00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trying to quit smoking weed

3,496 Views | 57 Replies

Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:34:50

And today is definatly been the hardest so far its the third day and i havent slept in two days not only that but the girl i really like and i thought she liked me back gets back together with her boyfriend who is also my friend so i basically have to accept it which really sucks beause today i was going to tell her how i felt.So newgrounds i am asking for some good advice on how to sove my problem

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:35:23

Marijuana isn' t addictive, you're just weak.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:35:43

rehabilitation center.

excoose meh spelling,de edukashin sistum faeled mee

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:35:45

i'll quote my father for you:

"grow some fucking balls son"

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:36:48

Advice on your weed problem or the girl problem?

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:37:39

Nice try. I highly doubt you're addicted to it. It's not that kind of drug. But if you want to quit, just do it without bothering us. There's too many topics like this floating around already.

"Will someone shove a pack of Skittles so far up this faggot's ass that he tastes the friggin rainbow?" -demonofthehiddenmist

Epic cock joke! | Best photoshop thread ever!

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:38:06

Drink tea. Smoke tea. I'm sure tea will help you out some how, it does it for me.

"Think about it think think about it" ~ Flight of the Conchords

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:39:09

At 3/7/07 05:35 PM, WilliWowza wrote: Marijuana isn' t addictive, you're just weak.

Marijuana isn't phyiscally addictive you dolt.

It's mentally addictive though.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:39:28

Throw all your weed away so you don't get tempted to smoke again

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:39:39

weak loser shit ass

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:40:02

go smoke some weed considering its not addictive and you probably just gave it up for your girlfriend.

Martha Wasington was a hip, hip, hip lady, man-Slater

Best Club Ever

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:40:03

find a new girl friend and every time you feel the need to smoke weed give yourself a non-fatal/fatal stab wound. it'll keep you mind off the weed TRUST ME

;D

Sig by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:40:49

At 3/7/07 05:39 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 3/7/07 05:35 PM, WilliWowza wrote: Marijuana isn' t addictive, you're just weak.

Only if you're too pussy just to NOT FUCKING SMOKE IT.

Dolt.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:41:55

Yeah, much like say, anything ever.

Smoking weed isn't an involuntary action. The trick to quitting is not doing it. It's your own fault you relied on weed as a response to any bad situation instead of coping with it and growing as a person.

Dead.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:43:03

I'd firstly like to say way to go on trying to quit weed. I hope you succeed. Secondly, I suggest you find another girl who is just as hot or hotter than the girl you like. Thirdly, find a hobby like painting or drawing or making flash or soccer (etcetera) to occupy your time.

Every thread I touch, dies.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:43:15

At 3/7/07 05:41 PM, CrazyManIgor wrote:
Weed is addictive, the LSD stays in your system for nearly a month so you won't get the cravings unless you havn't smoked weed in a month or so.

Since when is there LSD in weed? And since when does LSD stay in your system for any more than three days? And since when does any type of addiction only kick in after a month?

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:43:30

What does that mean, you think you want to smoke?

It's not addictive, you're just weak, dolt.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:44:17

At 3/7/07 05:40 PM, WilliWowza wrote:
At 3/7/07 05:39 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote: Marijuana isn't phyiscally addictive you dolt.

Only if you're too pussy just to NOT FUCKING SMOKE IT.

Dolt.

Dol't fight over such a stupid thing you two.

I still haven't forgiven the asians for pearl harbor.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:44:43

At 3/7/07 05:41 PM, CrazyManIgor wrote: Weed is addictive, the LSD stays in your system for nearly a month so you won't get the cravings unless you havn't smoked weed in a month or so.

LSD is a completely different drug all together.

And as other people have said. It's only been proven to be mentally addictive. Which can be just as bad (depending on the person). You have to be pretty stupid to smoke it that much anyway.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:45:16

first to the idiots that say it isn't addictive a physical addiction is only one kind. Now for your problem i would suggest distancing yourself from the friends that smoke pot cuz they will drag you back into it. Try finding a hobby or something to keep yourself busy.

