00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zxromance just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best War Quote Ever!

4,973 Views | 40 Replies

Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 13:41:12

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
-- General George S. Patton

My fav sites: BAPUA.com <- A man has to know what he's doing ;)

ColbertNation.com <- I luv Stephen Colbert!

Becoming A Pick-Up Artist Forums <- Be a MAN, not a wuss!

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 14:27:34

Well its true.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 15:24:48

Those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love.

I can't remember who said it but it sounds nice.

Or what about:

SPARTANS! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 15:56:50

At 1/6/08 01:56 PM, Ocelot wrote: Typical quote from a reckless American army general of a slob.

a typical post from an asshole who does not see his ingenuity

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 16:02:15

Better War quote from the same guy

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 16:04:08

At 1/6/08 04:02 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: Better War quote from the same guy

haha nice quote Patten = best war general ever

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 16:17:12

At 1/6/08 04:04 PM, I-RULE-OVER-ALL wrote:
At 1/6/08 04:02 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: Better War quote from the same guy

haha nice quote Patton = best war general ever

sorry typo

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 17:00:44

They couldn't hit an Elephant from this dis-

The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.

Roses Are Red Violets are Blue

I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 17:11:11

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Or

War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 17:42:02

The tragedy of modern war is that the young men die fighting each other - instead of their real enemies back home in the capitals.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 17:43:55

Best war quotes, eh?

I'm gonna go with every sentence of "The Art of War."

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 17:48:53

Another quote I believe has alot of meaning to the bastard Bush n Cheny.
"I allow mistakes, but I also allow consequences"
The consequences to them will be severe.

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 18:27:38

Well, seeing as how I was named after a famous Field Marshall of WWII, I feel obligated to post here. My favorites from Erwin Rommel are:

"Be an example to your men in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don't in your endurance of fatigue and privation. Always be tactful and well-mannered, and teach your subordinates to be the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."

"I would be rather more happy had he given me one more division." Comment after Hitler made him a Field Marshall.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."

A funny one from Patton: "Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I read your book!"
Sepp Dietrich said this of Rommel(and I think it applies to me lol): "Rommel was jumpy, wanted to do everything at once, then lost interest. Rommel was my superior in command in Normandy. I cannot say Rommel wasn't a good general. When successful, he was good; during reverses, he became depressed."

My personal favorite, because it applies to the politics forum - "Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas."

Sorry. No EDIT button. :(

-Rommel

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:15:23

We have smart bombs. They not only find the target, they knock on the front door and pretend to be the pizza delivery guy
-Jay Leno

The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
-George Orwell

In nuclear war all men are cremated equal.

In a world without men there would be no war. Just intense negotiations every 28 days
-Robin Williams

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:16:33

War is Hell.....but only when you're fucking loosing! Ha ha ha!

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:17:55

My persojnal favorite so far is

"In the abscence of orders go find something and kill it"

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:20:04

That reminds me, perhaps I should go watch Duck Soup again and maybe I'll get a good quote rfom groucho marx.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:25:30

At 1/6/08 01:56 PM, Ocelot wrote: Typical quote from a reckless American army general of a slob.

Too bad there were never any great Canadian generals to make witty quotes for the Canadians to smugly repeat.

"NGs! now with +1 medical consultation." -SolInvictus

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 19:46:01

my favorite war quote;

"RrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!111111ONEONEONE " - Generic soldier

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:02:02

At 1/6/08 07:46 PM, SmilezRoyale wrote: my favorite war quote;
"RrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!111111ONEONEONE " - Generic soldier

Hey I heard that quote on TV!

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:10:15

"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops."

- John J. Pershing

"It is good that war is so horrible, or we might grow to like it."

- Robert E. Lee

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

- Ronald Reagan

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:24:01

At 1/6/08 08:10 PM, K-RadPie wrote: "It is good that war is so horrible, or we might grow to like it."

- Robert E. Lee

I liked that one.

Sorry. No EDIT button. :(

-Rommel

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:29:16

Retreat hell we finally got those sons of bitches right where we want them
- Chesty Puller as he was surrounded by N Korean troops at the battle of Chosin Resevoir

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:31:14

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein
"The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
-George Orwell

Two good quotes. The second would even apply to the war in Iraq.

BBS Signature

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 20:56:52

Reckless? Who told you that? George S Patton was an outstanding general who's actions saved the lives of many of his enemy aswell as his own men.

During the third army's campaigns the enemy lost an estimated 1,280,688 captured, 144,500 killed, and 386,200 wounded, adding up to 1,811,388. By comparison, the Third Army suffered 16,596 killed, 96,241 wounded, and 26,809 missing in action for a total of 139,646 casualties. Third Army's losses were only 12.97 percent of the German losses. That is only about 13 American soldiers for every 100 German soldiers.
http://www.pattonhq.com/textfiles/thirdh st.html

Overall 1944/45 Campaign German KIA/DOW: 263,000; Allied KIA/DOW: 186,900; German KIA/DOW per 100 Allied KIA/DOW: 141

Patton's Third Army German KIA/DOW: 144,500; Allied KIA/DOW: 16,596; German KIA/DOW per 100 Allied KIA/DOW: 871

Other Allied units German KIA/DOW: 118,500; Allied KIA/DOW: 170,304; German KIA/DOW per 100 Allied KIA/DOW: 70

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 21:36:44

At 1/6/08 08:31 PM, Christopherr wrote: "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
-George Orwell

Two good quotes. The second would even apply to the war in Iraq.

Easy to say when you have nothing to lose.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-06 21:58:15

At 1/6/08 07:25 PM, Christopherr wrote:
Too bad there were never any great Canadian generals to make witty quotes for the Canadians to smugly repeat.

Sir Arthur Currie, Hero of Vimy Ridge and Great Canadian General who led the Canadians in World War I. He is considered one of the best generals on the Western Front and he is credited with fashioning the Canadians as one of the most effective forces in World War I.

I am glad he did not go to the witty with this. War isn't witty. This is one of the most beautiful quotes about the fallen that I could find.
"To those who fall I say: You will not die but step into immortality. Your mothers will not lament your fate but will be proud to have borne such sons. Your names will be revered forever and ever by your grateful country, and God will take you unto Himself."

And a Canadian patriotic quote by him as well:
"I am a good enough Canadian to believe, if my experience justifies me in believing, that Canadians are best served by Canadians."

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-08 07:46:19

At 1/6/08 08:31 PM, Christopherr wrote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

Wow thats a really great quote, never thought Einstein could be so good with words seeing as he was dyslexic.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-08 09:48:13

At 1/8/08 07:46 AM, bobomajo wrote:
At 1/6/08 08:31 PM, Christopherr wrote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein
Wow thats a really great quote.

Agreed, I always thought that was so insightful when I heard that in high school.

Response to Best War Quote Ever! 2008-01-08 16:01:22

"If at first you don't succeed, call an air strike." - Unknown

"Point towards the enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launchers.

Who will guard the guards guarding the guards?

World of Words 2

IF YOU NEED FLASH CARTOON IDEAS, COME SEE ME!

BBS Signature