00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When Did Rock die?

4,921 Views | 73 Replies

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-23 23:52:44

At 1/23/07 10:51 PM, T-N-T wrote: Banda like NIN are still on the roll.

Bands like NIN are terrible.

ERROR - you must enter at least one search term longer than characters.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-23 23:56:58

it didnt die...check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtYNTgY nJI ....metal and classic rock is pretty much all we have left....good metal cannot by nature sell out...so fall in love awhile, itll be here to stay...

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-23 23:57:31

Rock didn't die. There is just a genre of music you don't like. Stop being so ignorant.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 00:00:06

never.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 00:03:16

Rock died with John Bonham

end of topic

Grey power.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 00:35:52

At 1/23/07 10:45 PM, Funny-Man wrote: All we have is out older rock, im currently listening to Symphony of Destruction <3

Oh hells yeah!

The earth starts to rumble...

The world powers fall...

*Let the headbanging begin*

Too much headbanging leads to headache

The remix fails though :(

On so many levels.

ZSC/FE Crews

NG Mafia/Survival RPG

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 00:40:37

I listen to Classical so I could not tell you for sure.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 01:01:35

They give the people what they want. Catchy shitty music. I mean for god sakes if i have to listen to my radio play U2 VERTIGO! one more god damn time, i'm going to go and find U2 and do something (i guess).

I suggest if you are very lost and need consulting on where to begin, Start with some black sabbath, and work your way up.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 01:06:17

when rap shot rock 3 times in the chest (rock will come back, hitting rap hard)

Cheating? I like to call it strategic opportunity.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 05:29:01

At 1/23/07 11:01 PM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 1/23/07 10:59 PM, ATIFunkFire wrote:
At 1/23/07 10:57 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Remember when Kurt Cobain died? So did rock.
rock killed itself?
no, Courtney Love did.

. . .You're a retard if you seriously believe that. Nirvana blows. Radiohead, and Muse. great bands still on the role.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 05:31:45

Rock LIVES! Believe in yourself, and all your dreams will come true.

Do it.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 05:40:21

Rock didnt die, its just gone underground, and faggy radio bands are being called 'Rock' .

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 05:42:28

Classic rock died in the 70s. I have a feeling that's what you're really asking. There's a lot of good rock out these days. That's not to say that classic rock isn't amazing, but it's not the be-all end-all of rock and roll music.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 05:57:43

Rock is still here.

Avenged Sevenfold still melts my face.

Everytime I die is some good rock too.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:04:48

Rock cannot die.

Be patient my brothers and sisters, for the rock shall return more powerful than ever before, and it shall take up arms alongside the metal and the industrial, to liberate us from the posers that do defile our airwaves.

The unbelievers will be converted or destroyed in the onslaught of guitar shredding epic solos that shall echo even unto the marble halls of the heavens and the cavernous depths of hell.
And we, the faithful, shall take our place at the front of the crowd, mere feet from the gods we love so dearly, so that we might gaze upon their awesome forms as they blast out thousands upon thousands of megawatts of truth and justice unto the ears of mortal men.

The golden age will come. my brothers and sisters, we must do our part until that time. Heed not the words of heretics and unbelievers, partake not in the litanies of ignorance and idiocy that are uttered by the false ones. We must fight the battle until our saviors arrive to deliver the final blow, we must show those cooperate fools what real music is, we must show our support by bearing the banners of our patron gods, we must wear their symbols on our person where ever possible. And we shall scream their names from rooftops and mountains alike, in hopes they will hear our call, and awaken!

We shall for we must. The day of deliverance will soon be at hand.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:15:26

At 1/24/07 06:12 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I was going to post something ever so witty back, but mI wont, as I am a better person than you. As evidenced by your support for underage sex and your support for abortion (but only when it applies to you).

You're going to disparage underage sex on a rock thread? That's a silly thing to do.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:22:36

At 1/24/07 06:17 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: The thing is - cellardoor6 tried to appear respectable.

He is a religious man. A religious man who wants to see kids fucking on the street and carrying out their abortions with coathangers.

Seriously, I preffer subhumans to cellardoor6, because subhumans are honest about what they are.

