00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Last.Fm Club

517,677 Views | 9,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-14 16:14:17

At 6/13/08 07:28 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 6/13/08 01:14 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/13/08 12:21 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Tickets were $27.50 a seat
seating at concerts sucks big willies

srs.
I got general admission or whatever, are you saying that I'll get a terrible seat? I hope I'll be able to at least see Mr. Nugent.

Seating in general is just not as fun as standing. Standing, you get seriously into the music, surrounded by sweaty boys and girls all singing along, seating's good if you get a good seat, cos you can go and get a pint from the bar or whatnot, but the fact is, if there's standing, then seating is at the back, and they're quite far away from the stage, and the sound isnt as good, etc, etc.

If it's general admission you should be okay if you get early, since I guess that implies the whole gig is seated.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-14 21:11:14

At 6/13/08 12:21 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Thanks to the last.fm events page, I found some pretty awesome concerts nearby, and I'm getting tickets today for my first concert ever - Ted Nugent! Tickets were $27.50 a seat, which isn't bad at all, it's at Des Moines, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a great time. The only downside is the wait, July 21st. Thanks last.fm!

Aha, nice!! I saw Rush perform their Snakes And Arrows 2008 tour on Thursday in Montreal, Quebec and it was fucking AWESOME! My VERY first concert aswell :) I'm pissed cause I didn't see Children of Bodom or Iron Maiden, but hey, there is a HUGE Pink Floyd tribute band comming!!! :) 3 hours of Pink Floyd goodness!!!

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-14 23:35:48

At 6/14/08 09:11 PM, UnknownFear wrote: Aha, nice!! I saw Rush perform their Snakes And Arrows 2008 tour on Thursday in Montreal, Quebec and it was fucking AWESOME! My VERY first concert aswell :) I'm pissed cause I didn't see Children of Bodom or Iron Maiden, but hey, there is a HUGE Pink Floyd tribute band comming!!! :) 3 hours of Pink Floyd goodness!!!

BatDan recently went to a Rush concert, he said it was awesome, and it was his first concert too. Rush would be awesome to see, they'd be up there on my list. CoB plays a great live show, there's a video I saw of them playing live. Pink Floyd's Pulse concert was phenominal, too bad that was their last concert though, a tribute band would be pretty cool to see. I'd really like to see a guitar virtuosist live (Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, etc).

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 07:30:09

My first concert was Franz Ferdinand, now that was an awesome show.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:04:46

At 6/15/08 07:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My first concert was Franz Ferdinand, now that was an awesome show.

Guns N Roses for me. It was a bit shit. Then again, big arena gigs always are.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:11:11

At 6/15/08 08:04 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/15/08 07:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My first concert was Franz Ferdinand, now that was an awesome show.
Guns N Roses for me. It was a bit shit. Then again, big arena gigs always are.

I dunno, Muse at Wembley was fookin' insane.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:25:31

At 6/15/08 08:11 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I dunno, Muse at Wembley was fookin' insane.

I suppose if you can get down the front it's alright, but when you're so far back you've got to watch the band on a screen, you may as well be watching it at home.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:37:33

My first show was Cannibal Corpse, July 1st 2006 in Reykjavík.
I had to take a plane to get there, but I was determined.
Supporting bands were: Severed Crotch, Momentum and Forgarður Helvítis.
All of which pwn ass.
It was the best day ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:43:15

At 6/15/08 08:37 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote: My first show was Cannibal Corpse, July 1st 2006 in Reykjavík.

So, what do the likes of them sound like live? I mean, they're unintelligible and pretty much a wall of noise when recorded, let alone live.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 08:51:22

Also, is anyone else sad enough to keep the tickets from all the gigs they go to? I've got all of mine apart from one, which was Dropkick Murphys and Less Than Jake in 2006. Still, it's hardly a lot, I've only been to 9 gigs, and only 7 different bands (not counting support).

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 09:03:45

At 6/15/08 08:43 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/15/08 08:37 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote: My first show was Cannibal Corpse, July 1st 2006 in Reykjavík.
So, what do the likes of them sound like live? I mean, they're unintelligible and pretty much a wall of noise when recorded, let alone live.

Very loud and Very aggressive.
If you've ever gotten the urge to just kill someone while listening to a CD, you'll definitely have a few murder charges on your hands at a gig.

The gig was just completely fucking mad, The Singer from Forgarður Helvítis Moshed his ass off before, after, AND during his set, Before his set I punched him in the face a few times, and he me ^^

There were people stage diving, Crowd surfing, Moshing, and headbanging the entire time, Us Icelanders don't get famous bands often, so when we do, We go fucking Crazy.

Some emo faggots that came to the gig because they thought they were so brutal from listening to some mallcore shit had to be carried out unconscious, There was a guy almost 7 feet, Pure muscle, Kicking everyone's ass, and He was finally floored and fucking pulverized during Hammer Smashed face.

It was just amazing, The amount of Fucking Brutality and Energy was just over the roof!
I haven't even heard of such a brutal gig anywhere else, and I love the fact that It was my first.

I went with my friend, We got to spend 2 days in the city, I bought a few CD's, We ate shitloads of Pizza and shit, and shopped some Band T's before the gig, then we went.

Then my sister that used to live in the city picked us up from the Gig, and we were just driving around listening to my New Megadeth CD, while eating pizza, it was awesome.

I understand that some people don't like Death Metal, But I DEFINITELY do, and That ain't changin' budday.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 09:49:45

At 6/15/08 08:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, is anyone else sad enough to keep the tickets from all the gigs they go to? I've got all of mine apart from one, which was Dropkick Murphys and Less Than Jake in 2006. Still, it's hardly a lot, I've only been to 9 gigs, and only 7 different bands (not counting support).

Wait, that's a sad thing to do? :(

Last.Fm Club

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 11:27:45

What's the best gig everyone's been to, then? For me, Stiff Little Fingers in 2007 by fucking miles. They're the greatest live band ever by a good distance. At the 2007 gig, they did all of their best album, Inflammable Material, start to finish, which was brilliant, and then went on to do a Thin Lizzy cover during the encore. Saw them again this year, and they were ace, but I don't think they'll ever top doing Inflammable Material.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 11:43:26

If I honestly had to choose, I'd probably say that Muse at Wembley, Reel Big Fish at the Astoria, or Bloc Party at the Camden Roundhouse were the best.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 13:05:45

At 6/15/08 08:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, is anyone else sad enough to keep the tickets from all the gigs they go to?

I only thing I ever kept was the receipt I got from LCBO when I bought about 100$ worth of Smirnoff and Finlandia 40s and 26ers when I was 15 years of age, it was the greatest night of my life. True story.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 14:02:34

I haven't saved any tickets... I usually have them linger around in some pocket or something for a few months, untill i decide that whatevertheyreinatthemoment is too full, and throw it all away. I do take posters, however, despite hardly ever hanging any up. I did make use of some when I last cleaned my room.

Not gonna be a lot of plays this week, I've been busy working, and at the summer cottage.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 14:06:44

At 6/15/08 02:02 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: I do take posters, however, despite hardly ever hanging any up.

I usually buy a T-Shirt at a gig. As long as it's no more than about £15. Guns N Roses were charging, like, £25 for theirs, if I remember right, and Dropkick Murphys were charging £20 for theirs both times I saw them. Most I've paid was £17 for a Pogues one.

Not gonna be a lot of plays this week, I've been busy working, and at the summer cottage.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has robbed me of two days worth of plays. I checked yesterday, and I'd only listened to 3 different bands all week. About 300 plays.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 14:18:15

At 6/15/08 02:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: Metal Gear Solid 4 has robbed me of two days worth of plays. I checked yesterday, and I'd only listened to 3 different bands all week. About 300 plays.

You could have turned off the game music off, keep the game sfx on and have music from your computer playing. That's what I do when I play pc games (Consoles are awesome but controllers are inferior to keyboards/mice).

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 14:23:42

At 6/15/08 02:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: I usually buy a T-Shirt at a gig. As long as it's no more than about £15. Guns N Roses were charging, like, £25 for theirs, if I remember right, and Dropkick Murphys were charging £20 for theirs both times I saw them. Most I've paid was £17 for a Pogues one.

I'm dirt poor, so I rarely have enough cash for merch, the posters, however, are free to anyone who rips them off the wall first.

I only have one t-shirt I bought at a gig, and it's actually a fan shirt for a record label, instead of one specific artist.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 14:26:02

At 6/15/08 02:18 PM, PolishMatt wrote: You could have turned off the game music off, keep the game sfx on and have music from your computer playing. That's what I do when I play pc games (Consoles are awesome but controllers are inferior to keyboards/mice).

Nah, ruins cutscenes, and there game is probably 1/3 gameplay, 2/3 cutscenes, so it wouldn't work.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 15:18:09

At 6/15/08 02:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: Nah, ruins cutscenes, and there game is probably 1/3 gameplay, 2/3 cutscenes, so it wouldn't work.

That's why I don't play games like that, you know.. it's suppose to be a game, not a movie so I screw the cutscenes, unless I actually really like the game which I would then watch it. There is also a pause button that god created which stops 'music' from playing till you hit it again, might come handy for those cutscenes. And don't say your too lazy to move from your couch to turn the music off, that would disappointing for humanity.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 16:23:14

At 6/15/08 03:18 PM, PolishMatt wrote: There is also a pause button that god created which stops 'music' from playing till you hit it again, might come handy for those cutscenes. And don't say your too lazy to move from your couch to turn the music off, that would disappointing for humanity.

