00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An iPod for Francois?

7,193 Views | 54 Replies
Respond to this Topic

An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 17:23:08

Our network guy in NYC, Francois, is searching for a cheap, dead iPod or two. His laptop HD is dying, and it uses the same type of drive found in the iPods, a 1.8" that is nearly impossible to find since until recently only Hitachi made them. He hasn't been able to find a good deal on EBay.

If you have a busted up iPod you want to get rid of, email ipod4francois@spic.net and make a deal!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 18:07:10

There has to be another cheaper way to save his Hard Drive. I can't think of any, because, i'm not a techie. But seriously... he needs BROKEN i-pods to save his PC? Weird.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 18:55:53

me being the comp dork i am, i have bought a lot of old comp partd systems and new stuff, from commidor64 to whatever.. ill get to the point.. i have a lot of ipod shit and a lot of 1.8 ipod drives that works just as if they were new.......i will donate a drive or two to newgrounds for free... i always wanted to help out newgrounds and be more involved.. this is my chance... he can email me at matthew_lacarte2000@yahoo.com....

zoinks! ill have to open some boxes in the basement! lol....ps the ng car has been put on the side the body kit has not been found by the car shop... but the graphics for it has been made....Plus with this bank job i have little time lol

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 20:41:15

At 9/11/03 08:32 PM, sirevil wrote: I like how most of the people here are saying "sorry don't have one"

Yeah I would be pissed, if I found I had new posts on the topic I was waiting for. And, the replies ended up being people saying that they couldnt help me.
Yes, you could argue that my post is also unhelpful, but someone already posted, that he would give them out for free.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 21:02:35

At 9/11/03 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: Our network guy in NYC, Francois, is searching for a cheap, dead iPod or two. His laptop HD is dying, and it uses the same type of drive found in the iPods, a 1.8" that is nearly impossible to find since until recently only Hitachi made them. He hasn't been able to find a good deal on EBay.

If you have a busted up iPod you want to get rid of, email ipod4francois@spic.net and make a deal!

I'm sorry, let me see if I got this right. His laptop hard drive is dying - meaning that it will soon be dead. So, in order to fix the problem of having a dead hard drive, he is looking for another dead hard drive to replace it with? Am I wrong, or is a dead iPod really nothing more than a dead hard drive in a plastic shell?

I assume then, that instead of looking for a dead iPod, he is instead looking for an iPod with a malfunctioning LCD screen?

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-11 22:51:37

Mine isn't busted. Sorry.

An iPod for Francois?

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 00:09:11

this reminds me of the NG news about some guys stolen bike
and people complained that it wasnt important =0)

he might try to look on ebay for some old laptops which might contain the drive

I even see ebay stores that sell nothing but old HDDs
I purchased a few lots for only $10
they were ibm and fujitsu though

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 00:15:43

At 9/12/03 12:09 AM, thisisasignin wrote:
he might try to look on ebay for some old laptops which might contain the drive

Read the 11th post from the top.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 00:27:43

At 9/12/03 12:15 AM, Vegetaf wrote: Read the 11th post from the top.

what is your point

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 00:53:18

At 9/12/03 12:15 AM, Vegetaf wrote: Read the 11th post from the top.

what is your point

Exactly that, DUH!

By the way i might be able to get an iPod, it may take a day or to, to find out but ill post a reply then and let you know.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 09:42:07

It is really disapointing to see how many morons we have using our forums. Anyone who posted here who didn't offer help should be banned, and I may have our mods come through here and ban you all and remove all your idiotic, unhelpful posts.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 09:48:32

At 9/12/03 09:42 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Anyone who posted here who didn't offer help should be banned

I tried offering help
even though I somehow got the idea that he needed a drive for an ipod, not for a laptop

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 11:05:08

Could he possibly use an external HD with a firewire or USB connection?

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 12:26:20

At 9/12/03 09:42 AM, WadeFulp wrote: It is really disapointing to see how many morons we have using our forums. Anyone who posted here who didn't offer help should be banned, and I may have our mods come through here and ban you all and remove all your idiotic, unhelpful posts.

Hmm...Looks like your post was pretty useless also. How come you didn't get banned? Instead of wasting your time posting stupid warning's like this one why don't you just do it. What was the point to the warning? So people could post again and say oops?

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 13:15:22

At 9/12/03 12:26 PM, shitbrick wrote:
Hmm...Looks like your post was pretty useless also. How come you didn't get banned?

