00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rate my style T_T!

2,466 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 22:41:14

I just want to know If I should change something. dunno, need suggestion and rate the picture plz XP!

here's the link:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5743/princip al2nc3.jpg

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 22:47:21

The words "Generic" and "overused" and "Anime" come to mind when I think of the style :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 22:47:58

your style? not that unique, but somewhat. your highlights could use some work, moreso than the shading. the shading looks nice though :P i guess no hands is a unique style ;)

i dunno, it just looks kinda animeish, so it's like others... with time you can find a style that suits you perfectly :0

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 22:50:52

yeah!... I knew that T___T!!! must practice more, and change a bit my style... must keep in work @___@

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 22:52:55

At 4/13/07 10:50 PM, DRnet wrote: yeah!... I knew that T___T!!! must practice more, and change a bit my style... must keep in work @___@

see, that's the spirit! many of us flash vets didn't just FIND our style instantly, we kinda had to invent it as we went on. (with the exception of zekey, his shit has always screamed zekey :P)

keep practicing, and we'll be sure to let you know what we think ;)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 23:04:11

At 4/13/07 10:52 PM, BlueHippo wrote:
keep practicing, and we'll be sure to let you know what we think ;)

practice makes the meister... but you can become the maester if you really want to learn something, it's not just to do it. It's love what you do.

OMG, too romantic XD

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 23:51:36

style is just a lame ass exuse to not broden ur artistic horizon and make shitty drawings, btw FUCK ANIME. try drawing with a pencil experiment with different styles, because only once u have tried a assload of styles can u actually develop ur own

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-13 23:54:45

At 4/13/07 11:51 PM, Harry wrote: style is just a lame ass exuse to not broden ur artistic horizon and make shitty drawings, btw FUCK ANIME. try drawing with a pencil experiment with different styles, because only once u have tried a assload of styles can u actually develop ur own

wow, that was very nice of you...

uh, you know, there's tons of styles that can be decided upon while making flash, that you couldn't pick with pencil. like, line tool vs brush tool. or maybe he wants to go with a gradient heavy style? that sounds like work with the pencil, but not with flash...

stop being a dick, you can be helpful and be nice at the same time, ya know?

i suggest he keeps practicing in flash. but then again, what would i know about making flash?

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 00:05:27

At 4/13/07 11:51 PM, Harry wrote: style is just a lame ass exuse to not broden ur artistic horizon and make shitty drawings, btw FUCK ANIME. try drawing with a pencil experiment with different styles, because only once u have tried a assload of styles can u actually develop ur own

mmm... different styles.. XD!:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4418/pkjohnr ichievy7.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4462/xelor re2.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5466/masanob uxq4.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1743/aeris nw1.png
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3504/persl e5.jpg

and more...
I've done a lot of stylesT__T.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 00:07:29

ohhh.. it came from a 14 year old kid XP... now I understand why XD.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 00:42:32

Yeah, it's not an original style.
7/10

Resident furfag, and (one of) Newground's bastard child(s).

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 00:43:02

Your "Style"? No buddy. That is not your style.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 01:16:45

At 4/13/07 10:52 PM, BlueHippo wrote: see, that's the spirit! many of us flash vets didn't just FIND our style instantly, we kinda had to invent it as we went on. (with the exception of zekey, his shit has always screamed zekey :P)

Some of Zekey's flashes kind of remind me of Looney Toons, especially Squaresville.

Nobody can really be THAT original anymore when it comes to art or cartoons, because pretty much all of the styles have been used already.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 01:42:26

Gah....

It just looks like all the other kids your age's drawings... All you blasted anime-nuts...
I mean, hell, I like the occasional anime... But jeesh... That's why I try to blend an American and Japanese style together... Blah.

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 02:23:42

At 4/13/07 11:54 PM, BlueHippo wrote:

uh, you know, there's tons of styles that can be decided upon while making flash, that you couldn't pick with pencil. like, line tool vs brush tool. or maybe he wants to go with a gradient heavy style? that sounds like work with the pencil, but not with flash...

i suggest he keeps practicing in flash. but then again, what would i know about making flash?

yo bix, mmm i know more than u about shit like this... really u shouldnt encurage shit like this its not good for him. Yea its ok to say its not massive shit but he is just making an exuse by calling it his style. If ur actually serious about shit like this u wanan try other stuff and thats outside of flash, i dont just mean traditional learning. All i mean wan anime sucks dick and i hate people who say o im not good at drawing so i draw anime, its lame they need to suck a dick and get skeet in they eye. I mean if he just got the program hes not bad but if hes had it for years and people always tel him shit like that is good he needs to know the truth. My shit on ng actually sucks, but i am a professional artist ;) but dstm or what ever ur name is im 14 and im better than u so you really should be listning to what i say.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 02:32:28

0/5

because I can

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 04:54:34

At 4/14/07 12:05 AM, DRnet wrote:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5466/masanob uxq4.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1743/aeris nw1.png
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3504/persl e5.jpg

and more...
I've done a lot of stylesT__T.

I am honestly trying very hard not to laugh here.

No offense, but I think you need to head to a museum.

Every drawing there, is the same style. Each character is a simplified stock anime character.
They all look like they fell out of the same flash cartoon.