Because that totally wouldn't ruin any immersion at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 16:25:31

At 6/15/08 03:18 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 6/15/08 02:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: Nah, ruins cutscenes, and there game is probably 1/3 gameplay, 2/3 cutscenes, so it wouldn't work.
That's why I don't play games like that, you know.. it's suppose to be a game, not a movie so I screw the cutscenes, unless I actually really like the game which I would then watch it. There is also a pause button that god created which stops 'music' from playing till you hit it again, might come handy for those cutscenes. And don't say your too lazy to move from your couch to turn the music off, that would disappointing for humanity.

I don't agree with you at all. If you're going to play MGS without intending to watch the cutscenes, you may as well charter a yacht and then just use an outboard motor and keep the sail tucked away. Possible, but missing the entire point.

Secondly, if you have to get up from your couch, you're breaking the immersion, and that counts a lot. To be honest, if you're listening to your own music you're not really immersing yourself in the game at all. I listen to music on games like Civilization, but I'd never do it on a FPS, RPG, or adventure game.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 18:03:39

At 6/15/08 04:25 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I don't agree with you at all. If you're going to play MGS without intending to watch the cutscenes, you may as well charter a yacht and then just use an outboard motor and keep the sail tucked away. Possible, but missing the entire point.

Secondly, if you have to get up from your couch, you're breaking the immersion, and that counts a lot. To be honest, if you're listening to your own music you're not really immersing yourself in the game at all. I listen to music on games like Civilization, but I'd never do it on a FPS, RPG, or adventure game.

I don't agree with you at all. As I said before that there are a few games I would consider watching the cut scenes for, MGS is one of them. And I'm fully capable of "immersing" myself fully in both the music and game. And it's funny that you mention FPS and RPG because those are basically the only games I play while listening to music. I need heavy music to get me into the mood of going ballistic on people in FPSs and (I use to play RPGs) RPGs are too boring without your own music. And I don't know about you, I play games because they are entertaining, not to escape reality as you describe your experience to be.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 18:15:33

At 6/15/08 06:03 PM, PolishMatt wrote: I don't agree with you at all. As I said before that there are a few games I would consider watching the cut scenes for, MGS is one of them.

I need a story for a game, unless it's ridiculously frantic quick paced madness like Contra or something. Metal Gear Solid 4 was more for finding out what happens to the characters from my favourite game series rather than having a new game to play.

And I'm fully capable of "immersing" myself fully in both the music and game. And it's funny that you mention FPS and RPG because those are basically the only games I play while listening to music.

I'm sorry, but while fighting Liquid to "The Final Countdown" would have been pretty awesome, it would not have had the same impact as when you get him into the third phase of the fight, and "Snake Eater" plays.

I need heavy music to get me into the mood of going ballistic on people in FPSs

I can't do Contra III without some like Rancid on in the background, so I agree here.

and (I use to play RPGs) RPGs are too boring without your own music.

RPGs are just shit all together, they don't count.

And I don't know about you, I play games because they are entertaining, not to escape reality as you describe your experience to be.

If you're not immersed in a game, film, book or any other storytelling medium, you don't care for the characters, and as such aren't bothered what happens to them. If you don't care what happens to them, tension cannot exist, a sense of urgency cannot be created, and the plot just falls apart. You're not getting the full experience if you're talking to a friend, or listening to music, or eating something or whatever while you're playing a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 18:15:52

they played in portree villiage hall (of all places!) near where i live last september, put on a great show. i'd say my favourite ever gig was seeing neil young in edinburgh, guitar playing was orgasmic. such a passionate performance too, total legend.

RZZZZZZ

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 18:21:05

Also, in more Metal Gear related news, I've been listening to "Snake Eater" on repeat for about 45 minutes now. That's going to fucking butcher my weekly chart next week.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 18:34:14

At 6/15/08 08:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, is anyone else sad enough to keep the tickets from all the gigs they go to? I've got all of mine apart from one, which was Dropkick Murphys and Less Than Jake in 2006. Still, it's hardly a lot, I've only been to 9 gigs, and only 7 different bands (not counting support).

I'm keeping my Rush ticket :) I really wish I could of seen Maiden perform :( I missed it. I hdeard Bodom was awesome aswell.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 20:07:36

Wolfe Tones in my charts for the first time in forever. Same for Anti-Flag.

Last.Fm Club

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2008-06-15 21:54:57

Meh.

Last.Fm Club

BBS Signature