00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted HoneyGoldenBee supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

my first photoshop, help

789 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 11:38:59

I got photoshop today, i used it today, and i came up with this.

And i would like you to tear it to pieces. Find every fault, so, hopefully i can fix them.

I need help

my first photoshop, help

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 11:40:50

At 6/25/07 11:38 AM, insipidmortal wrote: I got photoshop today, i used it today, and i came up with this.

And i would like you to tear it to pieces. Find every fault, so, hopefully i can fix them.

I need help

fuck... the quality... ill have it up in a second,

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 11:43:58

a thousand angry frenchmen

forgive the triple post. I shant post soon, but i will work on whatever you say.

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 11:46:24

At 6/25/07 11:38 AM, insipidmortal wrote: I got photoshop today, i used it today, and i came up with this.

I need help

I'm not that great at photoshop, so i don't like to point out others faults when i see them in myself...
Well, if you wish us to be cruel...

First off, the proportions: All wrong. The arms are waaayy too long (Unless that's the style you're going for, which i assume it's not.) In fact, the legs are even shorter than the arms; not a good thing. Shorten the arms, lengthen the legs and it should work out much better.

Next, there's the face. It's really off-balance, and way too small. Also, the body looks a little...limp. And flat. Again, that has to do with proportions, so i'll set that aside. But i can't tell if it's a boy or a girl.

Anyway, apart from that, it looks good. Maybe a little more shading, and a few tips on colouring, and it'll look much better. Believe you me.

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 11:57:49

Left arm seems a little too long to me.
It's better than my 'art' anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 12:21:51

latest

At 6/25/07 11:46 AM, TheSilverSerpent wrote:
First off, the proportions: All wrong. The arms are waaayy too long (Unless that's the style

you're going for, which i assume it's not.) In fact, the legs are even shorter than the arms; not a good thing. Shorten the arms, lengthen the legs and it should work out much better.

i tried to fix these, see for yourself, it isnt quite smooth at the moment, as i want to get the proportions right before reshading.

Next, there's the face. It's really off-balance, and way too small. Also, the body looks a little...limp. And flat. Again, that has to do with proportions, so i'll set that aside. But i can't tell if it's a boy or a girl.

i took the face out, and will add one soon. Hopefully, by fixing the proportions, i have fixed the body.

Its a girl.

Anyway, apart from that, it looks good. Maybe a little more shading,

More shading will come soon, as im more concerned about proportions.

and a few tips on colouring, and it'll look much better. Believe you me.

your talking about the yellow skin right? It wasn't yellow until i added the shading, is there any way to fix that without starting over.

At 6/25/07 11:56 AM, TomFoolp wrote: Is that a white gorrilla?

yes, it is... thank you for your constructive critisim, with your help, i have greatly improved my ability.

I seem to have passed 4 posts in half an hour, i may go to bed before the times up, but i will still gladly take in critisim.

Response to my first photoshop, help 2007-06-25 22:00:12

At 6/25/07 12:21 PM, insipidmortal wrote: your talking about the yellow skin right? It wasn't yellow until i added the shading, is there any way to fix that without starting over.

If you did your skin on a separate layer, you can always Ctrl+U the skin layer to change its hue (remember to check the "colorize" box in the Hue and Saturation window!). If your skin isn't on a separate layer, you'll have to use the lasso or magic wand tool to select the skin and then use Hue + Saturation.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature