00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

748,292 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-25 23:21:46

I was gonna buy it too. Damn too late for the deal.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-25 23:54:40

At 7/25/09 10:51 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Force Unleashed gets trophy patch soon.

I'm tempted to buy it now.

Eh, maybe. Is the Ultimate Sith Edition going to be full price? I remember the combat feeling pretty awful in the demo, so I doubt I'd pay $60 for it.

Speaking of awful combat, Lord of the Rings Conquest. The voice acting is pretty horrific too.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 00:35:42

With so much drama in the LBC it's kind of hard being Snoop D-O double G.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 01:34:51

At 7/25/09 01:07 PM, scetch00 wrote: What the fuck? Bob asked if Shatter was good, AND IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE PLAYED IT, SO I TOLD HIM TO BUY IT. I played it already
At 7/25/09 05:58 PM, scetch00 wrote: Tell me, for example, I wanted Shatter. I don't know how it is myself, and someone just saying " oh it's good " isn't helping. No demo. Tell me how I will play it? No? You can't? I can tell you.

Hahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha hhahahahahahhaahhahah. Notice any inconsistencies? It's good to know that you lie in all-caps.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 02:35:51

The best I can say about LoTR Conquest is that the non-online trophies are ridiculously easy and don't take much time. If Saboteur is bad, Pandemic will be 0/3 this generation.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 02:51:54

At 7/26/09 02:35 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: The best I can say about LoTR Conquest is that the non-online trophies are ridiculously easy and don't take much time. If Saboteur is bad, Pandemic will be 0/3 this generation.

Can I join this establishment? I just hope there isn't any rituals for joining.

I think the easiest trophies are in NFS: Undercover. I beat the game got all but like 7 trophies within maybe 5 hours. And the other seven where online trophies.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 08:38:40

Downloaded Wipeout of jtm last night (he got my Killzone stuff so it's all good). Havn't played it yet as I was muddling through professional on Resi 5 with someone on here. And I finally got all the VS characters. Also, 2 of my cousins have just arrived and they're here for 2 whole weeks. God help me >,<

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 08:51:02

At 7/26/09 08:38 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Also, 2 of my cousins have just arrived and they're here for 2 whole weeks. God help me >,<

I'm in the opposite situation. Family just left to go to Cyprus, so I have the house to myself for 2 weeks.

I've got 80 cans of coke and a Deep Space Nine box set. BRING IT ON.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 09:44:31

At 7/26/09 08:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm in the opposite situation. Family just left to go to Cyprus, so I have the house to myself for 2 weeks.

I've got 80 cans of coke and a Deep Space Nine box set. BRING IT ON.

I'll give it 3 days before my Grandparents heads are spinning on their shoulders. Good job we have a big house with lots of space for them to run about. I have my room to myself this time though so it isn't too bad.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 10:08:10

Hey Hycran, I got BF 1943. If you want it, I didn't change my password BTW.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 11:23:40

At 7/26/09 01:34 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 7/25/09 01:07 PM, scetch00 wrote: What the fuck? Bob asked if Shatter was good, AND IT IS BECAUSE I HAVE PLAYED IT, SO I TOLD HIM TO BUY IT. I played it already
At 7/25/09 05:58 PM, scetch00 wrote: Tell me, for example, I wanted Shatter. I don't know how it is myself, and someone just saying " oh it's good " isn't helping. No demo. Tell me how I will play it? No? You can't? I can tell you.
Hahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha hhahahahahahhaahhahah. Notice any inconsistencies? It's good to know that you lie in all-caps.

Hah? Please tell me that you're as slow as a special ed kid. FOR EXAMPLE DIPSHIT. It has no demo so I used it as an example idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 12:37:45

At 7/26/09 11:23 AM, scetch00 wrote: Hah? Please tell me that you're as slow as a special ed kid. FOR EXAMPLE DIPSHIT. It has no demo so I used it as an example idiot.

So you used an example that doesn't apply because you actually did play it? That's the way to prove your point!

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:21:11

At 7/26/09 02:35 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: If Saboteur is bad, Pandemic will be 0/3 this generation.

I hope it isn't bad, i'm actually pretty excited about that game. The art style is so sick.

I pre-ordered the Modern Warfare 2: Prestige edition pack the other day, I wonder how hard it will be to play the game while wearing night vision goggles....

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:31:10

Does anyone know if the new God Of War game for PS3 will have online capabilities? It would a lot more fun if it did. Also, since Athena took Kratos' sword at the end of God Of War II, I'm guessing that GoW III continues with Kratos wanting revenge against Zeus, right?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:34:08

At 7/26/09 12:37 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 7/26/09 11:23 AM, scetch00 wrote: Hah? Please tell me that you're as slow as a special ed kid. FOR EXAMPLE DIPSHIT. It has no demo so I used it as an example idiot.
So you used an example that doesn't apply because you actually did play it? That's the way to prove your point!

Shatter was the subject at hand, so I used that as a hypothetical example.
Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:40:53

Ah, hey Sketchy. I looked at your username, then I saw your PSN in your sig, lmao.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:54:32

At 7/26/09 04:40 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Ah, hey Sketchy. I looked at your username, then I saw your PSN in your sig, lmao.

=D

Took you long enough to notice =P

BFS - Hardened edition is a waste too. All your getting for $20 more is what, a voucher for Call of Duty Classic? I doubt that is worth $20.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 16:58:26

Well excuse me for not hanging around this club so often, I've been busy in the portal and the EGB. the NGPD and the EGB are the reason the portal is seeing cleaner days as of recent.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:08:32

At 7/26/09 04:40 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: You're paying for something that is total crap and is a waste of money. Cancel that pre order and get the hardened edition instead.

