00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39

3,632 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Date: 31/7 - 6/8

This Week's Topic - Outcast healer ---------------------------- Create a species that could heal humans but was cast out and hunted by humanity.

i.e., my creature, which would heal humans, but was ostracized because of it's appearance and the fact that it fed on the bodies of humans that weren't saved

Rules:
- No MsPaint
- No Animals
- NO Human Likeness
- Only one finished entry per User
- Make a description for your creature
- Only JPEG format is allowed
- Create NEW art, don't post something old you've made
- Take time on your art, terrible artwork will not be accepted in the voting thread
- Creature MUST be relevant to the subject

Yeah, this is my first, and probably only, cow. I won't be participating in the next few because... I just won't. =P

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-07-31 22:36:24

Oooo, good topic. I might do this week... then again, I might not. We'll see.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-07-31 22:45:27

ill be doing this one

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-07-31 23:09:36

RAWR healers ... I have ze ideas now :)

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-07-31 23:43:54

I just need to know if this is a bit too human like ... his other hand PWNS but im still dealing with the lower part of it.

WIP

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 08:05:35

At 7/31/07 11:43 PM, Frolikyn wrote: I just need to know if this is a bit too human like ... his other hand PWNS but im still dealing with the lower part of it.

WIP

Look creatureish enough, but maybe some wings or something would help reinforce that,
It also depends on what texture you use for the skin, don't do something too humanlike. =)

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 20:33:11

At 8/1/07 08:05 AM, PandaMime wrote:
Look creatureish enough, but maybe some wings or something would help reinforce that,
It also depends on what texture you use for the skin, don't do something too humanlike. =)

Sorry for double post, but I'm bumping this goddamn thread!

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 20:39:42

I like the latter one better. You guys are good! XD

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 20:40:24

Nursy

This creature attaches itself to medicine or health care things since birth.
Recent studies have proved that this kind of species would take care in a medical way of any sick or injured person.
Its such an UGLEH organism that people would rather ditch the whole medical stuff with " Nursies " and go pay a guy with some PhD stuff in their walls.

Wolverine FTW

----------------------------------

NO MRE ENTRIES ?? >:c

this is my first COW with ze tablet :3 lovely

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 21:01:26

my, that is more than humanlike, its E.T. ish

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 21:03:54

At 8/1/07 09:01 PM, kronk1 wrote: its E.T. ish

I was looking at the crazerfish art thread and it gave me the inspiration to begin drawing something very ugly.

WE NEED MORE ENTRIES ... YOU GOT TIME! DRAW UR COWS!

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 21:13:03

wow these look freaking awesome!

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 21:27:38

At 8/1/07 09:13 PM, ngmastah wrote: wow these look freaking awesome!

All one of them?
Submit summit!

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 21:30:02

wow this thread is freaking lonely.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-01 23:59:22

i wanted to do more with this but i wasnt happy with it at all during any part of makingit. so i finaly decided to stop and this was the result

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 00:01:55

yea frolykin's is the shit

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 00:11:10

At 8/1/07 11:59 PM, Avoe17 wrote: i wanted to do more with this but i wasnt happy with it at all during any part of making it. so i finally decided to stop and this was the result

You can give a description and well be very happy and dance around the bonfires dancing and all.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 00:53:00

I hope this doesn't count as an animal, this is also kinda like Frolikyn's submission but oh well.

Sergant Squid

He's a squid who uses his multible arms to excell in sergery. Of course, noone wanted a squid operating on them, so he ran away.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 16:30:42

At 8/2/07 02:41 AM, fetusdoctor wrote: his shit

Wish i could poo some rainbows now and then.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 18:53:10

I thought this was an interesting topic, so I gave this week a chance

Outcast Healer - Landeron

This friendly creature lives in wastelands and has always sought out humans for company.
Long spiky horns are growing out of its back, filled with nectar. This particular nectar is famous for its healing powers. It can cure the most common diseases like a cold or a fever instantly. It doesn't take that long for the horns to grow to their full size. And when the time is right, they will loosen up and be ready for removal. The Landeron does also use the horns for protection against other animals in the wild. But they will never attack a human for no reason.

Sadly they are not as popular these days as they have been. This is the cause of the people who treat these animals poorly. In some cases landerons have been found, stoned to death by youngsters. The landerons seek out people and some people take advantage of this in horrible ways. This creature's respect for the humans is slowly fading away. And this is none other than the humans fault.

