00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HELP!! Flash movies not loading!

17,446 Views | 191 Replies

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-29 09:25:58

1. 56k
2. Windows ME
3. IE:
4. Telstra
5. Australia/Victoria

Not being able to watch 8-Bit Theatre 3 is a making me go crazy.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-29 11:29:09

Well im pleased, i feel that its alot better then what it was, i can now see movies from 0kb-700kb when before it was only 0kb-225kb so things are looking up, ill give a few big movies a try tonight, eventhough some that i saw did not load meaning movies like 1000kb and higher, anyways thx liljim eventhough you are still working on it, its good to see movies other then just the avg 5okb and such, hope things get better...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-29 12:13:28

well, i got to watch 99k and play defend your castle, but not much else, like RAB4 and the ganondorf legendary frog movie or whatever...
argh, better than nothing no doubt, but got a little overexcited...

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-29 13:53:44

yeah my flash is owrking now also. im so so happy!!!! i still have some trouble sometimes like the one ring to rule them all 2 wont load all the way but most the way and like gonnondorfs return loaded and most ova 1's i want 2 go on but mr T vs Powerrangers just wont laod dammit. happy days!! :D

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-29 21:29:59

Same prob here

***BUMP***

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-30 02:44:27

As you can see, I don't post often. However, I to am experincing the same problem...
I hope the problem gets solved...
I want my Newgrounds :p
56k Earthlink,
Fort Belvoir, VA
Win XP
1.4 AMD

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-30 03:32:51

well i just got RAB3 to load completely. I'll try a couple other movies shortly and report.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-30 10:24:53

Well, I usually come to this forum before even looking at the portal recently. Apparently everything's doing a lot better. God bless you liljim! I want to have your children!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-30 16:44:55

well it looks like some movies are loading and some arent. But hey... a step in the right direction? I cant complain.

BTW a guy wanting to have another guy's kids..... thats just creepy.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 00:50:42

How is that creepy? Haven't you ever seen Junior? If Schwartzenegger did it, it HAS to be cool! And besides, there are probably at least five flash vids in the portal pertaining to that in some one. I can't be the sickest guy on Newgrounds.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 13:12:14

Gentlemen, we can rebuil...sorry, that freakin ad has been playing all day...course then I realized I could kill the audio...BUT...anyway.

The problem is still there though I notice this topic has fallen off, which leads me to believe most people aren't having the problem...but I still am... anything over a meg never loads...and between 250k-480k my flash just stops...I can't refresh it, to try and force it along...and even if I clear the temp files and cache...it gets to the same spot and dies...I know that the problem is being looked into, but it's just driving me crazy...I haven't been able to access nearly anything on Newgrounds for awhile now, and I AM FIENDING...hehe
Anyway, the second reason I posted this, in my earlier post (See, this is why I don't post often...I get wordy) I forgot to give what Browser I use...
Internet Explorer.
There...
Anyway...

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 13:29:26

i used to have aol, but than i cancelled it and the extra phone line,and its actully much cheaper to have cable instead of paying for both of them

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 13:33:53

Funny how sometimes flash movies fail to load but that damn AOL for Broadband with SOUND ad never fails. Oh well.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 19:05:25

At 7/1/03 12:50 AM, AnimeRanger wrote: How is that creepy? Haven't you ever seen Junior? If Schwartzenegger did it, it HAS to be cool! And besides, there are probably at least five flash vids in the portal pertaining to that in some one. I can't be the sickest guy on Newgrounds.

Actually i did see that movie, and well it sucked. Arnold's worst movie ever.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-01 19:47:20

well i managed to get 8-bit 3 to work.. and thats it...

any movie after that doesnt work... and for me it always loads the preloader(or preloader game as the case may be) and stops shortly after that

ive even tried manually downloading movies and same thing.. stop at random places between 100-400k

execpt 99k which stops at 59k every time

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-02 12:45:16

At 7/1/03 07:05 PM, Mr_Silver wrote:

It is his worst movie ever, almost as bad as Collateral Damage. But everything else makes him the best movie dude in the world (pending Terminator 3 is any good)!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-02 17:12:18

may b ur coneection sux or u got to many internet cooky files and history?

HELP!! Flash movies not loading!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 01:42:46

At 7/2/03 12:45 PM, AnimeRanger wrote:
At 7/1/03 07:05 PM, Mr_Silver wrote:
It is his worst movie ever, almost as bad as Collateral Damage. But everything else makes him the best movie dude in the world (pending Terminator 3 is any good)!