No i'm not, the big selling point is that they are FULLY FUNCTIONING night vision goggles, they wouldn't be allowed to say that if it wasn't.

Quoted from their release video "Can see up to 50-60 ft in absolute darkness".

They're legit

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:12:10

Hey Sketchy, could you hear me through my PlayStation Eye? Because currently that's all I have for a mic. It does have a 4 microphone array which can allow up to 6 people chatting at one time. I hope to get a Sony - Bluetooth headset sometime this week, at least I hope I can. So it will be easier to play online games.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:15:23

Beastie Boys breaks the Flawless Singing trophy in Rock Band 2. I can't even pass most stuff on easy singing, but "So Watcha Want" is all talking, so as long as the mic detects sound you hit the notes. I literally held the microphone up to my speakers playing a totally different song, and got the 100% on expert for the trophy.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:17:33

I also would like to add, BFS, that even if the goggles weren't functioning i'd probably still buy it. If i get the money from this piece of art I sold i'm probably going to buy the special addition of Batman that comes with a metal full size replica of his batarang.

because that's just badass

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:43:14

At 7/26/09 05:41 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: No they aren't.

Well everywhere is saying they are functional, i'll believe that masses. If they don't work than fuck it they don't.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:46:08

At 7/26/09 05:17 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: If i get the money from this piece of art I sold i'm probably going to buy the special addition of Batman that comes with a metal full size replica of his batarang.

Is it confirmed to be metal now? I heard it was plastic, and that it was attached to the stand.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:47:08

At 7/26/09 05:12 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Hey Sketchy, could you hear me through my PlayStation Eye? Because currently that's all I have for a mic. It does have a 4 microphone array which can allow up to 6 people chatting at one time. I hope to get a Sony - Bluetooth headset sometime this week, at least I hope I can. So it will be easier to play online games.

Nah I couldn't hear you at all. On UT3 you press the Right button on the D-Pad if you didn't know.

At 7/26/09 05:11 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
I checked to see how much the hardened version was. I thought it would be the same as the base game because most special editions cost the same online.

No, I don't think that's true. only certain games are the exception to that rule. Like BlazBlue and such.

I was wrong.

Yes you were =)

Even the base game costs more than a new retail game. Costs £45. This is a bummer because I can get any PS3 game when it first comes out for £35.

Huh? Modern Warfare 2 - $59.99, Hardened - $79.99, Prestige - $149.99

MW2 not only costs more, it's stopped other publishers released their game until 2010 such as Bioshock 2. I already hate MW2 yet I'm going to buy it and be addicted to the MP for months.

It doesn't cost more, and I thought Pounds convert to the same price? Yeah but we know Bioshock 2 will be a bit better than before right?

I'm buying it too =o

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:50:46

Yea I figured that out already Sketchy. But I really hope I can get the headset this week. I have a feeling I may not have enough for it, but if I ask my folks, they might let me. I get paid Tuesday and I have no classes until the 17th.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:53:15

At 7/25/09 05:58 PM, scetch00 wrote: I don't know how it is myself, and someone just saying " oh it's good " isn't helping. No demo. Tell me how I will play it? No?
At 7/26/09 04:34 PM, scetch00 wrote: Shatter was the subject at hand, so I used that as a hypothetical example.

If you already had an answer to your question, why ask it? You obviously already had an outlet to play the game, and didn't need Hycran's help finding one. Of course, I'm still of the opinion that you haven't played Shatter and you were just attempting to find someone else to leech off of, as TheMaster suggested. You're either terrible at arguing with Hycran (which you are regardless) or you're a lying leech (which we also already know you are).

Fuck you.

And you wonder why everyone is so hostile towards you all the time. You really do make this place near-unbearable. It was much better before you showed up.

On the NVG, they're probably good enough for whatever you want them for. They're also probably going to be pretty good for the price. I just don't see any reason to have them.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:56:01

At 7/26/09 05:46 PM, TheMaster wrote: Is it confirmed to be metal now? I heard it was plastic, and that it was attached to the stand.

I had read it was metal, I think it's time to do some research. Metal or plastic, it's still pretty cool :P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 17:57:32

So what exactly is Shatter and what's the premise of the game? Judging by the name alone, it sounds quite interesting. I'm guessing it's an M rated game or something?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-07-26 18:05:38

At 7/26/09 05:53 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: A
If you already had an answer to your question, why ask it?

I already had an answer, but others didn't fully grasp it. Such as Hycran.

You obviously already had an outlet to play the game, and didn't need Hycran's help finding one.
Who said I needed Hycran for me to play the game? The point was that it's an easier & legal alternative to playing games you don't have, even when there is no other option to besides going all in and buying a game on impulse.

Of course, I'm still of the opinion that you haven't played Shatter and you were just attempting to find someone else to leech off of, as TheMaster suggested.

I have played. I'm on the Krypton Garden in World 4. I wasn't attempting to leech off of anyone for this game, as I have it already.

You're either terrible at arguing with Hycran (which you are regardless) or you're a lying leech (which we also already know you are).
I'm not terrible at it, I just have a need for arguing with douchebags who continually insult me.
And I'm not a lying leech you fucker.
( Which is why I continually insult you people who start this shit. )

And you wonder why everyone is so hostile towards you all the time.

You people always start it, insulting me, calling me a leech ( Even when you guys Game Share right in front of me, when I stopped )

You really do make this place near-unbearable. It was much better before you showed up.

Well then leave you dick. I'm here because I want to and can be.

On the NVG, they're probably good enough for whatever you want them for. They're also probably going to be pretty good for the price. I just don't see any reason to have them.

$70 NVG's? No functionality pl0x.

BBS Signature