00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My art - Jesus wept.

3,982 Views | 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 08:58:17

Ohorseman , do you have an account in polykarbon bbs?

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 17:10:04

Horseman , i said , do you have a polykarbon account?

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 17:18:37

At 8/10/07 06:13 AM, test-object wrote: Your lack of posts, being lvl 1 and uncostumized profile made me think you stole it.
However, since you're typing like a pro, I must say: Simply Impossible beautiful.

Congratulations!

Eww... don't judge people based on those stats, they're pretty much meaningless.

I don't want to read any posts accusing anyone of art theft unless you have some real evidence to back it up.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 17:30:17

I do have evidence to back up theft , but i am expecting for the original poster's reply.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 19:38:35

Fine , what do you have to say about this?

http://polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?
t=19018

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 19:39:54

you are MOST talented! I'm really loving the black and white picture more so than that colored. Both are AMAZING though.

I wish I could draw like that.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 20:49:50

My bet is that he stole it , maybe he did maybe he did'nt.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 20:53:25

Fucking amazing piece of work there.

I wish i had a tiny fraction of your talent.

Dont really care if its "stolen" or not, either way the artist is amazing. Seriously fucking amazing. keep up the work, you should post more of it here im sure a LOT of people would appriciate it, I certainly would.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 21:19:29

At 8/10/07 07:38 PM, CyprusX wrote: Fine , what do you have to say about this?

t=19018

Well, the site there:
Polykarbon, links to the blogspot page
that our original poster linked to.

I'm gonna say this is not stolen, and is, in fact, FREAKING BADASS, even though it is religious (which I have no problem with, but it isn't that common on NG)

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 23:03:59

At 8/10/07 07:38 PM, CyprusX wrote: Fine , what do you have to say about this?

t=19018

I say, "yes, that is my thread". The hint that the thread is mine is in my last post. Notice that the photobucket file name has "g.owen" in it, which is my username at ploykarbon. Like I indicated, I go everywhere. Anyway, here is the picture that is was trying to show at that post. I forgot that images do not show here unless you upload.

My art - Jesus wept.

www.leadethme.blogspot.com

So what... we are all human and do such things.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-10 23:31:39

At 8/10/07 08:49 PM, CyprusX wrote: My bet is that he stole it , maybe he did maybe he did'nt.

What the fuck have I been saying? Do NOT accuse of art theft without any fucking evidence of such. Piss off.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 09:34:59

Oh well , sorry about that Owen , but the fact that you did'nt reply to my post , the fact that your profile lacks information about yourself , and overall a great portion of newgrounds members are scammers, i had to clear this out , also mr blackmarketcraig whatever , that's not a reason to ban me , please chill out , i don't want to say " fuck you " to a mod , if you know what i mean.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 10:22:01

At 8/11/07 09:34 AM, KF-mwh-BK-toas wrote: Oh well , sorry about that Owen , but the fact that you did'nt reply to my post , the fact that your profile lacks information about yourself , and overall a great portion of newgrounds members are scammers, i had to clear this out , also mr blackmarketcraig whatever , that's not a reason to ban me , please chill out , i don't want to say " fuck you " to a mod , if you know what i mean.

It is my opinion that forums actually NEED people like you. Really. It helps keep people honest. I say, "ban him, no way. GIVE HIM A JOB!"

I wonder why my little avatar thingie is not showing up?

My art - Jesus wept.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 13:10:37

At 8/11/07 10:22 AM, Ohorseman wrote:

I wonder why my little avatar thingie is not showing up?

They seem not to work for people other than admins >:(

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 14:14:38

holy shit did y draw that if so your a heel of alot better than me

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 21:08:07

WOw, very realistic. Did you used any references at all, or did you drew all that straight from your head? Either way, you still have to be very talented=]

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 21:37:28

At 8/11/07 09:34 AM, KF-mwh-BK-toas wrote: Oh well , sorry about that Owen , but the fact that you did'nt reply to my post , the fact that your profile lacks information about yourself , and overall a great portion of newgrounds members are scammers, i had to clear this out , also mr blackmarketcraig whatever , that's not a reason to ban me , please chill out , i don't want to say " fuck you " to a mod , if you know what i mean.

I've had friends who have been accused of tracing and/or stealing artwork, when I know for a fact that they did no such thing. It's an awful thing to be treated like a phony when something that you've put a lot of time and effort into gets hit with "OMG ART THIEF!!11!" That's why I said you need evidence to back it up. If you think something is stolen or traced you go out and gather that evidence without shooting your mouth off first. Get the evidence THEN post. It's idiotic to cry wolf before you've even looked into something. Get it in your head that there are talented people who do amazing artwork in the world. Give them their Due Process; innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, that's how people are tried in the US. Have a little respect.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 21:49:35

Blackmarketcraig, something you did not know.

Me and Owen belong are both members of an art community called Polykarbon ,
i already saw his work long time ago there , and i congratulated him for his skill and i still do.
Seeing something from polykarbon in such a rotten place such as the newgrounds bbs caused a stirring in my guts.
Maybe i overreacted.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 22:02:44

At 8/11/07 09:49 PM, KF-mwh-BK-toas wrote: Blackmarketcraig, something you did not know.