Wow.

Zero really tells it like it is.

Thats deserves respect, and I totally agree with you.

And how did all of this get brought into the "When did rock die?" thread?

Shouldn't we be talking about rock?

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:28:34

Wow Z, something is happening on your end, isn't it? So he thinks underage sex is okay, so he thinks abortion is okay, how does that make him less respectable? Regardless of how religious he is.

If there is something shitty going on in your life, don't take it out on Cellar, or anyone else for that matter. I see no reason for this hostility, other than something external. Seriously man, chill.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:32:59

At 1/24/07 06:26 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: K. I suppose I'd better add to what I typed out earlier then. Although I would state that it "died" in the 60's, it still exists - just not on the radio.

It died as a modern radio commodity. That is all.

This is very true.

I haven't listened to any actual radio since about the 8th grade.

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:42:10

Good luck finding someone to do that, I wouldn't hug Charlie.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 06:57:58

At 1/24/07 06:52 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: It makes him less respectable, as he was against it, but he was considering a change of stance when he got his girlfriend pregnant.

Experience brings wisdom. Stubbornness to change one's stance due to circumstances is just plain foolery. I see no diminishing of respectability in considering his options.

If there is something shitty going on in your life, don't take it out on Cellar, or anyone else for that matter. I see no reason for this hostility, other than something external. Seriously man, chill.
There is nothing external. You should know by now that I am far more raitonal than that.

Okay, sure. I'm too tired to continue with this.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:12:45

I still lives. Just not on the radio or TV.
I could list out lots of great bands for you if you like. PM me.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:15:57

At 1/24/07 07:01 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 1/24/07 06:57 AM, MagnusTheRed wrote: Experience brings wisdom. Stubbornness to change one's stance due to circumstances is just plain foolery. I see no diminishing of respectability in considering his options.
He did not experience anything, he isn't even a father yet.

Besides, changing his outlook requires a change of religion. Furthermore, what sort of world would we live in if people didn't take responsibility for their own actions?

Oh god damn it, I said I didn't want to continue with this...

Simply (and easily countered), he did gain experience. He experienced what it was like to know that he will become a father. He experienced the life changing effects the mere prospect of fatherhood has. And so, he considered his options. I take it you've never got someone pregnant.

And changing his outlook does not require a change of religion, as there is such a thing as a pro-choice Christian. Also I see no irresponsibility on his part.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:20:46

Metal hasn't died yet, but rock certainly has.

Then again, Heavy Metal died in 1992... Wait, I forgot, HammerFall just rejoined and are releasing an album this year.

And so is Megadeth, another 80's metal act.

So, in fact, not even classic metal has died. I don't think music does die, because it can easily be revitilised with just one band. Rock/Metal has died in mainstream. But that's a good thing.

>:(

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:24:27

At 1/24/07 07:18 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 1/24/07 07:15 AM, MagnusTheRed wrote: Simply (and easily countered)
He experienced fuck all, he experienced speculation.

So you haven't got anyone pregnant. Don't talk about things like this when you don't know. Knowing you will be a father is a big thing. A very fucking big thing.

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:24:35

At 1/24/07 07:20 AM, Chindamo wrote: Then again, Heavy Metal died in 1992... Wait, I forgot, HammerFall just rejoined and are releasing an album this year.

Hammerfall = Power Metal...isnt it?

and they're releasing a new album? FUCK!

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:33:53

man all i hear on the mainstream radio is pop, emo-core that ppl classify as "awesome stuff", rnb/rap and house..o fuk i hate house. mainstream is so damn homo these days. thats y i hardly lsiten to the radio, i b a cheap bitch and download all the metal i want

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 07:43:29

At 1/23/07 10:51 PM, NimbleElephant wrote: Rock hasn't died. It just isn't as mainstream. Find the right radio station and you'll be set.

oh i agree

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 08:00:36

You and I are mortal, but Rock n' Roll shall never die!

BBS Signature

Response to When Did Rock die? 2007-01-24 08:08:18

I'm afraid 20 minute mastubatory guitar solos aren't very interesting anymore.