THANK YOU! I have heared mixed bout T3. T2 was amazing, the terminator was great (although horrible effects now) and heck i even liked last action hero, but junior... oh god please dont let me sit through that crap again.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 01:45:09

At 7/2/03 05:12 PM, Dxkpower wrote: may b ur coneection sux or u got to many internet cooky files and history?

its already been proven to be a server prob, cause too many people are having it happen. Mostly dial up users cannot view. However i havnt had a problem loading any movies today myself. Maybe its fixed for me? HOPE SO!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 13:49:59

seems i got excited too quick -the pan- worked which was great but the Return of Ganondorf isn't loading it loads about 2 hearts and then just stops hang on i restarted it for the 3rd time and its got further i'll come back later

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 14:21:47

All who experience this problem should read this i got The Return of Ganondorf to work and everyone should know how to get the movies they're having problems with to work hopefully it should only be temporary though when loading a movie or game and it stops part way close it empty the temporary internet files even if you've already done so a thousand times and load again it should load double (at least it did for me) and repeat from beginning (including emptying the temporary internet files) until the movie finally loads (movies without a loading bar could be a problem though as you won't see the actual point where it stops)

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 14:22:54

At 6/20/03 07:55 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Anyone have any problems loading movies, for me its been yesterday and today, it loads about half way then just doesnt load anymore, i have tried big file movies aswell as the smallest i could find seem to still have loading problems, maybe its friday or somthing or more people on due to the new feature, well hope it gets better soon, its kinda bugging me...

YES YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT MY PROBLEM IS! I HAVE IT TO! Like Samus and Megaman II it just won't load anymore after it reached 50% and I REALY WANNED TO SEE SONIC X CHAOTIC BATLLE! But it also dind't load anymore after it reached 57%. I Did saw it on another computer. The next day when I was back. I tryed to watch that mvoie again on my own computer but it stil jus't loaded till 57% and then stopped with loading. I don't think its a problem we could fix. Meybe Newgrounds itself coulf find a way to fix our problem.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-03 16:59:37

YES YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT MY PROBLEM IS! I HAVE IT TO! Like Samus and Megaman II it just won't load anymore after it reached 50% and I REALY WANNED TO SEE SONIC X CHAOTIC BATLLE! But it also dind't load anymore after it reached 57%. I Did saw it on another computer. The next day when I was back. I tryed to watch that mvoie again on my own computer but it stil jus't loaded till 57% and then stopped with loading. I don't think its a problem we could fix. Meybe Newgrounds itself coulf find a way to fix our problem.

if you read my previous post it tells you how to get by for now in fact i watched that SONIC X CHAOTIC BATTLE earlier by using the method i mentioned earlier

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 00:53:52

Nothing over 1MB worked, but it was still better than nothing. It seems that everything is stopping again. Damn it, liljim, I'm having an abortion! But seriously, thanks for helping us out as much as you have. I can't see anything when I click "Watch this Movie!" but I could still get it through GetRight, which I never tried until these problems started. Help!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 01:52:21

I'm having this problem less and less with each day. I was able to load a 3 meg movie fine (newgrounds news 3) and havnt had a loading problem for a couple days now. If i have any problems loading any movies i will report it.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 04:32:55

I've been meaning to check into this to see if people were still having DL problems, but I got a job breaking down and setting up for weddings concerts, etc., so it's been a time issue, I wouldn't just leave the problem just cuz it fixed for me after that no dl 2 weeks that I went through. I'm glad Mr.Silver is getting movies loaded considering it seemed like he was one of the last ones having the problem. That sucks the big one for those of you who still aren't getting movies loaded. For what it's worth, this is my com info LilJim:

Processor: Pentium4 CPU 1.60GHZ
Memory: 256 RAM
Browser: Exploer (version 6)

Thats the jist of what I would assume is the most important in getting stuff downloaded, sorry if I forgot something; it is almost 2 in the morning, I'm gonna hit the hay after this. If there needs to be more specific things, just let me/us know. Hope you guys are having better luck getting those movies downloaded; it looks like things are turning out really good for the most part.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 15:52:01

I watched alot of movies today, just to see and it seems like the problem has been fixed. Only 1 movie wouldnt load for me Samus and Megaman Part II, but i was able to get Star Wars::Kompressor, Rihm & Maurice,
Lilo+Stitch: The audition and Sonic X Chaotic Battle (which is funny cause SOnic x is huge!)

Besides i have had problems with the odd movie before, so thats no biggy

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 22:13:48

Well I can get a few small movies loaded, but nothing else even remotly works, what ever you did to get it this close, do it some more.

Oh and also some times the portal page only loads partaly as well. Hope that helps

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-04 22:32:28

It is not that the movies are not loading.. Its that they are loading incredibely slow.. I have a movie here that says 'Time Remaining : 143:38, thats 143 minutes and 38 seconds and it contines to rise a minute every 4 - 5 seconds..

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-07-05 00:18:56

At 7/4/03 10:32 PM, hugh_jarse wrote: It is not that the movies are not loading.. Its that they are loading incredibely slow.. I have a movie here that says 'Time Remaining : 143:38, thats 143 minutes and 38 seconds and it contines to rise a minute every 4 - 5 seconds..

I noticed that too, the downloads are ALOT slower than ever. But its obviously being worked on, cause a few days ago i couldnt so much as watch 1 movie.