Just wanted to point out that he can't get banned, and he shouldnt get banned either.

Instead of wasting your time posting stupid warning's like this one why don't you just do it. What was the point to the warning? So people could post again and say oops?

No, so that no more people come here and say 'i don't have an ipod/broken ipod'.

Well, i should say, i shouldn't have posted asking the Shrike (parrot destroyer) to sign on to AIM because, well, it wasn't relevent to the topic... but... i might point out...

WadeFulp:

James! :) Get on AIM if you see this, my email is F'd! :)

He wrote that in
this topic

NO, i am NOT saying Wade is a hypocrite, but I DID need to contact the Shrike (coauthor thing) and he did hop on AIM. But, IMO, just because a lot of people said 'i don't have an ipod/broken ipod' doesnt mean they are a bunch of morons. They just wanted to have some form of communication with Tom. See, if Tom got on AIM and said to you "Hey do you have a broken Ipod" would you just not send a message back to him because you didn't have a broken ipod? No, you would likeley say 'i don't have an ipod/broken ipod'. Do they deserve to be called morons (and even banned) because they wanted to say something to Tom (regardless of its uselessness)? I don't think so.

Thats my two cents. Don't ban me.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 14:25:48

At 9/12/03 09:42 AM, WadeFulp wrote: It is really disapointing to see how many morons we have using our forums. Anyone who posted here who didn't offer help should be banned, and I may have our mods come through here and ban you all and remove all your idiotic, unhelpful posts.

Well Wade, not that I don't agree with the fact their posts didn't really belong (neither does yours or mine), but you seem to be forgetting one very important fact. If it wasn't for these "morons" this website wouldn't be shit. So maybe you should try to watch your mouth a bit more because if it wasn't for us, the users, nobody would give two shits about you or this website. And if you really think I'm wrong about that and you want to continue to act all high and mighty and ban me, then go ahead. If this is the way the administrators act towards the people they NEED to be successful then I for one do not want to be a part of it. Good luck Asshole.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 14:41:00

At 9/12/03 02:25 PM, shitbrick wrote:
Well Wade, not that I don't agree with the fact their posts didn't really belong (neither does yours or mine)

I should ban you for admitting to spam, however the light of debate on Newgrounds policy is one that I enjoy.

but you seem to be forgetting one very important fact. If it wasn't for these "morons" this website wouldn't be shit.

Actually, Wade has stated before that the forums constitute a very small part of Newgrounds traffic, and sure they contain regulars, but the real traffic comes from the portal mostly.

So maybe you should try to watch your mouth a bit more because if it wasn't for us, the users, nobody would give two shits about you or this website.

Indeed, but then again in running a pirate ship(talk like a pirate day coming soon), it's best to maintain a course with a low maitenance crew, then try and pack your ship full of fewels.

And if you really think I'm wrong about that and you want to continue to act all high and mighty and ban me, then go ahead.

Actually Wade very rarely bans people(except total jackasses such as you).

If this is the way the administrators act towards the people they NEED to be successful then I for one do not want to be a part of it.

Goodbye then, and enjoy your day.

Good luck Asshole.

Luck has nothing to do with policy.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 15:06:49

At 9/12/03 12:26 PM, shitbrick wrote: Hmm...Looks like your post was pretty useless also. How come you didn't get banned? Instead of wasting your time posting stupid warning's like this one why don't you just do it. What was the point to the warning? So people could post again and say oops?

Look you attention whore, I was trying to keep users on topic, and I have the right to do that as an admin. Some users were down right rude and insulting to Francois. Those posts were removed, so you probably never saw them, so how can you comment on the situation? If you want to continue to be an asshole I have no problem removing you from the site.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 15:47:32

Look you attention whore, I was trying to keep users on topic, and I have the right to do that as an admin. Some users were down right rude and insulting to Francois. Those posts were removed, so you probably never saw them, so how can you comment on the situation? If you want to continue to be an asshole I have no problem removing you from the site.

