00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TVManViris just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obligations.

1,136 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Obligations. 2007-11-20 13:40:40

So...the yes/no/abusive choices that go with reviews. Am I obligated to click "yes" if the review was positive? Shouldn't responding be enough? I was talking to a NG pal on messenger, who felt insulted, that I didn't mark his review as "helpful". Even when...yes, it was positive...but it wasn't really helpful. I don't see how...

"I love ur work" or "Keep em coming" or just "gud" are helpful reviews. Though all of us appreciate the positive ones...and I generally like to respond to all ...but now I have to click "Yes" too. Fuck. I'm already a lazy motherfucker as it is.

If I review a tune..if I offer advice...then that could be helpful. But if someone doesn't click the yes, I'm not gonna cry in my whiskey. WOW.
Thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-20 13:46:32

I don't really rate my reviews. But when I do, I'll mark them honestly. If they give no useful feedback - regardless of whether they liked it or not - I'll mark it as unhelpful.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-20 13:54:45

I never rate reviews, I don't see the point

I mark abusive ones tho, just to get an ooooooh shiiiiny whistle :P

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-20 23:13:34

well you really cant excpect people to tell you why it was a 10/10 when most of them dont tell you when it was a 0/10, i would just take the good score and let it be

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-20 23:17:09

At 11/20/07 11:13 PM, NAMEOFUSER wrote: well you really cant excpect people to tell you why it was a 10/10 when most of them dont tell you when it was a 0/10, i would just take the good score and let it be

Simple 10/10's dont help you learn. I actually look at my reviews, and take advice from them to help make my next one better... Unless it's absolutely ridiculous. But when people want something, I suggest you give it to them, if you're a score whore, then this helps you get more votes and Downloads, and if you simply enjoy having people like your music, then you get that and you learn something. It's a Win/Win.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-21 00:12:35

Hmm... I give ratings and justifications for the rating. If I enjoyed the song, and have no complaints, it gets an automatic ten.

If I hear something off, and see the relistening value of a certain song, I give reviews. The lowest I've given was... 1 or something.

Sometimes, it's good to let other musicians know what they're doing wrong. Naturally, we have this invincibility complex after completing a piece. It's hard to recognize the flaws alone.

Hence, it's still best to review frankly and bluntly. And don't forget to say it in a nice manner (like "keep trying" with a smiley, hah!) to encourage the younger blossoming ones. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-21 01:46:23

I don't I ever rate reviews unless they are abusive

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-21 04:46:29

Erk... now I get it. I always tick yes or no. If it's a crappy review (you can tell my song sucks, but you have to justify it), I mark it as abusive.

BBS Signature

Response to Obligations. 2007-11-21 04:48:30

At 11/21/07 04:46 AM, jnry3 wrote: Erk... now I get it. I always tick yes or no. If it's a crappy review (you can tell my song sucks, but you have to justify it), I mark it as abusive.

Right, assuming the crappy review is crappy because there is no constructive critiscism