00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Abusive Review Crew

6,846 Views | 47 Replies

The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 21:23:46

The purpose of this club is to help locate abusive reviews on Newgrounds and make sure they get deleted. These are reviews that contain URLs from outside sites, excessive swearing and other inappropriate material.

Until liljim choses the Review Moderators, it is only us and other individuals to locate and flag these reviews.

We will also encourage blowing the whistle on submissions that you are next to 100% sure break the rules.

Here we will post hotspots for abusive of reviews and links to the submissions that contain them in the reviews. So far I have located abusive reviews in the Top 5 all time submissions, and tons of abusive reviews in Lambretta's dress-up games containing links to outside sites.

My current goal is to get our first few members up to a gold whistle.

I haven't made a logo or a slogan though, but I mine as well spend a lot time and make good ones. I don't plan on making a website, but you never know......

Post any of your questions or concerns as I will be happy to reply to them.

Note: I won't require you to put anything in your sig but I will keep a member list.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 21:27:40

The title deterred me for a moment, but this is quite the noble crew. I'd like to help out.
I noticed that in just about any of the top five flash at any time have tons of abusive reviews.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 21:30:17

I'd like to join. I just flagged a few reviews and I have a silver whistle at the moment....

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 21:44:53

At 6/21/03 09:27 PM, PoptartKing wrote: The title deterred me for a moment, but this is quite the noble crew. I'd like to help out.
I noticed that in just about any of the top five flash at any time have tons of abusive reviews.

I can see why the title deterred you.......I would never do that.

Two of the spammer in the top 5 are 12345iscool and layzkid2002.

One of the spammers in Lambretta's dress-up games is this guy named Rambo600 or something.

I'm ashamed of the reviews Negroundzians make for the dress up games, it makes you think most of those people aren't 13 or over.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 22:09:08

At 6/21/03 09:46 PM, Newgrundling wrote: This club could be very good, but it could also be very bad. Be careful. I think it's a good idea to publicize the abusive reviews, but make sure it doesn't turn into a system... like "click this list of links to mark them as abusive" - but more like "here are a list of movies in which you should check out the reviews" - or "check out the front page movies, some guys went through them all spamming outwar."

Of course, that's what I planned to do in the first place. I don't want to end up dead if all the major spammers and rule breakers go away, so that's why I decided we would include encouraging flagging submissions that are against the rules.

As usual, I'm staying out of the club, I'm not into joining clubs. I do frequent some, and am an active participant in others like the CCC.

I don't join or make clubs either, this is an exception.

I also hope review moderators come along soon, along with a few other things I've mentioned to liljim.

Yep, but I don't think they are on the top of his to-do list.

I'm currently the only deity, and only user(s) who match my score or exceed it will be as well.

Stop Bragging......:)

You may find this thread helpful as well:

Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews

It's similar in concept, but not a "club" - I'm not even going to consider this thread as a redundant version of what I just posted, I was waiting for a Club about this... I only hope it turns out well.

Damn.......I never bothered to look in the where is/ how to? section for a similar topic, because the Clubs/crew forum is the only one I thought anyone would start a topic about this idea.

I hope it turns out well too.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-21 23:24:06

well, i feel obligated to join, 1. because i hate outwar, i actually did a few searches through some popular movies/games, and found all this outwar shit, i quickly pushed abusive

also i cant stand people who reveiw like how i used to, if you do a search on my reviews, you would know, i'd put stupid things like "sucky" and copy and past it over and over and take up a whole lot of space..i'm ashamed of it

2. i'm a clubs/crews mole now since the general forum kinda got sucky, and i'm in a bunch of clubs now, i dont know how it happned either..i used to just be in the OCP and created the slacker's crew. oh well, gives me something els to post to and get some self gratification out of making bad reveiwers pay for their outwar adds and idiocy

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-22 07:18:29

Damn, there's a crew out there called The Reviewers Club, and I was going to take the the exact same purposes from them and add it to this club, which are:

-To review a lot, especially movies that don't have many reviews but is hurt by the rating of abusive reviews. This will help re-adjust the review rating.

-To come up with a review guide (not necessarily a FAQ) providing what to do and what not to do in reviews.

-Also, I don't think this is a purpose of The Reviewer's Club, but to not only click "Abusive" for reviews, but also "Yes" and "No". This is because for example, some people could team up on a review (slight possibility) and click abusive, let's say 10 times. Let's also say this review has some helpful tips for the author. By clicking "Yes" we are fighting against the deletion of the (even slightly) helpful review.

That case is not likely to happen but I'm sure there is other scenarios I can think of.

No offence to members of the Reviewers Club, but I hope you fail.....miserably. As you may be wondering why, I have proof that your leader entered my brain and stole my future plans for this club.

Note: We are the ARC for short. Well that's obvious...but now it's official.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-22 07:20:54

Memberlist:

1.PoptartKing
2.KoRnFreakeR
3.Dobio
4.MALforpresident

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-22 09:44:55

I'm closing this club now, because I feel that we are already doing a good enough job individually, and through the topic in the where is/ how to? forum. These should do a good enough job until liljim creates the Review Moderators.

I encourage anyone who is reading this to start or continue to flag abusive and unhelpful reviews, and to review yourself.

I will now be in Rage's topic in the where is/how to forum

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-22 11:43:15

At 6/22/03 11:01 AM, Newgrundling wrote: Would you like it to be locked?

Well, I have no use for it now.......it doesn't matter

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-26 17:13:35

i know 5 outwar spammers, they are talented_kid, Flower_Child, Doreador and Supastar8345, Flower_Child has a profile, look at all his reviews, most are the same and all link to outwar, hope this helped u guys in your noble cause :P

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-29 11:59:26

well , i am mean in my reviews but they r not "illegal" or have links or anythin

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-30 13:43:39

I'd like to join? Are there actu
ally going to be 'Review Moderators?' UI thought it was only a rumour.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-30 21:16:00

just as good as you... got no power

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-06-30 22:11:41

There will be review mods, yes. It is true.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-01 16:14:52

what? tthats cool... can i b 1?

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-01 16:31:05

At 7/1/03 04:14 PM, jagged_r0cks wrote: what? tthats cool... can i b 1?

The first thing not to do is ask.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-03 17:34:32

*michelinman shows up late again* well i'll join.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-14 06:09:40

I'm in too, I don't usually join Crews but I'm totally into marking reviews, I 'patrol' the top 50 entries for abusive reviews every day so count me in. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-14 06:27:34

At 7/14/03 06:09 AM, Bobby_Jenkins wrote: I'm in too, I don't usually join Crews but I'm totally into marking reviews, I 'patrol' the top 50 entries for abusive reviews every day so count me in. :D

Oh sweet jesus!

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-25 17:15:28

i'll join

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-07-31 16:19:24

I'll join,but what should we do once we find an abusive review.Wolfinity,to get your whistle level up you have to blow the whistle loads of times

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-08-05 17:12:02

I know im kinda late, but i'd like to join too.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-09-13 13:41:36

Hell Im In. Do u get a whistle level by flagging reviews asswell?

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-09-13 13:48:53

Wow, this looks cool, can i join?

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2003-12-19 17:56:34

Can I join, I have a silver whistle level right now and would like to get it higher.
For a tip to find Abusive reviews look in sonic the pervert or any other dress up games.

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2004-10-03 15:58:09

Too late To Join? Guess So:\

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2004-10-28 18:03:26

take a look at this, theres loads of flag points

http://www.newgrounds.com/port...date_mr&id=4770&page=1

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2004-11-04 17:34:51

PFFT

NICE IDEA GUYS

THOUGH IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO MARK ALL THE FOAMY MOVIES

OH, NEVERMIND

BBS Signature

Response to The Abusive Review Crew 2004-11-04 23:14:46