00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mobo help

723 Views | 6 Replies

Mobo help 2007-02-04 20:51:41

I just got a new mobo for my computer. It's an ECS Elitegroup P4M800-M. I hooked everythingup and installed the software. But whenever I open a program while listening to music the song will skip and repeat. I can't listen to music while browsing, or while playing games. The only time I can listen to it without it skipping is if I have no programs open. I've tried using different programs to listen to the music on, but it still skips. I really have no idea what's wrong. Can anyone help?

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 20:54:15

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Well, try the customer support at the place you bought it. How do you know it's the mobo that's wrong? It could be your sound card or something..or the program itself that is just acting up..

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 20:59:41

At 2/4/07 08:54 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Well, try the customer support at the place you bought it. How do you know it's the mobo that's wrong? It could be your sound card or something..or the program itself that is just acting up..

I know it's not the program acting up because I tried several diff ones and the music still skipped and jumped. The sound card is intergrated into the mobo, and I don't have a PCI or external soundcard that I can try out, I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I dunno if the soundcard itself is faulty or if it might be a problem with the DMA.

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 21:03:11

If it's being weird with several programs, it's definitely the mobo circuiting or something wrong with it. Because you are using integrated audio, it means it could be either the sound part of your mobo that is messed up, or any other part of it.

First off, try making it play music through a differant program, with other programs open. Let's say the BBS main page with some video game song through a game, or emulator.

If that still won't play, try calling/emailing/going to the customer support. I'm not a computer genuis about that part.

Also, when you say skips, do you mean it dosen't play at all, or plays for a split second and goes to the next, or goes to the next entirely?

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 21:03:48

Are you using the most up to date driver? How much ram, what processor?

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 21:10:30

At 2/4/07 09:03 PM, Aksumka wrote: Are you using the most up to date driver? How much ram, what processor?

The drivers are up to date. I have 768mb or ram, intel pentium 4, 2.00 ghz processor.

Response to Mobo help 2007-02-04 21:13:39

At 2/4/07 09:10 PM, WickerBasketofDoom wrote:
At 2/4/07 09:03 PM, Aksumka wrote: Are you using the most up to date driver? How much ram, what processor?
The drivers are up to date. I have 768mb or ram, intel pentium 4, 2.00 ghz processor.

Give me your compyutar >:L