00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club

126,549 Views | 1,160 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-03 07:51:13

At 10/29/14 12:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Avengers 2 will be a massive success. I can not wait to see it.

I heard the Black Panther will be showing up for this movie.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.”~Ikkaku from Bleach.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-03 19:18:22

At 11/3/14 07:51 AM, Gozeta wrote:
At 10/29/14 12:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Avengers 2 will be a massive success. I can not wait to see it.

Looks like he will at least be hinted at, there is A Black Panther film scheduled :D

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-04 16:15:56

At 11/3/14 07:18 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote:
At 11/3/14 07:51 AM, Gozeta wrote:
Looks like he will at least be hinted at, there is A Black Panther film scheduled :D

I heard he's going to appear in Civil War. I gotta feeling Marvel are looking to buy X Men back so Panther marries Storm in the movie, try and get Cap and Iron Man to be friends again.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-04 19:33:41

At 11/3/14 07:51 AM, Gozeta wrote: I heard the Black Panther will be showing up for this movie.

I wonder if he will join the Avengers line up, or have his own solo film in the future?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-04 21:29:08

So, I just read a leaked copy of spider-verse issue number 1 and wow, I can't believe slott fucked up on the numbering for earth 1610......

also, I'm new to the club, hi!

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-05 18:51:30

At 11/4/14 04:15 PM, darkjam wrote:
I heard he's going to appear in Civil War. I gotta feeling Marvel are looking to buy X Men back so Panther marries Storm in the movie, try and get Cap and Iron Man to be friends again.

That would be pretty cool, a united MCU would also be amazing

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-05 18:56:02

At 11/5/14 06:51 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote:
At 11/4/14 04:15 PM, darkjam wrote:
That would be pretty cool, a united MCU would also be amazing

I think it's gonna happen, Sony and FOX would be stupid to not try and get a slice of the action.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-05 21:29:33

At 11/5/14 06:56 PM, darkjam wrote: I think it's gonna happen, Sony and FOX would be stupid to not try and get a slice of the action.

Marvel and FOX hate each other right now. Fox isn't giving up anything as long as they can make boatloads of money on the X films themselves. Sony is willing to talk because the Spidey reboot didn't go over as well as they thought. Their talking to Marvel because it's a case of sharing and getting something, is better then not and winding up with nothing.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-06 17:11:17

At 11/5/14 09:29 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Marvel and FOX hate each other right now. Fox isn't giving up anything as long as they can make boatloads of money on the X films themselves. Sony is willing to talk because the Spidey reboot didn't go over as well as they thought. Their talking to Marvel because it's a case of sharing and getting something, is better then not and winding up with nothing.

FOX makes some horrible decisions in my eyes, the only good thing to come from them is the DOFP movie.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-07 21:03:19

At 11/7/14 11:41 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Going to watch the Amazing Spider-Man tomorrow. Haven't seen a superhero movie since the summer, and this should be at least somewhat entertaining.

Naw it sucks, watch something else I say, like the original one or The Dark Knight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-08 15:47:03

At 11/8/14 02:15 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I'm still going to watch it. Considering the fact you loved GotG and I hated it, our tastes might differ.

Perhaps, but my favorite comic book character is Spider Man, and I think The Amazing Spider Man 1 sucked.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-08 21:27:26

At 11/8/14 03:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/8/14 02:15 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I'm still going to watch it. Considering the fact you loved GotG and I hated it, our tastes might differ.
Perhaps, but my favorite comic book character is Spider Man, and I think The Amazing Spider Man 1 sucked.

if it makes you feel better ASM2 is pretty much on the same level of SM1

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-09 10:03:27

At 11/8/14 09:27 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 11/8/14 03:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
if it makes you feel better ASM2 is pretty much on the same level of SM1

The sequel is definitely better, but could have executed in a much better way I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-11 19:20:03

Speaking of disappointing Marvel films....

FF is changing the origin of Doctor Doom....I seriously think the only reason anyone is going to see this movie is to see if it really is the big budget train wreck it seems like it's going to be.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-11 20:15:38

At 11/11/14 07:20 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: FF is changing the origin of Doctor Doom....I seriously think the only reason anyone is going to see this movie is to see if it really is the big budget train wreck it seems like it's going to be.

This is one of those not made by Marvel, but Marvel hero films? Hopefully, it flops so Marvel can get the rights back.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-12 19:14:17

At 11/11/14 08:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is one of those not made by Marvel, but Marvel hero films? Hopefully, it flops so Marvel can get the rights back.

Yeah, it's a FOX film. I understand relations are quite bad as I've mentioned before. I'm also kind of curious how Marvel managed to keep The Inhumans out of the FF rights package as they were a concept that started over in the FF comic.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-13 13:49:03

At 11/11/14 07:20 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Speaking of disappointing Marvel films....

