00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help with logo/letterhead

811 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help with logo/letterhead 2007-06-21 10:56:21

Ok so my dad has asked me to design a logo and letterhead for his ICT company, as I am more "arty" and better at design than him. This will be used as a letter head and also possibly a webpage header. Trouble is, I dont really have any experience in this kinda thing, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

The only spec he gave me was that it must use the Kabel font (unless I find something that looks a lot better, but I think he is pretty set on that), and that it gives some reference to what the company does (eg ICT consultants, basic programming, database work).

One thing I was thinking was to somehow use the "e" of the font as a mouse, as it does kinda resemble one... anyway, any ideas? Id be really greatful if someone could give me a few pointers on this kinda thing :)

Here is my first attempt, but I dunno if im too happy with it, for a start it doesnt really have any reference to computers or internet.

Need help with logo/letterhead

BBS Signature

Response to Need help with logo/letterhead 2007-06-21 11:00:46

First one's better, but you gotta make some accesoires that come wit it (eg. a layout, and a small logo, like a simplified circle of the original logo)

BBS Signature

Response to Need help with logo/letterhead 2007-06-21 11:31:39

It doesn't really say a lot about the company, you want something more modern, glowing/reflecting.

BBS Signature

Response to Need help with logo/letterhead 2007-06-21 14:54:00

At 6/21/07 11:31 AM, smulse wrote: It doesn't really say a lot about the company, you want something more modern, glowing/reflecting.

Smulse hit it right on the head, it says absolutely nothing about the company I took a whole class dealing with this subject. In order to see what makes a good logo I suggest you take some of the more popular logos, AT&T, IBM, United Airlines, Cokeacola, and try to compare them to some of the mom and pop logos,which deal with the same industry. Try to ask yourself what works and what doesn't. Essentially, logos are supposed to show the type of business and philosophy of the company, how you achieve that is based purely on its simplicity, and the knowledge of design. I suggest you go to the Duffy and Partners website and look at some of their case studies.

Duffy Website

BBS Signature