00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Groggywench just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friend Trouble?

642 Views | 16 Replies

Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 20:50:18

Okay, you see, I have an online friend whom I have known for almost 3 years now. I met him on Habbo Hotel at first, but then we became friends, and then eventually, we both became friends over MSN (we both do not play Habbo anymore.)

Just recently, my friend and I had met in real life (cool experience, eh?) and gone to many of places to have fun. We made a lot of jokes, including inside jokes that I won't put up on NG.

Just when I think we were going to be friends forever, every time I bring up a subject, he turns it into a "joke" (as he puts it that way) by not taking it seriously. I often find myself blocking him because I think when he is "joking" that what he is saying is what he really means. Then, when I finally unblock him, he assumes things and then, in return, blocks me.

Take this for example. I brought up a subject how Hannah Montana's new song "Rock Star" is a lot like Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend". He then said, "LOLOLOL YOU LIKE AVRIL LAVIGNE?!" He then mentioned about how she sucks, which sort of offended me. I then blocked him because I thought it would result in a fight if I continued on the conversation.

Once I unblocked him, I told him on MSN, "I'm not angry with you. I just wanted to avoid an argument." He blocks me. I then tell him on AIM [he had yet to block me there], "There you go. You're assuming things. I like Avril Lavigne's OLD songs, not her NEW ones." He then says, "Yet, if I talk to you some more, it will become more of an argument," and blocks me.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, that's not what friends do.

So, I'm asking you guys on NG, what should I do? Should I just not be his friend anymore? Should I just tell him that he's being a jerk? What should I do?

--Mr. Dr. Professor Clueless

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 20:52:57

He's a jerk, ditch him.

JaY11's sigs are awesome.

Epic thread.

FullArsenal, not BenjaminBigelow!

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 20:55:12

Who knew Avril Lavigne could be the cause of such conflict and distress?

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 20:57:53

LOLOLOL YOU LIKE AVRIL LAVIGNE?

"Insert Blockage"

I'm not angry with you. I just wanted to avoid an argument

Don't follow. Clearly, he's a fag and not worth your time. I'm pretty sure he's fat and likes Halo too.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 20:59:56

At 1/18/08 08:57 PM, elegy wrote: I'm pretty sure he's fat and likes Halo too.

Funny thing is that he doesn't like Halo, like me, and he's not fat.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:01:07

Umm... so he does the same thing to you that YOU did to him, and YOU get offended? That's really fucking funny.

Douche.

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:04:50

At 1/18/08 09:01 PM, Triple-Merc wrote: Umm... so he does the same thing to you that YOU did to him, and YOU get offended? That's really fucking funny.

Douche.

I think you misinterpreted it. I blocked him to prevent argument, but about 10 minutes later, I unblocked him because I figured he'd be over it by then. Okay, so you know that I wasn't trying to offend. He then claims that I'm causing the argument, tells me "LOLOL AVRIL LAVIGNE SUCKS" and then blocks me.

Now do you see the problem?

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:06:20

At 1/18/08 09:04 PM, ttstrangler wrote: I think you misinterpreted it. I blocked him to prevent argument, but about 10 minutes later, I unblocked him because I figured he'd be over it by then. Okay, so you know that I wasn't trying to offend. He then claims that I'm causing the argument, tells me "LOLOL AVRIL LAVIGNE SUCKS" and then blocks me.

From your masterful explanation, the problem seems to be that you like Avril Lavigne.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:07:14

At 1/18/08 09:06 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 1/18/08 09:04 PM, ttstrangler wrote: I think you misinterpreted it. I blocked him to prevent argument, but about 10 minutes later, I unblocked him because I figured he'd be over it by then. Okay, so you know that I wasn't trying to offend. He then claims that I'm causing the argument, tells me "LOLOL AVRIL LAVIGNE SUCKS" and then blocks me.

From your masterful explanation, the problem seems to be that you like Avril Lavigne.

Only her old songs, and I tried to tell him that. That's not the main problem here. He has repeatedly done this to me on any subject I give him.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:10:50

At 1/18/08 08:50 PM, ttstrangler wrote: Okay, you see, I have an online friend whom I have known for almost 3 years now. we both became friends over MSN (we both do not play Habbo anymore.)
So, I'm asking you guys on NG, what should I do? Should I just not be his friend anymore? Should I just tell him that he's being a jerk? What should I do?

Have cyber sex then do it in real life

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:29:35

I had a friend like that and I stopped being friends with him. Just brush the prick off, but I warn you, this may create an enemy.

I like potatoes! This is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:39:06

At 1/18/08 09:29 PM, punchyguy wrote: I had a friend like that and I stopped being friends with him. Just brush the prick off, but I warn you, this may create an enemy.

Only problem is that he actually flew from a different state to meet me... should this count for anything?

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-18 21:41:01

Step 1. Tell him to stop being a jerk.

If he doesn't, then go onto step 2.

Step 2. Tell (or force) him to bend over, and you know the rest.

Easy or what? It usually solves my problems.

Because kittens scare me...

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-20 17:35:51

At 1/18/08 09:29 PM, punchyguy wrote: I had a friend like that and I stopped being friends with him. Just brush the prick off, but I warn you, this may create an enemy.

wow! me fucking too!

BBS Signature

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-20 17:43:04

snore snore what huh it was to boring so i fell asleep

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-20 17:45:56

That's what friends do, and are for. You feel like crap, they arn't going to comfort you by being nice, they are going to joke around because it helps just as much. If you can't take jokes you don't deserve friends man. Even if you don't antagonize them, it's pure nature.

Response to Friend Trouble? 2008-01-20 17:50:49

He insulted Avril??

Delete his bitch ass, you don't need him.

BBS Signature