00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting 0's Without Review?

1,123 Views | 17 Replies

Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 17:10:27

So I have noticed that many, many people vote 0 on songs without even writing a review. Why not tell why it sucked? Either that, or they are just voting 0 because they want to be a bitch and make the score go down by some points. Don't they realize that the author actually works hard on the music? The only reviews I get are from those who really like my songs, but I NEVER get reviews from people who hate my songs, and/or want my scores to go down. In fact, I don't even know if there ar epeople who hate my songs because I never get hate mail!

Another thing I have noticed is many people listen to songs, but don't vote or write a review. This happens with a lot of audio artists, I can tell. You ever notice the top scores in the front page get off there in a day? That is because people vote 0 on them for no particular reason. it is starting to really piss me off... so I mind as well start a discussion about it.

So, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 17:51:40

At 1/7/08 05:10 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Don't they realize that the author actually works hard on the music?

Soulja Boy could've worked hard on Crank Dat but it still sucked and people praised it. No one cares how hard you worked on a song. If it sucks, it sucks.

There are a lot of reasons people downvote and don't review. You're song is on the top of the charts and want your score to go down and are too lazy to review. I do this quite a bit. People zero vote because they hate you. Maybe people were pissed about how stuck up you are about GarageBand that they decided to zero vote you to make you go away. Just deal with it. No one is going to come and comfort you just because you're the 10,000th user to get 0 voted.

And next time, do a little searching for a topic first and you'll notice that there's about 100 of threads very similar to this that are closed.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 18:04:57

At 1/7/08 05:10 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Another thing I have noticed is many people listen to songs, but don't vote or write a review. This happens with a lot of audio artists, I can tell. You ever notice the top scores in the front page get off there in a day?

Actually no, I haven't seen songs from the top 5 or the Best of All Time go down in a single day. They're updated every week.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 18:29:22

It happens. Get over it.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 18:34:51

At 1/7/08 06:29 PM, MJTTOMB wrote: It happens. Get over it.

seconded. Always was and will be.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 18:44:28

I share the thread starters sentiments. I scoured the audio portal, rating submissions and writing reviews as my songs were being reviewed because I was a first time submitter. Finally, after 4 days, my songs were added to the portal, although they didn't appear on the "Newest Submissions List" (which confused and angered me), and I recieved three votes of 0, one for each of my submissions. I was rather confused/perturbed because I had browsed the portal thoroughly and found my tracks to be at least average compared to the rest (which is not because I give myself undeserved credit, I have no qualms aknowledging a superior). I was left no reviews to explain the harsh ruling.

You may pass judgement on me as nothing more than some "newb" to the site and music in general, but neither is the case. If you read the reviews I've left on tracks, you'd know I am knowledgeable in this area. Never the Less, I am still condemned by faceless audio voters when I was hoping to find a community that would praise, hate, but more importantly, critique my work.

In conclusion, I'm rather disgusted by these events in general, but I still love listening to others creations in the portal.

Click the Sig for mind expanding Hip-Hop

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 20:46:41

At 1/7/08 05:51 PM, DSMagnum wrote:

:You're song is on the top of the charts and want your score to go down and are too lazy to review. I do this quite a bit.

YOU FUCKER!!

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 20:53:17

Well, I know what you mean. Beleive me, it happens to me too. As well as everyone else. Don't get me wrong, if it isn't synced right, or if what's wrong with the song is already stated in a review, I'm not going to waste my time saying what the previous guy said. Or, if the song really does suck. Other than that, I really do vote fair. I guess I'm part of that small crowd on NG that actually is fair to everyone, no matter what (unless it's a friend's song). Maybe it's not a small crowd, afterall. I honestly don't know.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 20:59:01

Oh yeah, I am over it and everything, I am just wondering why the hell it happens.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-07 21:01:01

Actually no, I haven't seen songs from the top 5 or the Best of All Time go down in a single day. They're updated every week.

I mean on the front pages of each genres, but also in the top scoring of all time, they go down every week because of people voting 0's. Except for Dj-Nates incredible Song,

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 01:29:18

At 1/7/08 05:10 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote::

Another thing I have noticed is many people listen to songs, but don't vote or write a review.

You know, they listen, sometimes that's the point of the song. Not to criticize it, but to at least acknowledge it. If people don't vote you should consider it a good thing because, well at least they didn't vote low.

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 01:44:09

Yeah man. Our songs get tons of reviews 3-4, and many people 0-bomb us. People still like our work because they actually listen to it.

If you can't deal with some faggots, get off Newgrounds.

HRM Crew Leader & Guitarist: Dan (the man)

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 11:44:26

yea you have to it's always gonna be something your gonna deal with on NG so fuck it and keep making music

don't hate me because i make hip hop i ain't gonna say nothing i let my music speak for itself

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 12:06:39

At 1/8/08 11:44 AM, Poetic-Reven wrote:
yea you have to it's always gonna be something your gonna deal with on NG so fuck it and keep making music

I whole heartily agree... now I think this thread served its purpose... right...?

Die...

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 16:02:16

0's are apart of the voting system because some submissions are stolen or just suck period. The point of the matter is just be happy that you MIGHT have a few reveiws from ppl who enjoy your music, your fans will 5 your music because they know that it is worth listening to

don't hate me because i make hip hop i ain't gonna say nothing i let my music speak for itself

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 16:09:59

It happens all the time and there's nothing you can do about it. It sucks, we all deal with it, move on. Also if you think it's me because I hate you, it isn't. I choose not to vote on songs I don't like, so you can rest easy :P

Also, I'd like to know why this thread isn't locked yet.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 16:14:13

At 1/8/08 04:09 PM, Quarl wrote::

Also, I'd like to know why this thread isn't locked yet.

yea it needs to be locked because there have been a million of these posts

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0's Without Review? 2008-01-08 16:16:24

At 1/8/08 04:09 PM, Quarl wrote: Also, I'd like to know why this thread isn't locked yet.

Because I'm the only BBS mod who mods this place, and I can't be here all the fucking time >:(

If there's a problem or something anyone suspect I have missed, just send a PM, ok? tadidaa.

Wakka wakka