Ohhhh attention whore?? whoahhh down boy! First off, you're right, you, as an admin., have the right to keep posters on topic. However, insulting EVERYONE who did not post on topic is not the right way to handle it. I was not commenting on the situation or saying that what they did or said was right. All I said was basically that you don't have to be an ass about it. You said you think EVERYONE who posted off topic should be banned, not just the ones who were insulting to him. So go back, start over, and try again before you come at me with some bullshit answer like that. Get off that fucking power trip and realize that you are not God. Even God would have handled this situation better than your cocky ass. If you had simply said something more like, "Please don't post if you aren't going to be helpful or on the topic." Everything would have been fine. But nooooo, you had to start tossing insults around and getting all "I'M THE MAN!" on everybody, and I think that is total bullshit. You are an administrator of a friggin website, not some internet God. One would assume that a person in your position would act more sensible and mature then to just start calling people names and threating to ban them. You need to get your shit together man.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 15:56:02

At 9/12/03 03:47 PM, shitbrick wrote:
Ohhhh attention whore?? whoahhh down boy! First off, you're right, you, as an admin., have the right to keep posters on topic.

By further continuing these flames, we drag the problem of the Ipods off topic.

However, insulting EVERYONE who did not post on topic is not the right way to handle it. I was not commenting on the situation or saying that what they did or said was right. All I said was basically that you don't have to be an ass about it.

As was said, Wade has every right to be an 'ass.' Though I've seen angry Wade, and this is nothing.

You said you think EVERYONE who posted off topic should be banned,

And as per the request, everyone was.

So go back, start over, and try again before you come at me with some bullshit answer like that.

Lol.

Get off that fucking power trip and realize that you are not God. Even God would have handled this situation better than your cocky ass.

Because he's God?

If you had simply said something more like, "Please don't post if you aren't going to be helpful or on the topic."

You mean what's stated directly in the BBS rules, and everyone should read before they post in any topic?

Everything would have been fine. But nooooo, you had to start tossing insults around and getting all "I'M THE MAN!"

Wade is the Man. Please understand that.

I think that is total bullshit.

you are entitled to your own opinion however please try to keep it to yourself.

You are an administrator of a friggin website, not some internet God.

No, he's an internet GodAdmin.

One would assume that a person in your position would act more sensible and mature then to just start calling people names and threating to ban them.

FUCKING COCKSUCKER I BAN U FOR BEING WHORISH!

hahahaha.

You need to get your shit together man.

100-1 Wade is, but it's a small briefcase full of clothes, so he can travel across country to kick your pathetic posting ass.

Happy posting.
~jonas.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:00:36

shitbirck say goodbye to your account! LMFAO!

XBL Gamertag: SmoothUndrgrnd

At 1/23/09 09:57 AM, Lucy wrote:

I've always been a cock-obsessed wench.

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:03:15

Lol shitbrick, you're new around here and it shows.

This is the first time I saw Wade mass-delete stupid spammy replies on the front page, and IMO he should have done that many times before.
See, some people replied with pointless stuff like " I can't help you". Now, all by itself, that post wouldn't be enough to make someone delete the lot of em' but take that simgle useless crappy post, multiply it by 10 per topic page ( on the front page) and then by 100 per year, and then take into account all the years Wade has been here seeing this crap.

that makes 1000s of retarded spammy useless replies. Stay around for at least 5 months, and if you're not half as retarded as you make yourself look, you'll realise that Wade and the mods have a looooooot of patience.

BTW, I hate you.
Nothing personnal.

Hope you get banned and come back all feisty and rebellious.

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:07:40

Actually I massive deleted.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:09:17

Jonas, do you not realize that if you admin.'s continue to act all high and mighty that one day enough of the NG users are going to get sick of it and leave. Then what? Then you will all be back to where you started. You'll still have all these servers hosting this website that gets virtually no hits and makes you no money. If it was not for the users on here none of you would be were you are now. So no, you do not have any right to act like an ass to anyone with an account because they are the ONE SINGLE REASON that you exist on the internet. If you think otherwise you are a moron. Especially you Wade, you have some sort of major trip going on that you are better than everyone else. Yet, if there was nobody else, nobody on the net would even know your name. You people don't seem to get that. And Wade, I'd say that about 80% of NG users think just like I do about you being on a power trip since you became an admin. and none of us like it. I just seem to be one of the only ones with enough balls to tell you how much of an ass you're being. Why don't you try me, put a new poll up on the homepage or on the portal asking whether or not people think you should even be an admin. I bet the majority says no if you don't make them leave their NG name. Maybe someday Tom will have enough sense to listen to HIS NG users and take away your power.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:10:41

At 9/12/03 03:47 PM, shitbrick wrote: all his posts

why do i get the feeling your going to be banned very soon?? =P

and to wade's first post i'm disapointed about all those posts to i mean why does here all way's have to be people who seek atantion with those kind of post or with those "OMG I GOT FIRST POST" posts in the front page threads? but to bad you can't really do any thing better then delet there posts and ban them =(

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:12:52

At 9/12/03 04:09 PM, shitbrick wrote: Jonas, do you not realize that if you admin.'s continue to act all high and mighty that one day enough of the NG user blablalblablsb

He already TOLD you, the users with profiles account for like 99% of the site's traffic, so if Wade pissed off EVERYONE he could possibly piss off on the forum, it wouldn't make a shit's difference.
But generally, only hotheads are insulted by Wade, and the funny part is that they keep coming back.

