00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The calm before the storm.

825 Views | 8 Replies

The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 01:48:56

The sky is black. The clouds roll in slowly, like a marching army. The air is cold...cold as death. The television is on channel 7, with weather updates every few minutes. The radar shows a monstrous front heading for Buffalo. A snow storm is coming, and it's going to be bad. 15-20 inches of snow predicted, 60 mile per hour winds, and temperatures well below zero degrees. At 3:00 am, it will begin. The snow will fall, the winds will tear the branches off trees. the freezing cold will terminate all forms of life left out in the cold. It's going to be a long night.

Awesome.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 01:50:05

HAH! You live in Buffalo too bro! Where at, I'm in North Buffalo. It's supposed to be so fucking crazy this week weather wise. Watch out.

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 01:53:33

If it makes you sorry bastards feel better, i'm having a hell of a time with clear skie- *looks out the window*. FUCK!

Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 01:55:53

I heard some crap about TU24 causing cold air masses over Canada being blown over the US, causing me to get school off.

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 02:04:06

If anyone remembers the "Friday the 13th storm" in New York, this apparently is going to be worse.
Last year, Friday the 13th, we were hit with 48 inches of snow in 14 hours. Power lines were down, trees were falling down everywhere, it was a frozen hell. About 15 people died that night. I'm not looking forward to tonight.

Although, i'm looking forward to going sledding.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 02:06:29

At 1/30/08 02:04 AM, Elios wrote: If anyone remembers the "Friday the 13th storm" in New York, this apparently is going to be worse.
Last year, Friday the 13th, we were hit with 48 inches of snow in 14 hours. Power lines were down, trees were falling down everywhere, it was a frozen hell. About 15 people died that night. I'm not looking forward to tonight.

Although, i'm looking forward to going sledding.

Yea, Deleware Park is gonna be packed with people if we get that much snow lol. And Kissing Bridge is gonna have some good business, and schools will be down. It has its perks, I just hope no one gets hurt or anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 02:07:43

Sounds pretty bad.

I hope you can get out of your house the next morning.

I never been through a snowstorm before so, good luck on that bud!

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 12:27:26

Well, i lived through the night. Here's the storm statistics.

60 mph winds, severe damage done to trees and houses.
160 areas schools and businesses closed.
1 ft of snow has dropped, another 2 - 2.5 feet expected by tomorrow
windchill at -10 degrees
5,000 homes without electricity

It's still getting worse, i can see the wind picking stuff off the ground and launching it into the air. I'm gonna go outside later and get a feel for this storm. Maybe go sledding for a bit.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The calm before the storm. 2008-01-30 12:29:35

I live in toledo ohio (tippy top of ohio) i feel you buffalo guys... the wind chill was -20 (no sarcasm) today