FF is changing the origin of Doctor Doom....I seriously think the only reason anyone is going to see this movie is to see if it really is the big budget train wreck it seems like it's going to be.

Fantastic Four was only ever good in the early days, now they just suck. At least, that's what I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-13 14:32:20

At 11/13/14 02:00 PM, Amaranthus wrote: For some reason I think all of you are really negative towards any movie if it's not made by Disney.

Nah, I think Avengers 1 sucked, 2 will be good because I genuinely think Marvel and Disney have improved since 2012, and let's not forget Iron Man 1 being the only good one. Then there's the Thor movies, which are subpar, and the first Captain America being the worst Marvel movie in the MCU.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-13 16:25:46

At 11/13/14 02:00 PM, Amaranthus wrote: For some reason I think all of you are really negative towards any movie if it's not made by Disney.

I've either loved, or liked, all the X-Men movies with the exception of Last Stand. I wasn't a fan of either Hulk movie. I liked the second Spider-Man movie. It's a hit or miss sort of thing and I think we've gotten past the awkward stages and just about everybody is producing good super hero movies now....but FF just sounds like from everything I've heard the studio is trying to reinvent the property but has lost all sight of what made it work to begin with.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-16 10:10:14

At 11/13/14 04:25 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I've either loved, or liked, all the X-Men movies with the exception of Last Stand.

I don't understand the hate towards Last Stand, I thought it was alright. Sure, they fucked up dark phoenix, but it was still nice to watch. and besides, DOFP erased it all, so it's all good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-16 13:57:52

At 11/4/14 09:29 PM, TheMajormel wrote: So, I just read a leaked copy of spider-verse issue number 1 and wow, I can't believe slott fucked up on the numbering for earth 1610......

also, I'm new to the club, hi!

I got my issue of TASM #10 on friday, and so far it's pretty damn good. I'm thinking of buying the Edge of Spider Verse tie ins and Superior Spider man #32 and #33 as well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-16 18:38:06

Hate to change the subject but has anyone been reading Wytches from Scott Synder? It's out on Image and it's incredible.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-18 12:14:35

At 11/16/14 06:38 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote: Hate to change the subject but has anyone been reading Wytches from Scott Synder? It's out on Image and it's incredible.

I ordered the first 3 issues from Forbidden Planet, the wait begins.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-21 19:59:01

So I got the Marvel Comics App on my phone and got Civil War #1 except I get a download error. Does anyone else get this problem if they have the app? It's on IOS by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-28 15:29:54

At 11/21/14 07:59 PM, darkjam wrote: So I got the Marvel Comics App on my phone and got Civil War #1 except I get a download error. Does anyone else get this problem if they have the app? It's on IOS by the way.

hmm, havent tried that app, tbh i prefer a physical copy of a book rather than a digital download but thats just me

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-28 15:38:48

At 11/28/14 03:29 PM, thespazicat wrote: hmm, havent tried that app, tbh i prefer a physical copy of a book rather than a digital download but thats just me

I have the same bias but I imagine I'll eventually have to bite the bullet and embrace the new technology.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-28 15:47:18

At 11/28/14 03:38 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/28/14 03:29 PM, thespazicat wrote: hmm, havent tried that app, tbh i prefer a physical copy of a book rather than a digital download but thats just me
I have the same bias but I imagine I'll eventually have to bite the bullet and embrace the new technology.

probably, i'll feel sorry about comic book shops when that happens, its bad enough they struggle already

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-11-30 09:54:22

At 11/28/14 03:47 PM, thespazicat wrote:
At 11/28/14 03:38 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
probably, i'll feel sorry about comic book shops when that happens, its bad enough they struggle already

I don't really like digital comics, but hey, if I get a code from my comic books, I'll enter them in, Civil War was a rare time I bought a digital copy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-12-02 20:23:01

At 12/2/14 02:45 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I got permabanned on a TMNT forum for criticizing the movie, can you believe it?

Considering how anal and snippy some forums are? Oh yeah. This is the sort of thing I ask that people consider the next time ya get pissed at the NG mods for doing our job :)

What has the world come to?

In the end, a web forum is private property, they can have whatever rules for discussion (outside of applicable laws obviously) for discussion they like. But yeah, a freer hand with dissent is usually the best way to go.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2014-12-15 18:04:24

At 12/14/14 09:41 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I asked my comic book shop to order Samurai Jack and TMNT comics from IDW for me. But they said they're unable to do so due to international restriction.
*sadfaic*

Check out a site called Forbidden Planet, they ship basically anywhere, it's the site I've been using for ordering comics since last year and I haven't had a problem so far.

BBS Signature