00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movie Viewers Association

65,572 Views | 1,032 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 11:58:36

At 9/29/03 11:56 AM, DocMonster wrote:
At 9/29/03 11:33 AM, babydumdum wrote:
John Woo films
He's either hit or miss with me though he's definitely earned his "overrated" status more than Ang Lee has.

Ya know, that didn't come out right. What I meant to say is John Woo is definitely NOT as overrated as Ang Lee. English as a second language, who knew?!

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 12:29:09

I think Matrix 1 had a much better storyline than the second one. Altough there was more action in the second one, the first one is more thrilling and makes more sense

Matrix I 9/10

Matrix II 6/10

Terminator 3 was a good movie in my opinion. I thought that it will lost is touch, but it didn't.

I was pretty excited, very good actors too :) 9/10

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 12:40:16

At 9/29/03 12:29 PM, KoRnFreakeR wrote: I think Matrix 1 had a much better storyline than the second one. Altough there was more action in the second one, the first one is more thrilling and makes more sense

I agree. Though the second film had "more action", the scenes were far too long and stopped being interesting after a while. Also, in the first film, Neo could have gotten his ass handed to him at any time so I felt anxious when he got into fights. In the second film there was no fear of that. He was all powerful so I was confident that truck loads of Smiths wouldn't be able to do much damage to him if any. They tried making him seem vulnerable when the guy cut his hand with to sword, but it was a lame attempt. Neo had just finished blocking the blade of a sword with his hand and came away with only a nick. Maybe it's just me, but something tells me anyone else would have gotten their hand chopped off. It had all the excitement of watching ice melt.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 12:49:09

At 9/29/03 12:40 PM, DocMonster wrote: I agree. Though the second film had "more action", the scenes were far too long and stopped being interesting after a while. Also, in the first film, Neo could have gotten his ass handed to him at any time so I felt anxious when he got into fights.

The fights looked good at the beginning, but they got really boring, you knew what would come...

In the second film there was no fear of that. He was all powerful so I was confident that truck loads of Smiths wouldn't be able to do much damage to him if any. They tried making him seem vulnerable when the guy cut his hand with to sword, but it was a lame attempt. Neo had just finished blocking the blade of a sword with his hand and came away with only a nick. Maybe it's just me, but something tells me anyone else would have gotten their hand chopped off. It had all the excitement of watching ice melt.

Agreed. I don't know what I should add to this, it's just true. The excitement was there, in my opinion, but it was on a very low level

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 16:05:30

At 9/29/03 11:33 AM, babydumdum wrote: hey can i join?

Sure. Nice variety there. :)

Okay, so let's list the movies we're anticipating in theatres. For help, and for info as to where i found these movies, www.upcomingmovies.com. Great site.

Indiana Jones (WITH HARRISON FORD!)

The Haunted Mansion

Peter Pan (Non Disney, targeting an older age group, and an ACTUAL young boy in the lead title, not Robin Williams or some chick.)

Back To The Future (Yep, they're making another one.. I just hope they do it right. And it probably won't have Fox though, right?)

That's all I can remember right now. I'll check back to the site later, and list some more.

I currently want to see School of Rock and Duplex.

Duplex because I'm a fan of Ben Stiller, and because they filmed it a couple blocks from my house and I got to meet Stiller, Drew Barrymore, and Danny DeVito.

School of Rock mostly because Jack Black is good if you're in the mood for idiotic humour, and it's a good popcorn flick. I can just turn my mind off and enjoy. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-29 19:13:38

At 9/29/03 11:56 AM, DocMonster wrote: If you meant the first "Matrix" then I agree. I thought the second one was a boring mess. I have absolutely no interest in seeing the third one. I'll wait for cable.

i agree, what could the third one possibly be about anyway? Neo learns he can kick people asses for 40 minutes in more than one way?

in response to hatter; TARENTINO'S COMING BACK!!!!!
kill bill:bolume 1 comes out in 2004, its gonna be awesome

also, the follow up to Underworld, Van Hellsing comes out in 04, along with Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Hellboy,and Hero (Jet Li is such a badass)

but in more recent movies i definitely want to see the school of rock (jack black is the man), The Returner (not sure why, just looks pretty cool), and i still havent seen matchstick men!!! maybe friday...

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-30 04:11:42

At 9/29/03 04:05 PM, hatterofmad wrote:

uck not again i can just about watch the others without yawning

The Haunted Mansion

hasn't that been out before?

Peter Pan (Non Disney, targeting an older age group, and an ACTUAL young boy in the lead title, not Robin Williams or some chick.)

when will they stop making this story into a film argh!

