00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GileSan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First ever

709 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First ever 2008-03-05 02:38:53

So tomorrow my first ever album will be on the streets. I wrote some music for a play, and they offered to put out my stuff. So, I am as we speak burning CD's off of my MacBook. I am basically self publishing all of my music. It just think this is kinda cool, that an independent artist with almost no money can produce his own record with as much ease as I am.

comments?

Response to First ever 2008-03-05 03:21:01

Are you looking for compliments, praise or worship? I really don't think its that big of a deal, I mean, ANYONE can SELL their music online for a dollar a piece for FREE. So what makes you so special?

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to First ever 2008-03-05 06:12:59

At 3/5/08 03:21 AM, Nintechno wrote: Are you looking for compliments, praise or worship? I really don't think its that big of a deal, I mean, ANYONE can SELL their music online for a dollar a piece for FREE. So what makes you so special?

reaper.

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to First ever 2008-03-05 16:00:19

At 3/5/08 02:38 AM, mkron wrote: So tomorrow my first ever album will be on the streets. I wrote some music for a play, and they offered to put out my stuff. So, I am as we speak burning CD's off of my MacBook. I am basically self publishing all of my music. It just think this is kinda cool, that an independent artist with almost no money can produce his own record with as much ease as I am.

comments?

Sound cool, I'm curious though, is this an independent release or are you publishing with CMJ. Also you sould post link.

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature

Response to First ever 2008-03-06 01:20:05

lol, no.
I was just commenting on how easy it has become to get music out to other people to here. neither looking for praise nor worship (which are the same thing if you think about it). And i don't know what CMJ is, so im gonna say independant.

Response to First ever 2008-03-06 17:49:33

At 3/5/08 04:01 PM, 2nd-Edition wrote: right so your burning all the cds on your MacBook, which must have cost money to get blank CDs, you won't be able to put an image on the discs and make a decent cover very easily and it wont be very good quality,

and most importantly, you've made all the CDs yourself . . . then what. Do you go round shops asking them to put your cd on the shelf ?

Yeah, good point, how are you going to sell you music? Set up a stall in the middle of a walkway?

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature