00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews

2,267,715 Views | 44,842 Replies

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-25 21:55:39

Uh just a question...

Isn't a review only abuses if it is threatening?

So if a reviewer says "That fuckin sux!" That would make it a bad review, but not abusive.Some of you guys have the wrong idea of abusive reviews, which is why some get garbage whistles.
http://bob.newgrounds.com/news/post/1029 98

Now with a trim fit between the legs, giving your baby the freedom to twist, turn, crawl, and walk. With Triple leak protection.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 05:00:04

At 4/25/08 06:13 PM, Doublelinked wrote: The same thing basically happened to me except I was silver and went to bronze and I've been on but hadn't flagged many reviews lately unless they were so obvious that there was no question about it.
(i.e. ones that say things like **** you and complete incoherent spam)

But when I saw my whistle level go down I thought well maybe I made a mistake or something even though I didn't really flag any borderline and I had been silver for I think 3-4 months and after I got silver I flagged enough abusive reviews that it wouldn't go down without me flagging at least 10 non abusive. But I just kind of shrugged it off and then I read it was happening to others.

Thanks for sharing your testimony. It's still hard me to say if how many abusive reviews were incorrectly marked, but it would seem you and Aci6 knew the difference. ;-)

Now, if I was playing devil's advocate at the moment; I would have asked in light of all of these testimonies.. "How do I know if you weren't lying?". I standby that you guys are giving the truth though its also possible some members just flag incorrectly. Only the numbers behind the system could give any hard evidence.

As for PM'ing an admin I don't like bugging people.

Seeing as this may still be a tangible problem, the admins have the right to know. It would significant help if you submitted your testimony to the admins. ;-)

At 4/25/08 09:55 PM, TheGreatPatten wrote: Uh just a question...

Isn't a review only abuses if it is threatening?

So if a reviewer says "That fuckin sux!" That would make it a bad review, but not abusive.Some of you guys have the wrong idea of abusive reviews, which is why some get garbage whistles.

There's various types of reviews that would be considered abuses, aside from threatening say.. (promotional, SPAM-a-lot, blam this! etc) and I'd have to agree with your comment that that type of review would be useless, but can become abusive if he's leaving these types of reviews, consistently.

http://bob.newgrounds.com/news/post/1029 98

Bob actually is addressing his own type of guideline in that:

In the case of group spam movies (KK for example), if you flag a review that rightly points them out as spammers (i.e. "Get this shit off here", "Stop submitting these!") then you'll be penalized while if it remains to be highly abusive, than the review will be deleted.

For anyone thats interested, I highly recommend checking out Kidray76's Guide to Abusive Reviews as well as some interesting tidbits on the flagging point system at NG FAQ- re-design

At 4/25/08 10:27 PM, TyPah wrote:
Please continue updating this because most of 'em don't exist anymore! At the bottom ofthis review page, there is an abusive review.

Those reviews have been long been deleted. I suggest you stick with all the latest findings and use your judgement when differing between what is useless, and what is abusive. :-)

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 05:11:22

Tell me, what are flashes like this one doing on Newgrounds?
Nevertheless, it attracts bad reviews.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 05:29:01

At 4/26/08 05:11 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Tell me, what are flashes like this one doing on Newgrounds?
Nevertheless, it attracts bad reviews.

Newgrounds: Everything, By Everyone. There'll always be idiots who'll abuse this freedom.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 06:49:31

At 4/26/08 05:11 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Tell me, what are flashes like this one doing on Newgrounds?

Spoke the KK member...

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 07:13:38

Being better than everything on the top 50.

wolf piss

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 08:41:22

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/reviews /436696

Spazzling, M0ng0li4nb100d, hamzaaaaaa

wolf piss

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 10:20:38

Hello.

Being demoted to Silver pissed me off a bit, which is why I haven't really been around.

However, I found a nice bunch of abusive reviews here...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/reviews /344813/17/score

A lot of angry emos, lol.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 10:26:16

At 4/26/08 08:41 AM, LordZeebmork wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/reviews /436696

Spazzling, M0ng0li4nb100d, hamzaaaaaa

Dammit, that's a spam submission. :\

Don't flag abusive reviews for spam submissions, or you will lose whistle points.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 10:33:32

http://sqrll.newgrounds.com/

Ah...I'm really sorry for this triple post, but I don't have long left, and I don't know when I will be next on.

Lots of spammy reviews on the second page, and some abusive ones on the first page.

There's a few here, enjoy your whisple points. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 11:48:37

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:06:19

At 4/26/08 10:26 AM, Black-Ops wrote: Dammit, that's a spam submission. :\

Don't flag abusive reviews for spam submissions, or you will lose whistle points.

From what I heard, reviews like "Blam this!!!11" and "GO DIE YOU FUCKING SHIT FUCK CUNT ASS FUCK" can still be flagged, but reviews like "Stop submitting these" aren't considered abusive.

Besides, they obviously can be flagged because they're all gone.

wolf piss

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:23:00

One word reviews are abusive, as are most of this guy's reviews.

http://bnm3.newgrounds.com/reviews/flash

Mark the one-word one's!!!

Don't be bold... be italian.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:25:14

http://elmagico.newgrounds.com/reviews/

the top one. i may be mistaken but im pretty sure he is being racist.

Live for today, and never be normal!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:35:33

whats with all these noobs thinking they can actually review against these awesome super animators?
god they are so low
ng food chain
top: animators, lvl 40+ people, fulps, and mods
mid: lvl 10+, reviewers who know there stuff, and bbsers
bottom: lvl 2 scum who think they can just insult everything

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:40:38

At 4/26/08 12:35 PM, dooseyboy wrote: whats with all these noobs thinking they can actually review against these awesome super animators?
god they are so low
ng food chain

amen to that

Live for today, and never be normal!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 12:42:47

At 4/26/08 12:40 PM, fmafan1 wrote:
At 4/26/08 12:35 PM, dooseyboy wrote: god they are so low
ng food chain
amen to that

STFU and link to abusive reviews, or GTFO!

lawl.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 14:31:20

At 4/26/08 12:06 PM, LordZeebmork wrote:
At 4/26/08 10:26 AM, Black-Ops wrote: Dammit, that's a spam submission. :\

From what I heard, reviews like "Blam this!!!11" and "GO DIE YOU FUCKING SHIT FUCK CUNT ASS FUCK" can still be flagged, but reviews like "Stop submitting these" aren't considered abusive.

Besides, they obviously can be flagged because they're all gone.

I wouldn't call it a spam submission as although it my have been awkward (in my opinion); it wasn't completely mindless crap. If it was a spam submission, LordZeebmork's response definitely hit it home. :-)

Here's more:
reallyhotchick8776 , Cmd135 , bigbuffdaddy (2 abusive, 1 spam)
The reviews for Retarded Animal Babies 19 & Pokemon Quest: SE (spam)

At 4/26/08 12:35 PM, dooseyboy wrote: whats with all these noobs thinking they can actually review against these awesome super animators?

Everybody has the privilege to write a review. Whether it be abusive or helpful; that's to be decided by the NG audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 14:37:37

This guy seems to be angry at someone who made a game...but was the game Minushi chapter 14...?

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 14:44:13

At 4/26/08 02:37 PM, Magical-Mark wrote: This guy seems to be angry at someone who made a game...but was the game Minushi chapter 14...?

wow, something must be pinching his nerves. Good call on the abusive reviews. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 15:28:14

At 4/26/08 02:44 PM, BR wrote:
At 4/26/08 02:37 PM, Magical-Mark wrote: This guy seems to be angry at someone who made a game...but was the game Minushi chapter 14...?
wow, something must be pinching his nerves. Good call on the abusive reviews. :-)

Hey, BR, if I only mark reviews that are abusive that only you blinked or have approved, then will my whistle finally go back to normal. I'm very desperate right now and I need only the best help I can get.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 15:36:49

At 4/26/08 03:28 PM, Spartan204 wrote:
I'm very desperate right now and I need only the best help I can get.

I know what you're saying. I've really slowed way the hell down with flagging abuse since my whistle was dropped to silver. For some reason I thought I knew what I was doing after getting to gold, but now I'm just really confused...

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 16:46:05

At 4/26/08 03:36 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 4/26/08 03:28 PM, Spartan204 wrote:
I'm very desperate right now and I need only the best help I can get.
I know what you're saying. I've really slowed way the hell down with flagging abuse since my whistle was dropped to silver. For some reason I thought I knew what I was doing after getting to gold, but now I'm just really confused...

I know just what you mean. I only flag reviews that I'm absolutely positive about being abusive, and I even omit a few that I'm almost definite are abusive just to stay on the safe side. For fuck's sake, i should probably have at least a bronze by now. Anyway, just be glad you don't have a garbage one instead of that wonderful silver one that you have.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 17:30:26

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 17:48:31

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6854 This made my pc freeze and i had to rebot report it as maliscious

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 18:02:10

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6860
Read the author's comments.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 18:05:03

At 4/26/08 05:48 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6854 This made my pc freeze and i had to rebot report it as maliscious

...?

That shouldn't happen. Are you using a Mac or a slow computer? The background thing can fuck up slower computers sometimes.

wolf piss

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 18:06:49

At 4/26/08 06:05 PM, LordZeebmork wrote:
At 4/26/08 05:48 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6854 This made my pc freeze and i had to rebot report it as maliscious
...?

That shouldn't happen. Are you using a Mac or a slow computer? The background thing can fuck up slower computers sometimes.

Yeah, nothing was wrong with this submission.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2008-04-26 18:11:22

Doesn't matter anyway, it got blammed because ina was being a faggot.

wolf piss