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:13:40

At 9/12/03 04:03 PM, poxpower wrote: Lol shitbrick, you're new around here and it shows.

This is the first time I saw Wade mass-delete stupid spammy replies on the front page, and IMO he should have done that many times before.
See, some people replied with pointless stuff like " I can't help you". Now, all by itself, that post wouldn't be enough to make someone delete the lot of em' but take that simgle useless crappy post, multiply it by 10 per topic page ( on the front page) and then by 100 per year, and then take into account all the years Wade has been here seeing this crap.

that makes 1000s of retarded spammy useless replies. Stay around for at least 5 months, and if you're not half as retarded as you make yourself look, you'll realise that Wade and the mods have a looooooot of patience.

BTW, I hate you.
Nothing personnal.

Hope you get banned and come back all feisty and rebellious.

Yeah so you are a smart one. You probably should have checked my profile before assuming something like that. I've been a member for over a year and I used to come to the site for a long time before that. So if you call having been coming here for a couple years, new, then yes, I'm new. You people need to stop kissing his ass.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:17:00

At 9/12/03 04:12 PM, poxpower wrote:
He already TOLD you, the users with profiles account for like 99% of t..

sorry I meant to say 1%.
Actually its probably less. And I really like the way you pull stats our of your ass even though you have been here like a month no more.
Wade has access to the stats on the site so yes, he knows that you're all alone in your little corner.

BBS Signature

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:20:50

At 9/12/03 04:09 PM, shitbrick wrote: Jonas, do you not realize that if you admin.'s continue to act all high and mighty that one day enough of the NG users are going to get sick of it and leave.

That would be the happiest day of my fucking life. Shitbrick, I don't think you understand. I fucking hate everyone on newgrounds. They all fucking suck including myself. I hate myself most of all. I'm the bitterest member of newgrounds, and with good reason, because everything sucks.

Then what? Then you will all be back to where you started.

In the womb?

You'll still have all these servers hosting this website that gets virtually no hits and makes you no money.

What part of the BBS not being a big part of Newgrounds did you not understand, the point of it is a meeting and discussion place. Not a point where 14 year olds can go "Penis Penis." Hahaha. Mods don't make money, I do this shit for kicks.(or kix, which is kid tested mom approved).

If it was not for the users on here none of you would be were you are now.

Yes, yes we would.

So no, you do not have any right to act like an ass to anyone with an account because they are the ONE SINGLE REASON that you exist on the internet.

No, that's www.goatse.cx, and pr0n.

If you think otherwise you are a moron.

I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass.

Especially you Wade, you have some sort of major trip going on that you are better than everyone else.

But he owns Sherbert! He really is better!

Yet, if there was nobody else, nobody on the net would even know your name.

Umm.... that's untrue, I'm quite sure his parents would.

You people don't seem to get that. And Wade, I'd say that about 80% of NG users think just like I do about you being on a power trip since you became an admin.

and none of us like it. I just seem to be one of the only ones with enough balls to tell you how much of an ass you're being.

He gets hate mail constantly. Do think you're the first to hide behind the internet, and bash someone who is truly a better person than you?

Why don't you try me, put a new poll up on the homepage or on the portal asking whether or not people think you should even be an admin.

HAhAHAHAHa. That's kind of like all the online petetions to remove him and other mods.

I bet the majority says no if you don't make them leave their NG name. Maybe someday Tom will have enough sense to listen to HIS NG users and take away your power.

I've got the power of the sun... in my pants.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to An iPod for Francois? 2003-09-12 16:21:50

At 9/12/03 04:17 PM, poxpower wrote: sorry I meant to say 1%.
Actually its probably less. And I really like the way you pull stats our of your ass even though you have been here like a month no more.

well with over a miljoen viewers a day (last time i hear sure it's more like 1.4 miljoen now) and like only less then a 1000 (a lot less i think) active users that would be more like 0.01% =P