00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon!

4,900 Views | 61 Replies

Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:11:05

So I was watching tv with my frienda and girlfriend and we are flipping through the channels. We eventually end up on this "Naked Brothers Band" show. So we decide to watch it to humor ourselves. I'm not sure what was going on but they were going through some families and there was two gay guys! The whole gay accent, sitting really close, acting like it on purpose, etc. They may have even made a joke about it.

Well this is no big deal to me really, but my question is since when does Nick decide it's alright for gays to be on their T.V. shows for kids?

I have nothing against it but I'm really suprised that a kid's network showed that, You would think it would be a big risk.

I don't know, do you guys think it's alright?

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:12:38

I don't see why it should be disallowed. It's not as if being gay is something you should be ashamed of. And it certainly shouldn't be hidden.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:13:32

I think it's good that they should give a positive view on gays at an early age on channels such as Nick. At least then we won't have our current idiots flaming homosexuals because they're "different" in the future. At least not as many.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:14:10

Yea, they also talked about looking at fellow 8 year old's tits.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:14:32

At 1/30/07 10:12 PM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote: I don't see why it should be disallowed. It's not as if being gay is something you should be ashamed of. And it certainly shouldn't be hidden.

I'm not saying it should be disallowed either. I was just shocked that on a kids network they did that. I didn't know the world was already at that stage of comfortability with the whole deal. I guess I'm behind on the whole issue and haven't been paying attention.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:14:49

Nick is full of facists.

They obviously want to not look homophobic- so they threw in the gay guys >:(
The naked brothers band is just... wow. terrible. Nuff said.

This is artistic expression.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:16:26

At 1/30/07 10:14 PM, LitFirecracker wrote: Nick is full of facists.

Generalizing like that won't get you far in life. A little word of advice.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:16:58

At 1/30/07 10:12 PM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote: I don't see why it should be disallowed. It's not as if being gay is something you should be ashamed of. And it certainly shouldn't be hidden.

Public gayness dosent annoy me at all. My best friend has two moms. But that effeminate, limp wristed bullshit can get annoying. It's like talking to a whigger, I just feel like screaming "STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!"

?

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:17:14

It all started with Spongebob.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:18:19

I seriously believe they shouldn't be pulling that kind of shit...they must not realize how much of an impact TV role models have on america's children nowadays...
What if some kid watching that thinks it's ok to go up to his friend and grab his butt or worse (shudders at the thought of numerous things that could happen)...

In short, no gays on TV kthxbai...

Visit my blog and click my ads! Link

If your IQ was any lower, you would trip over it.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:18:23

They figured no one watches NBB anyway.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:18:37

I'm sure that the homophobes have been sending complaints to Nickelodeon saying "GET THEM FAGZ OFF MAH KIDZ STASHUN HYUK HYUCK HYUCK"

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:20:07

yeah; i've seen alot of threads about nick being incredibly stupid about their image- and thats still a bit over the top. this is generallly the image sent to impressionable kids- that all gay people act like this, or this... generalization indeed.

This is artistic expression.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:21:57

At 1/30/07 10:16 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/30/07 10:14 PM, LitFirecracker wrote: Nick is full of facists.
Generalizing like that won't get you far in life. A little word of advice.

Actually, I believe that was a sarcastic comment. But thank you for thine insightful words, oh wise and powerful 15-year-old.

Nick isn't full of fascists...it's full of politically-correct dickbags who can't tell a joke without fearing how some soccer-mom in Utah will respond.

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:25:49

At 1/30/07 10:11 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I have nothing against it but I'm really suprised that a kid's network showed that, You would think it would be a big risk.

Yeah i think it would be a bit of a risk to air that on a kids network you would think they would be worried about if some parent saw that and panicked and tryed to get a law suit for "tramautizing" there child or somthing stupid like that.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:27:16

At 1/30/07 10:24 PM, Michael wrote: Roughtly 8.6% of human beings have homosexual tendencies

DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT NUMBER, I READ IT IN DISCOVERY MAGAZINE, BUT THEY COULD BE WRONG. Anyways,

It's hardly a stretch but yeah the Christian right will shut the show down in a month flat

well, not necesarily true, its probable though. Someone could finally step in on the whole seperation of religion and state, but i doubt it...

