice acting suggestions 2008-03-16 12:59:52

hmm...