The best way to teach yourself a new style of drawing, is to draw from real life. Draw a friend. Or hell, a potted plant. A moose. Roadkill. Anything.
Eventually, you brain will go POP and you will realize that you can draw anything in a wide variety of styles from Mary Blair to Todd McFarlane.

And BlueHippo, quit advertising my hideous shit art, god damnit. >:C

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 05:28:26

:At 4/14/07 12:05 AM, DRnet wrote:

It's not your art style, it's a character from Dofus...

if you didn't traced it/stoled it, it's a nice drawing... but it's still not your style...

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 05:45:12

At 4/14/07 02:23 AM, Harry wrote:

yo bix, mmm i know more than u about shit like this... really u shouldnt encurage shit like this its not good for him. Yea its ok to say its not massive shit but he is just making an exuse by calling it his style. If ur actually serious about shit like this u wanan try other stuff and thats outside of flash, i dont just mean traditional learning. All i mean wan anime sucks dick and i hate people who say o im not good at drawing so i draw anime, its lame they need to suck a dick and get skeet in they eye. I mean if he just got the program hes not bad but if hes had it for years and people always tel him shit like that is good he needs to know the truth. My shit on ng actually sucks, but i am a professional artist ;) but dstm or what ever ur name is im 14 and im better than u so you really should be listning to what i say.

Ill admit, im the same age, but all the offensive reviews have all been by 14 yr olds, and they all repeat shit at least twice in every sentence...

Anyhow...The first was very anime-ish but it was well done, and mayby trying to do that same character in different poses? The next batch of them was very nice, and very different in style. A few were simaliar to others, but most of them are straight from your very own mind. Continue on them and you might become a lot better.

Good work, Keep it up :)

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 07:49:24

At 4/14/07 05:45 AM, TheJellybaby wrote:

Ill admit, im the same age, but all the offensive reviews have all been by 14 yr olds, and they all repeat shit at least twice in every sentence...

Agreed, they give us a bad name =(

Anyhow...The first was very anime-ish but it was well done, and mayby trying to do that same character in different poses? The next batch of them was very nice, and very different in style. A few were simaliar to others, but most of them are straight from your very own mind. Continue on them and you might become a lot better.

All of the pictures were pretty much the same style-wise, except maybe the kirby one.
Another good way of experimenting with different mediums, for example (I don't draw on comp much =/) I draw in charcoal a different was from pencil, and in pencil a different way than in pen, and in watercolor a different way from oils.
If you want to keep doing computer art use photoshop as opposed to flash, or use a drasticly different brush, or do a monochromatic piece.

Agreed, your work is fine, just unoriginal

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-14 10:50:00

At 4/14/07 05:45 AM, TheJellybaby wrote:
At 4/14/07 02:23 AM, Harry wrote:

shut the fuck up ok look at u
Flash by TheJellybaby:
- none -

that will start it off but also, who are u to talk about drawing? U have fucking warhammer toys as ur avatar. Seriously tho this guy sucks, it doesnt mean he cant get better but dont tell him they look very nice cuz they dont. Im proud of him if he just got flash but not if hes had it for years. And like zekey said, all the other drawings u did where pretty much the same thing, except for the kirby but u just traced uzis and made a circle w/ a face on it....

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 18:25:24

At 4/13/07 10:41 PM, DRnet wrote: I just want to know If I should change something. dunno, need suggestion and rate the picture plz XP!

Pretty cool style! 8/10 :)

D:

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 18:45:30

At 4/14/07 10:50 AM, Harry wrote: shut the fuck up ok look at u
Flash by TheJellybaby:
- none -

Oh wow! POSTING THAT IS SO FUCKING ORIGINAL.
Flash does not make art, artists make art, and you certainly don't need flash to be a good artist, so shut your fucking mouth.

that will start it off but also, who are u to talk about drawing? U have fucking warhammer toys as ur avatar.

What the fuck does that matter if he has warhammer toys in his 'avatar'.

Seriously tho this guy sucks, it doesnt mean he cant get better but dont tell him they look very nice cuz they dont. Im proud of him if he just got flash but not if hes had it for years. And like zekey said, all the other drawings u did where pretty much the same thing, except for the kirby but u just traced uzis and made a circle w/ a face on it....

Just because his art is unoriginal doesn't mean it sucks, so quit bad mouthing him and start typing like a fucking adult.

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 18:49:51

Cool style man! awsome!

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 19:18:49

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 19:33:02

At 4/14/07 12:05 AM, DRnet wrote:

These are the only two that actually seemed like something tbh. I can't say mine is original, but the only thing that you can do at all is to take styles you like and mix them together. It's basically impossible to come up with a completely "original" style. :p

And Harry, the moral is that no matter how good your art is, you're still going to be hated if you're a complete dick.

siglinks, lol.

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 19:45:41

At 4/14/07 12:05 AM, DRnet wrote: mmm... different styles.. XD!:

I like your Xelor one. It's pretty cool, and it's got nice lines....

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-17 21:12:18

YOUR STYLE IS HOMOSEXUAL!!!

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-29 20:20:46

At 4/14/07 10:50 AM, Harry wrote:

Batting average: 2.82 / 5.00 (B+)

I use smileys when im clinically depressed =3

BBS Signature

Response to Rate my style T_T! 2007-04-29 20:32:35

Go HERE for my tip...