00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mansedanse '07

920 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 11:35:03

There's an electronic music festival in Finland running from October 4-7 called manSEDANse, featuring live electronic music. "Big deal," you say. "There's lots of festivals with live electronic stuff." Well, here's the awesome part:
On the 7th, all of the music will be played live over the internet from DJs and producers all over the world. It'll be accompanied by some live art - live photoshopping, live drawing, live videos - ALSO streamed over the net.

AND I'M GONNA BE PLAYING!!!!111! :D:D:D

So you all should jack in on Sunday and check me out. It's gonna be a 12-hour thing, from 1PM to 1AM central Europe time (whenever that is).
Here's the thing - I'm scared. Any tips from the pros?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 11:40:17

Tips??? Biggest tip, just enjoy it man. You'll play better if your enjoying it.

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 11:50:02

The theme this year is idm/techno/dubstep, that sorta thing...and I haven't done too much of that - especially live. Has anyone else had experience doing that sorta thing?
Ooo! If you guys wanna contribute some samples, I might be able to incorporate them. :D

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 12:45:49

I've recently done a gig with a friend who plays classical piano. I wrote some IDM, breaks and drum and bass tunes which he played over. All I really did live was link up a midi keyboard and control some of the filters. The real pressure was on him I suppose. It worked out well though...

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 18:43:41

At 10/1/07 12:45 PM, Jimbobsthebest wrote: ...All I really did live was link up a midi keyboard and control some of the filters. The real pressure was on him I suppose. It worked out well though...

Yeah, I'm planning on just writing an hour-long thing this week and trigger drum effects & some filters live. Any better methods?

BBS Signature

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-01 21:33:09

I put the site in my RSS feed, so it'd better be good, lol

Pretty sweet that you get to do that though man.

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-02 08:42:49

At 10/1/07 12:45 PM, Jimbobsthebest wrote: I've recently done a gig with a friend who plays classical piano. I wrote some IDM, breaks and drum and bass tunes which he played over. All I really did live was link up a midi keyboard and control some of the filters. The real pressure was on him I suppose. It worked out well though...

ive done some live shit...but a while back not latly

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-06 00:35:00

Update posted on my profile.
Oooo...can't wait! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-07 19:13:00

I'm on in about 20 mins...
Go to www.tpolm.com for the link to the radio stream. I have about 20 mins worth of material :P

BBS Signature

Response to Mansedanse '07 2007-10-07 22:11:34

Well, the broadcast sucked. My internet kept cutting in and out...
Download the full thing right here! 23:39 and 32.49 MB

BBS Signature