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:29:02

At 1/30/07 10:18 PM, Ytangon wrote: I seriously believe they shouldn't be pulling that kind of shit...they must not realize how much of an impact TV role models have on america's children nowadays...
What if some kid watching that thinks it's ok to go up to his friend and grab his butt or worse (shudders at the thought of numerous things that could happen)...

This may be the lamest thing I ever read. Nowadays on TV, the heterosexuals are behaving more and more explicitly as soon as the evening sets in. Five year old boys see close-up asses in thongs all the time.
But you are worrying that when they see two guys holding hands, they'll get the idea of sucking their friend's cock.

Et tu, Freud?

Get some fucking perspective, bigot asshole.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:33:45

At 1/30/07 10:18 PM, Ytangon wrote: I seriously believe they shouldn't be pulling that kind of shit...they must not realize how much of an impact TV role models have on america's children nowadays...

What an asshole. 90% of shit TV nowadays coincidentally revolves around "Jessica got a boyfriend? And then he dumped her? No WAY! Like, OMIGAWD!" So it's OK for heterosexual couples but GET THOSE GAYS OFF MY TELEVISION SCREEN!

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:37:17

At 1/30/07 10:29 PM, WinTang wrote: This may be the lamest thing I ever read. Nowadays on TV, the heterosexuals are behaving more and more explicitly as soon as the evening sets in. Five year old boys see close-up asses in thongs all the time.
But you are worrying that when they see two guys holding hands, they'll get the idea of sucking their friend's cock.

Et tu, Freud?

Get some fucking perspective, bigot asshole.

No, they're both wrong. Television shows shouldn't be dirtying the minds of boys with explicit imagery nor indoctrinating them into believing that perverse forms of behavior are ok.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:40:17

I also noticed NBB was apart of the TeenNick lineup.

But hey, TeenNick apparently isn't as raunchy. It's incredibly gay, but not raunchy as the NBB.

Right behind you

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:42:53

I'll have to look into this.

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:44:19

I saw the naked brothers band movie with my friends (don't ask) and there's SO much sexual innuendo in it that I'm amazed it's on nick.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:44:48

Wouldn't suprise me. I was surfing the TV and came across Cartoon Network. It was some 3D cartoon and a guy yelled "WHAT THE HELL?!". Odd.

Resident furfag, and (one of) Newground's bastard child(s).

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:46:54

At 1/30/07 10:37 PM, Altarus wrote: No, they're both wrong. Television shows shouldn't be dirtying the minds of boys with explicit imagery nor indoctrinating them into believing that perverse forms of behavior are ok.

Before you copy your bible or whatever the hell teaches you that Neanderthalian point of view on homosexuality, look up what perverse means.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:48:07

A lot of people in this thread are twats.

Gay couples (of either gender) should NOT be shown of children's TV.

Sexual relationships have no place in shows aimed at kids.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:51:00

At 1/30/07 10:46 PM, WinTang wrote: Before you copy your bible or whatever the hell teaches you that Neanderthalian point of view on homosexuality, look up what perverse means.

K... I looked it up, now what?

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:51:48

There's a time in life where an individual discovers all things related to sex, including sexual orientation; that time isn't at 8 years old, and most definitely not on a kid's TV channel.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:52:47

Jokes like this have been on Nick's shows forever. Seriously, look at some old Rocko or Ren and Stimpy episodes. Some of the innuendo on those shows are so raunchy they wouldn't even air by today's standards.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:53:23

Ok, just 2 things.

1). They suck. Their music sucks. Their show sucks.
2). I don't care about what they put on the show.

Response to Gay "couple" on Nickelodeon! 2007-01-30 22:54:21

At 1/30/07 10:48 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
A lot of people in this thread are twats.
Gay couples (of either gender) should NOT be shown of children's TV.

Sexual relationships have no place in shows aimed at kids.

I don't get it.
Are you saying that only gay couples have sexual relationships?
Are you perhaps saying that whenever you see a gay couple, you immediately picture them having sex?

I repeat -
et tu, Freud?