Back To The Future (Yep, they're making another one.. I just hope they do it right. And it probably won't have Fox though, right?)

argh run for the hills lol

:I currently want to see School of Rock and Duplex.

haven't heard about either of them. ah the joys of living in england

thx for the compliment about my "different" kinda films. i prefer to watch stuff no one else has and then confuse them hehe. i also like "bless this child" something kinda different goes with "the others" and "the gift"

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-09-30 20:36:21

At 9/30/03 04:11 AM, babydumdum wrote:
At 9/29/03 04:05 PM, hatterofmad wrote:
uck not again i can just about watch the others without yawning

Awww, Ford is the man.

I've had too much homework to be able to see ANYTHING in like the past month... Damn.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 01:46:36

i must be the only damn peorson in this club that hasnt seen any of the terminator movies. i feel so insignificant now, thanx... as biteme has probably said, we are going through the Nightmare on Elm Street series now, which is pretty good. last weekend i saw 6 movies. in the series above # 2 and 3, LOTR 1 and 2, The Little Mermaid two (i was watching some kids... and hey, the first one was my favorite movie as a child) and almost famous. i watched almost famous about 5 times in two days. what can i say, its a good movie. and i love LOTR, im also a fan of fantasy... heeheehee... i love Legolas. not Orlando... hes cute too, but the character of Legolas is the perfect guy to me. he can fire a damn good shot.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 03:56:00

Twelve monkeys will be on TV again soon, I mus watch it, I love this movie, great storyline and awesome actors. Bruce Willis is great

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 04:11:35

12 monkeys was ok, got kinda lost though. its much better than 28 days later. i hate to say this (as it was a uk film) but that film was BAD. might go and see tears of the sun, my bf wants to see it and since I can only drive looks like i'm being dragged along. anyone seen that yet

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 21:39:47

At 10/1/03 03:56 AM, KoRnFreakeR wrote: Twelve monkeys will be on TV again soon, I mus watch it, I love this movie, great storyline and awesome actors. Bruce Willis is great

Yeah. Awesome movie. I like Brad Pitt alot, too.

And nope, haven't seen Tears Of The Sun.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 21:40:31

HOO-AH!

Hello all. Back from a short hiatus. Had quite a lot of work to do recently for various classes.

Saw parts of "Scent of a Woman". Oh, God, was that funny. I nearly died in my seat when they did the Ferrari scene.
"Charlie, tell me when to turn."
"No!"
"Look, either you tell me or I guess. Take your pick."
I think if I can, I will go out and rent that movie. Maybe blockbuster won't know about the 3 movies that I have had from that since early June of last year. Hehehehehe....

I think I might just go on a Al Pacino renting spree. Pick up Scent, get Scarface, and one extra. See, I can do that now that I have a JOB! jobiyty job job job. What ya all think option #3 should be?

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-01 21:44:50

the devils advocate

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-02 05:56:50

At 10/1/03 09:40 PM, Stack_o_Cups wrote:

Saw parts of "Scent of a Woman".
i love that movie, i got to see it again

Scarface
ok, wasn't really my thing

the devil's advocate
ok again, great story line, but did it totally wrong like "ghost ship"

any one seen copland with sly stallone. kinda cool, lol and if you wanna see him with LOTS of weight

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-02 23:54:52

Hey, I haven't been by here lately so I figured I'd drop by and check up on this thread. Too bad I don't really have anything to add to previous conversation, so I'll just go on about what I've been up to for the past three or four days.

As you all know, I've been going through the Nightmare on Elm Street series and I'm now all the way past the fifth one (which turned out to be a piece of crap). I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master just a few nights ago, and as for Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, I finished that just a few hours ago. Right now, Nightmare on Elm Street 4's probably my favourite one. Feel free to check the Classic Horror Movies Club thread for more information on that.

Hmm... Since my last two threads were about movies, I might as well drop links to those in here too. The threads are called Jason's 10 Best Kills! and The Search For The New James Bond!, so be sure to leave a few posts in there. I could really use a few more replies in those threads. Oh well, enough out of me for now. I'll be sure to drop by the next time I watch another Nightmare on Elm Street flick. Later!

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-03 01:12:13

i saw the other The In Crowd the other day... it was on tv. i remember seeing that movie years ago with batmans_sidekick and we both loved it- though i never thought that so many years later i would still enjoy it. anyone remember this movie?

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-03 22:28:46

Just saw School Of Rock.

You know, it was another one of those so-so movies.

Sure, it made me laugh alot, but nothing to add to my collection. :P

6/10

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 00:10:39

KILL BILL UPDATE
out October 10th (volume 1)
and
Volume 2 is out February 24th

I CANT WAIT!

Quentin Terantino is god

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 00:29:33

Hatter i would like to join your fine club. This sounds like something I could really get into...just as a question whats everyones top 5 movies?

Mine are (in no spec. order)
1:Bowling For Columbine
2:Clockwork Orange
3:Animal House
4:Scarface
5:Taxi Driver

All brilliant films...

(PS I cant wait till Kill Bill comes out^_^)

(PPS I know this is your own pic hatter but this Association well deserves it.)

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 10:24:21

At 10/4/03 12:29 AM, Unchain wrote: Hatter i would like to join your fine club. This sounds like something I could really get into...just as a question whats everyones top 5 movies?

Hello. You are welcome to the club, but it's Hatter's final call. Anyway, my fav. movies are Snatch, Godspell, Fight Club, Young Frankenstein, the Italian Job, and Fight Club.

Saw the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers last night. We rented it. Oh, that is a good movie. Lots and lots and lots and lots of fighting and smacking and coolness. Too bad my gf hated it. But I feel bad for that princess of Rohan, the one that wants Aragorn. She doesn't quite fully realize that he is still in love with the elf. Poor gal. Anyway, it hads me glued for three hours. Good movie, and the next one is right around the corner!!! Yummy yummy yummy.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 11:02:31

At 10/4/03 10:24 AM, Stack_o_Cups wrote: Hello. You are welcome to the club, but it's Hatter's final call. Anyway, my fav. movies are Snatch, Godspell, Fight Club, Young Frankenstein, the Italian Job, and Fight Club.

I like all those movies too, but haven't seen Snatch. Heard it was good...I might check it out today.

Saw the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers last night.Good movie, and the next one is right around the corner!!! Yummy yummy yummy.

I agree it was a great movie. I liked it a lot.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 11:17:44

Can I join? My favorite movies were, not in this order of course::

The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring;The Two Towers
Terminator 2&3
Scary Movie 1&2
Resident Evil
Romeo Must Die
Exit Wounds
and Star Wars (ther whole series, but Ep2 was the best)

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 11:28:08

At 10/4/03 11:17 AM, Nemesis_remix wrote: Can I join? My favorite movies were, not in this order of course::

Again, it's Hatter's final call.

You liked SW: Ep. 2?! We are of course talkng about the movie that most recently came out, right? Listen, that movie was shit. I don't like to call any movie shit, because there is obviously lots of effort put into every movie. But that movie was still shit. Bad acting, oddball plot - it really didn't live up to it's namesake. The first 3, New Hope - ROTJ, they are great. These new ones suck ass. Th only good acting job in the whole damn movie came from Yoda the damn puppet. Ugh, now you have gotten me started.

Final Word: New Star wars suck ass except for Liam Neelson (?). I like him. He's good.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 12:21:41

I loved Ep2 except the Anakin angle cause he cries like a little bitch in the movie. I loved the story and the whole idea of explaining everything leading up 2 the other Star Wars, New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and that other one

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-04 22:19:15

At 10/4/03 11:17 AM, Nemesis_remix wrote: Can I join? My favorite movies were, not in this order of course::

The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring;The Two Towers

goodness

Terminator 2&3

meh...

Scary Movie 1&2

you laugh the first time you see it and thats about it

Resident Evil

sorry, no video game movies for me...

Romeo Must Die

Jet Li is the fuckin man! but the movie was alright

Exit Wounds

havent seen it..

i personally think star wars is very overrated, but to say that episode 3 is the best takes the cake. these new movies are rushed and have mediocre stories, but incredible marketing. thats where the moneys at anyway...

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-05 00:35:28

At 10/4/03 10:19 PM, Onechamberleft wrote: CRAP, CRAP, repeat.

I agree w/ you, but I saw Exit Wounds. Standard Seagal Flick, OK.

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-05 00:52:34

i just watched a Jet Li movie "Meltdown". its pretty good but its amazing how different the chinese comedy is from america, they think a guy jumping into a pool with no water is hilarious, while we find it retarded. but it was pretty good except how he only faught about 3 times and the final fight scene wasnt including him at all. but my favorite Jet Li movie is still some movie i forget the name, i think its something about ancient china and hes some martial arts guy. anyone know what im talkin about?

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-05 10:51:29

well here's all the Jet Li movies that i know of::

Black Mask
Jet Li's Enforcer
Romeo Must Die
Kiss of the Dragon
The One
From Cradle 2 the Grave

those are his most recent anyway. So can I join?

Response to Movie Viewers Association 2003-10-05 13:41:43

Hoo-ah!

We went on a renting spree. We rented three movies: Rocky Horror, Chicago, and Spinal Tap.

We were talking about Rocky Horror, about it being a cult flick. We were trying to decide what exactly makes a cult flick, and we were having some trouble. So therefore I figured I would petition the most knowledgeble people I know of. What makes a cult flick?