I'm a metalhead and proud of it!OR AM I AN EMO, SPAM ME

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:46:50

At 3/7/07 05:45 PM, Medinus wrote:
I guess you can't tell someoens age by type, but still. Solve you're problems, by dong somthing that scares teh shit out of you.

Lol stereotypes.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:49:10

you guys are fools, long term marijuana use can definitely cause one side effect, ie you can't sleep much. most proper weed smokers use the relaxant effects of weed as a sleeping pill, just like if you had a few cans before bedtime every night it might be difficult to get to sleep without them. doesn't mean it's addictive.

long term weed smokers also might not appreciate how much weed has helped their life, helping them to lose all their anxiousness and emotional instability.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:51:06

Weed is not addictive... I smoked it for a few years.. never did anything to me..

You need some will power.

You can be a paedo to me any time - Amaranthus

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:53:48

Try to stay away from people who you smoked with until your over your temptations. I smoked weed for a couple years and I just stopped hangin out with the people who tried to pressure me to smoke it again. That worked for me but might not for you, who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 17:54:46

At 3/7/07 05:49 PM, JesusBukkake wrote: you guys are fools, long term marijuana use can definitely cause one side effect, ie you can't sleep much.

along with schizophrenic type symptoms and other mental illnesses.

long term weed smokers also might not appreciate how much weed has helped their life, helping them to lose all their anxiousness and emotional instability.

and replacing them with schizophrenic type symptoms win!

As for mr topic starter, Its good you are trying to kick that habit. But you are a bit of a fuckwit to become so dependant on it in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 18:01:37

At 3/7/07 05:55 PM, CrazyManIgor wrote: People who smoke weed will have a hard time concentrating, anxiety, adverse affect on memory and laziness, would you risk having some of these problems just to get a high?

that's bullshit, you're completely sorted when you're on it. weed is between coffee and alcohol on the scale of 'how much does it fuck you up,' you're not going to have any serious problems smoking it often as a chillout evening thing. just like you wouldn't have any serious problems drinking coffee every morning other than not being able to wake up without it, if you smoke a joint every evening it might be difficult to unwind without it. it's not anything amazing or addictive, it's just the body getting used to using something else to alter your chilledness levels.

people who seriously think it will cause schizophrenia should only smoke it, the same research can be spun to say that people with schizophrenia are more likely to smoke weed, which is totally understandable too, it really doesn't fuck your mind up much and I would be surprised if there was any real danger of a normal person getting schizophrenia, which there isn't.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 18:16:05

At 3/7/07 06:01 PM, JesusBukkake wrote:
people who seriously think it will cause schizophrenia should only smoke it, the same research can be spun to say that people with schizophrenia are more likely to smoke weed, which is totally understandable too, it really doesn't fuck your mind up much and I would be surprised if there was any real danger of a normal person getting schizophrenia, which there isn't.

The lingo they use is Schizophrenic type syndroms.

If Weed is perfectly 100% safe, then why is it illegal??

BBS Signature

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 18:20:16

The answer is exhibit A!!!

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 18:23:47

Pussy I smoked weed for a year just about every weekend sometimes during the week days. And I quit cold turkey and had no second thoughts of going back.

Response to Trying to quit smoking weed 2007-03-07 18:24:00

Weed isn't addictive in the sense that you won't be able to stop doing it. It won't "hook" you in the sense that you suddenly need it, like nicotine or crack or heroin.

It IS addictive in the sense that if you spend a shitload of time stoned, you're going to be miserable when you suddenly stop being high.

If you spend numerous nights in a row going to sleep stoned, then suddenly try to sleep sober, you're going to have alot of trouble sleeping.

It's not hard to quit, it's just not fun.

Sorry, there is really no way to suddenly let yourself get to sleep easily after abruptly stopping all pot use. Only time will help. After a few days your sleeping schedule will get back to normal and you'll be feeling alright.

Keep the pot smoking to weekends and you should be fine.