Me and Owen belong are both members of an art community called Polykarbon ,
i already saw his work long time ago there , and i congratulated him for his skill and i still do.
Seeing something from polykarbon in such a rotten place such as the newgrounds bbs caused a stirring in my guts.
Maybe i overreacted.

No, I read your posts about Polykarbon, it doesn't strike me as particularly odd to have a piece of art in many different places. You said it's probably stolen, that's your mistake, you jumped the gun. If you had found it on a professional illustrators site other than the one Ohorseman gave, that would be grounds for questioning the origin. But having it in another forum or their own art account on a site like deviantArt or such is nothing. I said I'd ban for accusing of theft without proof and that's what I'm going to do.

Also, posting with an alt while banned is an offense you can have both your accounts deleted for. So think about that before you shoot your mouth off again.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 22:30:14

At 8/10/07 08:49 PM, CyprusX wrote: My bet is that he stole it , maybe he did maybe he did'nt.

I said maybe he stole it , maybe he did'nt.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 23:05:09

At 8/11/07 09:08 PM, JepMZ wrote: WOw, very realistic. Did you used any references at all, or did you drew all that straight from your head? Either way, you still have to be very talented=]

Yeah, I always use reference. I can draw from my head, but I am never satisfied when I do - because it sux. This may be more than what you asked for, but here is the response about reference:

Geneticists say the DNA of Kurds and Armenians are closest to that of the ancient Israelite (how they know this is beyond me). Makes sense though, because Abraham (father of the Jews) came from this area (which is in southeastern Turkey). He migrated to the area of Israel. So, I found many faces of these peoples (mostly Kurds) and copied them in a reference folder. Then I used this reference to justify my selected features (and those are my hands). I think that the approach is a little biased though - because I found myself favoring the more European features. So, I may have ended with a face that is not very representative of the reference peoples. I could go on and on - but then you guys may get bored here.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 23:08:10

At 8/11/07 10:30 PM, KF-mwh-BK-toas wrote:
I said maybe he stole it , maybe he did'nt.

Quote: "My bet is that he stole it , maybe he did maybe he did'nt."

I'm saying give people the benefit of the doubt. You're saying that you think he stole it with nothing to back it up. I'm saying don't do that, it's demeaning. Imagine how you'd feel if you were accused of something you didn't do, it sucks, and since you're breaking the rules by posting with an alt I have no choice but to extend the ban on your main account and ban your alt as well.

Anyway, this is the kind of thing that should be discussed in the PM system, since we're obviously wrecking this artists thread. You have a problem with me trying to do my job and keep the forum a positive place, take it up with me through PM..

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-11 23:48:56

Wow, I like how you came up with your own interpretation there using history and such. Not bad. You are very talented in more ways than one. Please, do us all a favor and show us some more art!

Currently listening to:Feeling Good -Eels

||Buy Some Sweet Shirts, k?||

||USERPAGE||

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-12 15:11:29

At 8/11/07 11:48 PM, ExtraTim wrote: Wow, I like how you came up with your own interpretation there using history and such. Not bad. You are very talented in more ways than one. Please, do us all a favor and show us some more art!

Want more art? My recent stuff is not available - because the files are larger than 150K. So for now, I can just show you some of my older stuff. Here is some pencil work (before coloring) from the on-line comic, Tempt the Messiah. It is about the temptation of Christ in the desert, on the temple mount, and then on a mountain.

http://home.windstream.net/themessiah

My art - Jesus wept.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-12 22:46:17

Your stuff is seriously phenomenal. The black and white pieces are nearly photo-level realistic, and your colored work is done beautifully. I am not exaggerating when I say that your art is as good as any of the 'real' artists throughout history.

Keep it up, man, you've got an incredible talent.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-19 14:54:12

Anybody know how to make your won avatar show up here? I converted it to giff and uploaded it at the right size. It shows up in my profile, but not on my posts.

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-19 16:49:16

At 8/19/07 02:54 PM, Ohorseman wrote: Anybody know how to make your won avatar show up here? I converted it to giff and uploaded it at the right size. It shows up in my profile, but not on my posts.

Only certain people can do that.

And by certain people, I mean the admins of the site and a few other select people like MindChamber.

The only way to change the pic next to your posts is to level up by going into the Flash portal and voting on 5 movies or games that are submitted to get +10xp per day (max).

The levels and the xp required to get them

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-19 16:50:31

I'm sorry, but very little of your comic looks like you actually drew it most of it looks like those cheap ass picture effects that they add to photos like in those stupid photo booths in the mall.
or there's software including photoshop and studio artis that do things like this
http://www.synthetik.com/
some of the faces actually look painted, but for the most part all of that can be achieved by simply manipulating photos

My art - Jesus wept.

BBS Signature

Response to My art - Jesus wept. 2007-08-19 17:48:11

That is because the backgrounds are often photos that have been manipulated - especially in part 2 (the holy city). I explain these things in detail at my blogspot (which you can access at the bottom of part 3). The characters are drawn in pencil though. And my recent work is entirely pencil and digital painting - no filters or effects.

Look at this sample from the comic closely. You should be able to see the pencil work here, which looks quite different from the contour filter effect that is applied to the photo above. Good eye though; and you are partially right.

My art - Jesus wept.