00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is this a good bg?

3,995 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-10 20:40:49

you should consider using more muted colors for the background, stuff tends to lose color the farther it is in the distance so make the mid ground a little duller, and the far background even duller than that

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-10 21:31:36

At 5/10/07 08:55 PM, ultim8dude wrote: Now I don't have that "something wrong" feeling anymore, 9/10, use this backround in a flash and you've almost guaranteed not to get blammed, great work :)

well, i can animate too ya know, im not relying on this to get me through, just i want a good BG, my pride and joy is the way it moves, but i need great BGs.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-10 22:15:02

ok, heres it with the best stuff i could put in it with minimal lag. im thinking of putting the for off grasslands and trees the shade in my previous pic.

is this a good bg?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 03:26:23

hmmm, make father mountains and leave them black or dark gray. got it?

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 03:30:45

like this. also u can make sea instead of mountains.

is this a good bg?

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 03:32:12

At 5/11/07 03:26 AM, Havayosunu wrote: hmmm, make father mountains and leave them black or dark gray. got it?

i meant farther. d'oh.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 09:42:34

ok, i gtg to school now though, im just checking through, now i have something to look forward to at home.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 10:34:52

The thing that's unsettling about it is the perspectives.

You have the grass, which we can see the bottom of, and that looks like it lines up with the bottom of the rock.

But then the background has a curved perspective and it looks like you would see it from above the ground looking down.

To link them together, I'd say try to link the bottom of the background hill to the rocks.
Maybe having rocks on the hill that get bigger the further down you go, and maybe shade the background hill less, coz it looks like it just slopes down to a verticle drop.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-11 18:18:21

At 5/11/07 10:34 AM, drums-tech wrote: The thing that's unsettling about it is the perspectives.

You have the grass, which we can see the bottom of, and that looks like it lines up with the bottom of the rock.

But then the background has a curved perspective and it looks like you would see it from above the ground looking down.

To link them together, I'd say try to link the bottom of the background hill to the rocks.
Maybe having rocks on the hill that get bigger the further down you go, and maybe shade the background hill less, coz it looks like it just slopes down to a verticle drop.

well, it does
the rocks are on a hil, and it slopes down in the center, then theres another hill. i have the place set out 3d..., in my mind. but its just one scene, the other scenes i will show that theres more dimension.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-19 21:39:54

Yo!!!! Its been a while i know, but im here with a fresh tasty bg that i need help on. Its a rm of the first, so its same shape, but youll notice details that are different. So, usual rules go, just comment of what i could do to make it better, with a pm or reply.

is this a good bg?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-19 23:18:42

this latest one is deffinately the best great composition and feeling of depthcant really think of how to improve it

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-19 23:31:58

ok, if no one finds anything that they think is wrong with it, then just say what catches your eye the most, the best thing you like in it.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-19 23:36:54

If you haven't already, fix that white spot at the bottom.

The rock on the right looks like someone's been hitting it with a hammer and chisel.

Maybe add some faint green/brown spots on the mountains. They aren't completely barren of plant life.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-19 23:39:40

last one is definitely the best, the detail looks great and crisp without over doing it. my only complaint is that it looks a little unbalanced throughout the composition because you have such a heavy rock on one side, but i suppose if it fits in whatever context you're putting it in, go for it :)

The situation has gotten so bad, I must now BEGIN WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-20 00:01:17

At 5/19/07 11:36 PM, TarThoron wrote: If you haven't already, fix that white spot at the bottom.

The rock on the right looks like someone's been hitting it with a hammer and chisel.

Maybe add some faint green/brown spots on the mountains. They aren't completely barren of plant life.

gonna do that now (the white spot), that rock is just cracked, broken or whatever youd call it when a rock is broken, and i will add some stuff to give the mountains life, but (this is to all who care) itll be a while before i can draw on flash to my full potential (IE, like I can on paper) but this still looks good enough for em to start up with a couple movies, each one will have better graphics.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-20 00:09:13

that was a great tip, it helped out alot. since im not done with the key framing, everything regarding graphics is fully changeable, so if i find some huge way to make something alot better, as long as there is no drastic change, imma change it, thats why im only working on this bg so i can get a good technique started before im even done framing.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-20 00:37:33

heres the latest.

is this a good bg?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-24 20:58:27

aaanddd.........final

is this a good bg?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-24 21:18:39

its the rocks, you've nailed your self in :/

for my eyes, it seems as though the background is a little crowded with the big huge rocks... your only problem is that the picture might look non good without them :/

I liek it though.

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-24 21:20:09

oops, i totally forgot to read the rest :(
looks really good tho

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-24 21:42:41

At 5/24/07 09:18 PM, HahaBears wrote: its the rocks, you've nailed your self in :/

for my eyes, it seems as though the background is a little crowded with the big huge rocks... your only problem is that the picture might look non good without them :/

I liek it though.

i didnt understand that fully, but yes, the rocks are staying, and that little area is the only place with the boulders (thatll be clear in the movie)

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-24 22:56:30

the sun should be causing shadows to form infront of the boulders, other than that its great

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-05-27 08:18:52

Nice, anyway I suck at backgrounds...

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 00:02:28

im back with another upgraded, im sure thisll be teh final cept some tweaks.

is this a good bg?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 00:47:53

The rock on the right looks a little wierd, dunno why.

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 02:56:27

That bg is wonderfulingz blahasdknsidnoasdnmkw

c

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 12:26:34

At 6/3/07 03:03 AM, Bendo wrote: grass is far to thick, and you need to color it a bit better.

Then it will be awesome.

imma guess you saw another pic, then you saw teh updated one right?

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 12:31:47

At 6/3/07 12:47 AM, The-Priest wrote: The rock on the right looks a little wierd, dunno why.

Probly because rocks arent shiny.

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 12:35:43

The last one is wonderfulicious! :) I think you shouldn't be changing it anymore because it already looks great and the viewers focus is gonna be on the charecters anyway.
Again, look splendid.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bg? 2007-06-03 13:17:43

The background definately is coming along very nicely dude. Think you should start to think to stop improving it and spend more time actually on the animation itself. The background will be in only a couple of scenes, maybe even just the one. So stop worrying about it as it looks awesome already :)

BBS Signature