There has been incidents when Landerons have killed humans, but only in self defense. But people doesn't understand this. They are instead acting more and more frightened and aggressive against the creatures. Now they may face extinction, but they only came here in the beginning to help us.

HiDef

My art thread

: I'm sometimes CornMan.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 19:48:28

At 8/2/07 06:53 PM, Zhacross wrote: I thought this was an interesting topic, so I gave this week a chance

Thank you! (for both parts of that sentence)

What brush did you use for that ground? I need help doing phot-textures =0

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 20:40:38

At 8/2/07 06:53 PM, Zhacross wrote: Outcast Healer - Landeron

I like the textures and all those cheesy details ... Descriptions really fits its expression D:

- ZE TIP -

Maybe u could have added the skin some scales or reptilian like skin using a displacement map.

Aborted bowser lol

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 21:00:36

Finally, some new stuff! Alright, here's Acann, only a WIP though. By the way, the lower sphere facial is sending out gas-like energy, not hurling XD

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-02 22:39:19

I havent come up with a name yet, but I will before voting is commenced!

This creature was documented in the early times of man. They were sacred as they could heal any human injury with only a simple trade/sacrifice of a healthy lamb. Many were known to be blind, just because of the effects of their magic. Any time they would heal a human, it would take a small part of themselves. Humans who recieved treatment from these creatures were documented to have abnormally long and healthy lives.

As time passed, the villigaes with these creatures were ambused by evil demons in pursuit of obtaining the creatures. Village after villiage was destroyed and it was eventually decided that for the safety of the remaining humans, these creatures had to be removed from any human contact. Though as useful as they were, the death rate of humans was greatly higher than the birth rate due to the attacks. All remaining creatures were sent into deep jungles, and safely away from the demons who desired their flesh. Today, there are a legends of this magnificent creature, and some people have claimed to have seen it, but no one is for sure if they still exist, or if they ever existed in the first place.

I'm really happy with this piece, more than you'll ever know! :3 It came out better than I thought it would

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 00:06:08

At 8/2/07 10:39 PM, Temariix wrote: I havent come up with a name yet, but I will before voting is commenced!

Looking good :) U can name it " Morphin "

Finally, some new stuff! Alright, here's Acann, only a WIP though. By the way, the lower sphere facial is sending out gas-like energy, not hurling XD

Please finish it ... the thread is lacking some creatures :(

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 04:15:45

At 8/2/07 07:48 PM, PandaMime wrote:
Thank you! (for both parts of that sentence)

What brush did you use for that ground? I need help doing phot-textures =0

I didn't use any special bushes. Just the regular one for base color and some shadows. Then I simply snatched a texture and lowered its opacity. This week's topic was quite original compared to the Chow's these days. ;P

Frolikyn wrote:

I like the textures and all those cheesy details ... Descriptions really fits its expression D:

Thank you. ^__^
Yeah, I was going for a pretty sad background story. And I strained myself to really make him look like an outcast with no way to go.. ;( I'm glad that it did shine through.

Maybe u could have added the skin some scales or reptilian like skin using a displacement map.

Lol, I don't even know what a displacement map is. I've heard the word but I don't know how to use it. Enlighten me? =) BTW: The creature does have reptilian like skin, but it's hard to see if you're not looking at the HiDef version.

My art thread

: I'm sometimes CornMan.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 06:47:03

I know it's shitty, but I wanted to share it with the world...

Clawtrax
Originally from the underworld, clawtrax broke free from their eternal prison and ravaged the earth for more than a thousand years...

Sorry for the shitty editing, but my good graphics software is on my other computer :(

Grafitti Crew, defacing the world since 2006

Tom Fulp is a sexy beast.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 09:13:26

At 8/3/07 12:03 AM, fetusdoctor wrote: I love that one! The water and bubbles are so cool! Photoshop I presume?

Thanks ^_^ And yes, good ole photoshop

And morphin does seem like a pretty cool name..... but I'm still undecided XD

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 11:57:38

not many entrys this week, am I still holding the voting thread?

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week # 39 2007-08-03 13:23:43

At 8/3/07 06:47 AM, AllAmericanPsycho wrote: I know it's shitty, but I wanted to share it with the world...
Clawtrax

Good u drawed something BUT how does it relates to the topic?

not many entry's this week, am I still holding the voting thread?

If u want to, maybe until Saurus comes back or sumthing but let know if u wont do it.