00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Contest!

5,361 Views | 44 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-24 22:55:30

this is a bit off the subject, but i gotta bit of beef with you (the creator[s] of NG)...

these ads man. these ADS MAN! the ADS are too much, too many. i totally realize that a site of this magnitude needs to be paid for and shit, but can't you fund some sponsors? i would MUCH rather see 100 ads on the screen, than this 20 auto refresh where the freggin things pop up all over me. so far, just writing what i have so far, i've had 3 pop ups...all of which interrupted my writing. 3 in just a minu----wait, there was another one----te or so. come on tommy fulpy boy. help us out. put the ads all over the screen, but make em STOP POPPIN UP on us. pleaase. (there was another ad) how are wew supposed to enjoy movies? 4 ads popped up when i tried to watch mario twins...all 4 sent the mario swf behind the main window.

---end (another pop up) of blog.

cheepskaight

www.udamann.com

in RE: to that, no, i wasn't exagerating (spelling?) at all. hmm....you guys using IE 6.0?

www.udamann.com

New Contest!

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-25 01:39:05

At 6/24/01 10:55 PM, cheepskaight wrote:
in RE: to that, no, i wasn't exagerating (spelling?) at all. hmm....you guys using IE 6.0?

www.udamann.com

We don't have control over (most of) the pop-ups because they come through Troma's ad server. There is apparently a pop-up that, when closed, is opening ANOTHER pop-up - one that isn't in a regular window and has to be clicked on. I will be checking on this to see what the deal is. Sadly, we are being raped by advertisers - they are taking advantage of the cheap rates and shitty ad market. I don't enjoy it any more than you guys...

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-25 14:57:11

you talk to much.

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-25 20:16:20

Speak of the devil! I'm working on a Ninja Scroll movie(possibly a sequel)!!! In a few months "Yinagi Productions" will be made, paid for, etc.!! BTW the N.Scroll movie will be my first portal submission!

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-25 21:54:06

At 6/25/01 08:16 PM, Yostimagu wrote: Speak of the devil! I'm working on a Ninja Scroll movie(possibly a sequel)!!! In a few months "Yinagi Productions" will be made, paid for, etc.!! BTW the N.Scroll movie will be my first portal submission!

That would be sweet! I hope someone could make a Trigun animation or maybe a Record of Lodoss War? I would give it a shot however, I suck horribly at flash.

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-25 22:40:43

At 6/22/01 07:19 PM, cheepskaight wrote: this is a bit off the subject, but i gotta bit of beef with you (the creator[s] of NG)...

these ads man. these ADS MAN! the ADS are too much, too many. i totally realize that a site of this magnitude needs to be paid for and shit, but can't you fund some sponsors? i would MUCH rather see 100 ads on the screen, than this 20 auto refresh where the freggin things pop up all over me. so far, just writing what i have so far, i've had 3 pop ups...all of which interrupted my writing. 3 in just a minu----wait, there was another one----te or so. come on tommy fulpy boy. help us out. put the ads all over the screen, but make em STOP POPPIN UP on us. pleaase. (there was another ad) how are wew supposed to enjoy movies? 4 ads popped up when i tried to watch mario twins...all 4 sent the mario swf behind the main window.

---end (another pop up) of blog.

I know that ads pop up but not like you said they do. I get a few. 2 that I get the most are the breast implant one and the one whend the guy on the computer recieves a virus.

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-26 02:05:14

you know what would rule? a royal rumble, like in the wwf, but in an arena the size of a football field (to accomodate the giant robots) 40 memorable anime characters duking it out for supremacy, one new one entering the fray every minute. it could be ongoing, and after one guy finishes animating one minute, another guy would pick up where he left off. Here's my picks for the first 5:

1:Mihoshi (Tenchi Muyo!)
2:Lina Inverse (Slayers)
3:Bolt Crank (Eat-Man '98)
4:Milly Thompson (Trigun)
5:Junpei (Those Who Hunt Elves)

It would basically continue until all 40 have entered and all but one are either defeated or knocked out of the arena. More and more popular characters would appear as it progresses, but generally there should be two characters maximum from any given series. The beauty of it is that as soon as one guy finishes a minute, anyone else can write the 'official' next minute, and if the last author approves, the last minute autolinks to it.

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-26 21:01:46

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/frames.php?id=22428

is the best anime thing in the world.

Response to New Contest! 2001-06-28 11:40:37

At 6/26/01 09:01 PM, Failure wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/frames.php?id=22428

is the best anime thing in the world.

I hope you are joking buddy. Anyone in their right mind knows how much that sucks. So people don't even waste your time watching it.

Response to New Contest! 2001-07-01 09:59:06

At 6/21/01 10:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: Now that the "Portal Removal" contest has finally come to an end, we have some new contests!

The first one doesn't require as much thinking... All you have to do is sign up for a Newgrounds account (or log in to your existing account and check off the box in your personal profile) to enter. The contest is for free Godsmack merchandise and you can learn more about it right here, as well as play a Godsmack boxing game! Pretty cool, eh? Be sure to check out the links for other boxing games at the bottom of that page.

The second contest is for Flash artists. I've recently been trying to bulk up our Dragon Ball Z parody collection. Now that it has more meat, I think we need to move on to other cool anime - stuff that is less known in the US. Some examples off the top of my head are Cowboy Beebop (kicks ass), Outlaw Star, Trigun and Ninja Scroll (everyone should see this one).

We already have two Trigun movies in The Portal (that I know of), such as this one by Dan Malo. But NG is all about excess, so we need MORE MORE MORE! I have seen tons of DBZ and Pokemon spoofs - it is time to tackle some of the more obscure (and often better) anime classics. I will pick the best new anime spoof/tribute on NG and send the author a free movie of their choice (assuming availability and realistic price)! So go make some art! :)

Well, looks like I better start on my "Ukyo Kuonji" music video then.

New Contest!

Response to New Contest! 2001-11-08 02:42:09

At 6/25/01 02:57 PM, LetterA wrote: you talk to much.

Who is that to? And who gives a crap anyway?

Response to New Contest! 2001-11-14 21:23:42

At 11/8/01 02:42 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
At 6/25/01 02:57 PM, LetterA wrote: you talk to much.

Who is that to? And who gives a crap anyway?

To Cheapskaight. But like u said who cares any way

Response to New Contest! 2004-07-14 02:45:38

I SHALL PUT MY PENIS INSIDE OF IT

Response to New Contest! 2005-04-09 06:52:25

if only ,y flash wasnt blammed in 5 mins

BBS Signature

Response to New Contest! 2005-04-16 01:28:08

The contest sounds cool! I'll have to check out the boxing game. Godsmack rocks!